Queen Noor's Fashion and Style: October 2004 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Again,she looks stunning.White/cream definitely suits Q.Noor!

She looks very elegant! I like this white dress. It looks very good on her.

Queen Noor's 1984 White Formal Dress

The long sleeve formal dress that Queen Noor in 1984 (with King Hussein) is wearing is by Valentino. I saw an old photo of the American socialite Ann Getty wearing it in a short sleeve version.

Thank´s Tunney. She had other similar dress perhaps too by Valentino. She usually went to Italy to bought clothes.

Queen Noor's 1984 White Formal Dress

Yes, Salma, you are correct. She wore alot of Valentino, especially thru the 1980's.

In addition, she says in her book "Leap of Faith" that in 1978 when she 1st got married that she needed a royal wardrobe asap (State visits , etc.), so she went to Valentino and was able to wear the modle sizes because she was still so thin. She said that she went to Valentino because a member of the Royal Jordanien family already shopped there..I am guessing princess Firyal...

Yes Tunney she traveles to Italy and France for shopping clothes very usually during 80´s (we´ve pics her shopping at Valentino´s). Yes you are correct Fyrial wore Valentino´s dresses, and too Queen Alia.

Queen Noor & Valentino

Also, about 10 or 15 years ago, Valentino released I believe 30th edition book of his carear. My library had a copy in their reference section.. very big and heavy. I noticed the white dress in short sleeves & alot of formal dress's, suits and day dresses that were the same or very similiar to Queen Noor's and Queen Sofia of Spain. Both women I believe wore alot of Valentino in the 1980's.

Tunney11,your information are so enlightening!I'm glad you joined us!I'm sure these royal ladies could never go wrong by wearing Valentino's clothes.I would love to hear more about other designers/brands that Q.Noor and other ladies loved to wear.

Queen Noor too wore many YSL dresses, as blue dress that she wore in march 1986.

Queen Noor's Fashion

Salma you are correct about Noor wearing YSL. The suits that she wore at the airport in Amman in 1984 to greet Queen Elizabeth and to bid her goodbye were by YSL. In addition in the 80's she also wore Dior by Marc Bohan and Pierre Cardin.

Noor wore a lot of couture when she was Queen and still does, most notably Valentino.

Thank´s Tunney for info. She wore Valentinos, YSL... more during 80´s than the 90´s.

My favorite style for Queen Noor is the traditional Jordanian caftan (I know that it's not really a caftan, but I don't know what it is called). She is so tall, and looks so beautiful in that flowy style.

Me too Sgl and too when she wear jordanian dress.

It's a beautiful suit!!I remember this.Red and white are such a nice combination!

She was so feminine and impressive,even at that time when she was so much younger.I like seeing Q.Noor smiling.

I too love the pictures of a young Queen Noor. If anyone has more please post them.

Blue and golden again!One of my favourite combinations.She looked stunning one more time!

Yes Noor looks nice yesterday, I like when she wore these dresses. I think she has lost some weight .

I love these Jordanian dresses which she wears. I never get tired of seeing the same dress again as they are so gorgeous.
I wish that Noor would go blonde again as that color hair lightens up her face and radiates.

Thanks Salma and queenofthelight!!! These pictures are so great!!! I also love her in traditional dress. The king was such a dashing looking man IMO!!! How fun to be able to look at these pictures!!!!

The traditional dress posted above is very nice,but the black dress she wore during the awards is even nicer.She didn't combine it with the appropriate jewels,though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom