Queen Mathilde's Daytime Fashion Part 7: March 2017 - March 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Very elegant out and really nice hairstyle on Queen Mathilde at the latest new years reception.

Awful, ill fitting dress which does her no favors. The color is too blah for her. Nice hairdo and shoes

A beautiful and elegant dress. She looks great.

Typical shape of Natan, but the embroidery is subtle elegance.

I was underwhelmed from distance. Color looked blah and wasn't sure on fit.

But up close its beautiful. The color is subtle but lovely. Beautiful embroidery.:flowers:

Queen Mathilde at the third New Year's reception at the Royal Palace in Brussels today, January 18, wearing an animal print dress - not my taste:

** Full view ** Full view 2 **

Last edited:
I also am only a small fan of animal print. You need to be choosey and a little goes a long way.

It helps if you choose a print that is not overly bold or artsy and instead maybe just a tad on the neutral side of things. She is the one Royal that I think does not make goofy choices in this category. She looks superb in this dress and styling. The sleek hair helps, IMO.

And his brownish/purple tie helps, too!

Queen Mathilde at the third New Year's reception at the Royal Palace in Brussels today, January 18, wearing an animal print dress - not my taste: ** Full view ** Full view 2 **

Lovely! :flowers: And I love the way they hold hands. Perfection! Agree about his tie bringing it together.

Rarely a fan of animal prints when they are in the actual color of the animal, like a costume. Few people make it look good without looking like going to a costume party as Jane. Mathilde is one of them who can.

I love the look on her :flowers:

Queen Mathilde at the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland, today, January 23:

** Full view **

Awful jacket. And her hair looks like taking page from Maxima :sad:

I find the red suit very elegant.

Its better than yesterdays terrible outfit but not sure whats going on with the Dutch-Belgian queens style teams at Davos,hairstyle much nicer today.

I don't mind the suit, but I resent that blouse underneath with that awful collar

It's a business pantsuit and fine for the event. Hideous is excessive. Ugly and what every working exec woman wears is a better description IMO.

Royals at Davos tend to suit dress, rather than dress fashionably.

I like the colour of Mathilde's suit but there's something about the top half that is a little off to me. It seems quite oddly fitting.

:previous: I agree that one photo makes it look all lumpy. But it is less bad in the other photo. Sometimes I think photogs troll for unflattering stuff. And sometimes the suit is bad. Hard for me to tell here. Could be either/both?

It's a business pantsuit and fine for the event. Hideous is excessive. Ugly and what every working exec woman wears is a better description IMO.

Royals at Davos tend to suit dress, rather than dress fashionably.

The top females at Davos, IMF Christine Lagarde, Ginny rometty of IBM, May of GB, Merkel, etc do wear suits, string of pearls, but their generally monochrome outfits are very traditional. This suit of Mathilde has the odd zippered closure and unusual patterned collar and large cuffs. It looks too costumey and not business like, like a Star wars outfit gone wrong. such a shame because she is such a beautiful elegant woman who could really wear anything.

Last edited:
I love the look. She looks elegant.

nice look nice color for her,her hair is changed new hair cut maybe?

Nice elegant look on the queen but God whats with the ugly necklaces,two in a row with this outfit.

Queen Mathilde at the "Student Engagement, A Resource For The Future" conference in Brussels today, February 6, recycling the wonderful fuchsia blouse combined with a grey skirt:

** Full view ** Upper part ** October 2017 **

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom