Queen Mathilde's Daytime Fashion Part 3: September 2014 - March 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
(..) I like her outfit. In fact, it actually goes with her brace and crutches. :flowers: She is color-coordinated to the nth degree.

Last edited by a moderator:

Queen Mathilde visited the Province Flemish Brabant today, February 26, wearing a Natan jacket and a grey pencil skirt. I don't like that print.

** Full view ** Upper part ** Upper part 2 **

This is a nice outfit. Even though I don't like the print, it's a nice color and the fit is great. I thought at first this was an Armani outfit.

That's a very nice simple outfit on QMathilde. I like how she looks in bright pink and the pencil skirt.

That top- can't decide what it reminds me more of- puke or bananas.

Queen Mathilde participated in an conference about Ebola in Brussels today, March 3, recycling her nice and fresh Natan combination of yellow blouse and grey skirt:

** Full view ** Upper part ** January 2015 ** October 2014 **

It's a nice outfit and the pop of color with the grey skirt work well. The overall look is lacking accessorize, it looked much nicer when worn in January 2015.

This is a great dress and I always like seeing it. The print is pretty and soft.

I especially like the "walking assistance device." :lol: I wonder if my health plan would provide similar coverage. :D

I don't care for the large print on her. It is especially unflattering with her injury and having to wear flats. Poor thing, I feel for her. :(

(...)

Nice hair do and make up , does not seem suffering too much and being tired.

I love the orange dress! Beautiful color and style.

She always looks wonderful in orange and this dress is no exception.

Her Majesty looked very elegant and regal,its a pity that royals no longer wear tiaras when visiting the Pope!

Queen Mathilde in Washington yesterday, March 6, wearing an orange dress with a nice cut and an orange coat:

** Full view with coat ** Full view ** Upper part **

Queen Mathilde elegant in white at the Vatican today, March 9:

** Full view ** Full view 2 ** Full view 3 ** Upper part **

Her Majesty looked very elegant and regal,its a pity that royals no longer wear tiaras when visiting the Pope!
First- Love it.
Second- Love it. Elegant. Is her Majesty Catholic?
Third- Read that Pope Francis relaxed the rules.;)

They do, when it is a State Visit. Note that the Pope himself also did not wear a choir dress and a mozetta. He was in his plain old daily white cassock.

When the Prince of Orange, the Prince of Asturias, Princess Máxima and Princess Letizia were at the Investiture of the Pope (see picture, click on the picture to blow up to XXL), they were a step higher in protocol, the ladies in long and the gentlemen in white tie or ceremonial uniform, but still no diadems as this was not a State Visit, which is one step higher again.

:flowers:

Often a State Visit to the Holy See is a spin-off from a State Visit to Rome. Even then it depends on the willingness of the visitors to wear diadems or not. Queen Beatrix (a Protestant Queen) did not. Queen Elizabeth II (a Protestant Queen) did. Queen Sonja (a Protestant Queen) did not. Queen Silvia (a Protestant Queen) did.

:flowers:

I hope to see Queen Letizia, Queen Mathilde and Queen Máxima (all catholic Queens) to wear it to the utmost formality but... it also depends on the Pope. It is known that Pope Benedictus XVI wanted a smooth execution of papal protocol. The same under Pope Johannes Paulus II. The current Pope seems not to be interested at all and most likely does not care at all what his visitors wear and what Vatican protocol means. He has a lot of similarities with Pope Johannes XXIII, who was a simple man too, but the last one remained attached to the centuries old papal protocol. As long as the Pope does not make that "step up" (wearing a choir dress, a mozetta, a papal stole), the royals will also not do.

She looked absolutely lovely. Perfect and simple style. The outfit is so regal, elegant, and so beautiful. Mathilde looks great.

Why should Maxima Wife of a Protestant King be in White ??

Only Letizia, Mathilde, Maria Teresa of Luxembourg Catholic MM and RH have the privilège du blanc.
The Princess of Liechtenstein , the Princess of Monaco as Serine Highnesses don't have this privilège

Last edited:
So a lady who was born, baptized and raised roman-catholic, went to a German nun-school and to a Catholic university, who married with formal dispensation from the Church and who is a Queen of a country where the roman-catholics are the largest christian domination, should be refused to wear white? Hmmm....

Note that the Vatican does not actively pursue the so-called privilège du blanc. Any lady can wear any colour of the rainbow in front of the Pope. As long as they are decently dressed.

:previous: I think Mathilde looked wonderful. Her white ensemble looked to be very plain but elegant and offset with a truly fabulous white lace mantilla. But, if the Queen of Belgium turned up in anything less than the finest Brussels Lace, I would have been very surprised indeed.

It is a little difficult to get a real sense of the ensemble when she was on crutchers as her shoulders hunched a little and so the best view was of her seated in her wheelchair or when she stood unaided accepting a gift from HH.

I thought this was a very beautiful shot of Mathilde.

http://41.media.tumblr.com/2cf8341c1dc434388a165129293f1606/tumblr_nkyofo8G9d1r6jme9o1_500.jpg

(...)

Queen Mathilde looks serene and enchanting - and what a beautiful lace veil! I agree with dazzling - I hope we see the coat and dress again soon.

Queen Mathilde is a real lady. With the full meaning of the word. God bless her and her family.

The photo of HM is simply beautiful! Soft, and so feminine with the edge of her mantilla half covering her face in such exquisite lace...

(..) :ohmy: She tries hard to look decent and relaxed, poor thing...
The white outfit looks very nice and quite elegant.

(..)

The photo of HM is simply beautiful! Soft, and so feminine with the edge of her mantilla half covering her face in such exquisite lace...
She truly looks like a Madonna in these photos. (By that I mean the Blessed Mother, not the singer.);)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom