Queen Mathilde's Daytime Fashion Part 3: September 2014 - March 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mathilde's outfit is nice and simple, but I agree with those who are not a fan of the fascinator. Whilst it fits in with the simple vibe of the outfit, it just looks a little strange. Mathilde also appears to be wearing a piece of fur on her left sleeve, which to me is a bit odd. (Not that I'm saying fur is odd, just that one small piece of it is odd.)

Doesn't Maxima have a similar fascinator?

Yes she does, stephanievl has just posted a photo of it a couple of posts above. :flowers:

I think Mathilde looks fantastic in this whole outfit, with and without the coat. It's very chic and swish and I like the subdued colours. I don't mind the fascinator at all, maybe a couple more prongs may have been better!

Yes, the fascinator is not the best we have seen on Mathilde or Maxima, but I have to confess that I like the headpiece, but it won't top our favourite list I suppose. The fact that she choose this for such an event means that in future Queen Mathilde can be seen wearing other things on her head for this type of events.

:previous:

It's been another recycled combination - fresh and elegant:

** Yesterday ** October 2014 **

First- she looks like a banana. Miss.
Second- Love the coat but the hat is ghastly! TV antennas.
Third- TV antenna number one. TV antenna number two.

The hat is a miss and I won't even call it a hat but wires sticking out IMO. The cap coat is lovely and fits beautifully. The outfit is unflattering to the cut as it makes Mathilde look bigger than she is, though the color is great!

The cut of the outfit is off, but the dress/suit itself is beautiful. I love the cape!
No words for whatever is on her head.

Queen Mathilde visited the service centre Sint-Oda that offers home and day care for people with disabilities in Overpelt today, January 28, recycling a blouse and pants combination in brown and grey:

** Full view ** Upper part ** With a grey coat **

Queen Mathilde visited the service centre Sint-Oda that offers home and day care for people with disabilities in Overpelt today, January 28, recycling a blouse and pants combination in brown and grey:

** Full view ** Upper part ** With a grey coat **

I thought she looked very nice, the tones are soft and the necklace adds quite a lot to her look.

I don't care for the color of the top. Not a very flattering look as a whole.

I happen to think that the colors she chose are very drab. Not the most flattering for such a beautiful queen.

Qen Mathilde looking great in a burgundy lace dress at the 4th New Year's reception today, January 29:

** Pic **

I think that is my favorite of her NY outfits! Love it!

Qen Mathilde looking great in a burgundy lace dress at the 4th New Year's reception today, January 29:

** Pic **

Wonderful. The outfit is screaming for some rubies and diamonds though.

Oh, rubies and diamonds would be just divine!

;)A great colour for lace, Mathilde looks divine! Of-course, I agree about the rubies and diamonds

It is an awesome color, which HM looks divine in!

The red dress is so beautiful! She looks so stunning.

Yummy color on HM! This dress has to be one of my faves right now. Very flattering.

I love Mathilde's latest look, she looks wonderful and lace suits her a lot. The only negative thing I have to say about her dress is that I would've preferred it in black, but it still looks great in purple/plum all the same.

She looks very lovely. I love the top; that color is very beautiful.

Last edited:

Mathilde visited the General Welfare Centre Limburg vzw and the Centre De Sfeer in Genk today, February 4, wearing a pencil skirt and a top in a nice light colour, combined with a grey coat:

** Full view with coat ** Upper part coat ** Full view ** Upper part **

What a lovely shade and style her top is. The simplicity of this look works well without being accessorized much. The coat is nice but the underneath outfit is nicer.

Two different looks for Queen Mathilde today, February 5:

Dark pants and a blouse in a similar colour as yesterday at an international symposium in Leuven:

** Upper part ** Upper part 2 ** Upper part 3 **

And a recycled combination of an orange top and animal print skirt at a meeting at the Royal Palace:

** Full view ** October 2014 **

The pink top is very beautiful.

:previous:

I like the colours and fabric, but I think a smaller print of the pattern would have been better. As usual, I think Queen Mathilde looks radiant whatever she wears!

So no. Big miss. Today, the pattern on her dress reminds me of pretzels....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom