Queen Mathilde's Eveningwear Part 3: April 2017 - August 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not a fan of the lace overcoat, but otherwise Mathilde's outfit is beautiful.

this is a fail for me. Too much going on with lace and ruffles; also dont think that the coat element is appropriate for the event.

THe colour is beautiful, and I love the hat (tho not with this outfit)

Rare miss by Queen Mathilde

:previous:
Very much agree with you. This looks like a very expensive lingerie for a honeymoon to me. I think the color is beautiful on her, yet the lace, the ruffles, the silky dress under it just does not seem the type of outfit for this event. Or it could be a party dress for an evening out with the hubby at a fancy dinner with wine and roses......Not a somber occasion like this.

Now this is a sombre outfit done spectacularly, it's appropriate but has that bit of personality to it. :flowers:
Elegant, feminine and without being fussy. Well done Queen Mathilde, love the entire ensemble is wonderful, from the hat down to the shoes. It is difficult to hit the right note on such anniversaries and her subtleties of her soft greys are beautiful and her coat is a work of art that makes the entire ensemble almost perfect.

Duc, I think you have to be flexible with dress etiquette on such occasions. Throughout Europe, we have seen wedding guests at afternoon weddings wearing tiaras and evening gowns. This is obviously because the event will segue effortlessly into the evening and night. So too with afternoon wear that will still be worn once the sun has gone down.

Last edited:
The more I look at it, the less I like it!
Too Mother-of-the-Bride.

I am sorry , but yesterday and too day the Queen of the Belgians wore cocktail dresses and not War commemoration dresses !

It's the perfect dress for an afternoon event that goes on till evening. They didn't had time to change and that's why she couldn't drop the hat (same goes for the Duchess of Cambridge). The colour is perfect for such an occasion. I don't like white for mourning (I know it's an old European thing, but still...) so a somber half mourning colour is perfect give it's a commemoration of an event happened 100 years ago.

Beautiful look. Somber but elegant. I love the lace coat. :flowers:

If it was a funeral I may say the lace coat wasn't enough, but it's a commemoration. Her look is somber and formal enough.

The hat is beautiful and completes the look ?

Terrible outfit and it ages her.

Oh dear, that was a horrible choice to wear out to the opera or anywhere. Take that entire outfit out and burn it now.....gads just awful!

I wonder who *these* people are that say what is *in* and what is *out* for this just not a good look on her, cheap and trashy look I have seen and not good on a queen.

I wonder who *these* people are that say what is *in* and what is *out* for this just not a good look on her, cheap and trashy look I have seen and not good on a queen.
Not a good look for any woman!

Queen Mathilde colourful at a dinner for young entrepreneurs yesterday evening, September 7:

** Pic **

:previous:

Correct, she went from bad to worse........I would be embarrassed to wear that in public.

Agree, an ugly print and the blouson jumpsuit look not good for most.

Interesting dress but I don't like it.

It's a new Dries van Noten dress of the Spring/Summer 2017 collection, Queen Mathilde wore this evening.

The pink gown is stunning. One of the most beautiful she has worn.

That is very nice, even though I don't know what stuff she has on the dress. It's beautiful!

She looks fantastic! The dress is beautiful, her hair is great - very good look for her.

Mathilde has now become the owner of the color...pink! She looks marvelous in this gown, the color, the design, the fit, everything is perfect on her. I love who ever designed this gown with all the tiny detail work in beads, amazing work to do. Her hair, her make-up and those earrings are to die for, one the very best gowns that she has ever worn...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom