Queen Mathilde's Daytime Fashion Part 2: February 2014 - September 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Very unflattering with those open darts on the skirt. The horizontal pattern of the fabric does't help either. She's such a pretty woman, but these last two hats she's worn do nothing for her. I have to wonder what she's thinking...

Are you thinking Natan? I suspect so too. I've never understood why the top part of his dresses or tops are always so tight and small looking. Just throws the proportion off and makes for a very unflattering look.
So many of the "stock" designs are made with the coat-hanger models in mind so very few take "the girls" of more average-proportioned women into account. :whistling:

I'm rotfl with you! I fail to see how it works, though.

It was very cold and windy that day and I cannot understand how she did not wear a coat?

Mathilde at the summer photo session in Blankenberge today, July 12, wearing white pants and a white top combined with a summer coat:

** Upper part ** Upper part 2 **

The coat is nice and the white shirt and trousers match the coat.overall I don't like this look for a summer photo session. A dress would have looked better. But based on the way the weather looks like it seems it was the only option.

Last edited by a moderator:
(...)

I thought Mathilde looked perfect for the occasion with her coat of many colors! I liked the combo of the coat with the white top and pants. Nicely done.

It's not a bad outfit, its very Mathilde but as a poster said It's not a look you would like to see for a photoshot.

I like this outfit. The horizontal pattern looks nice this time. She looks good in stripes and I like the combo of colours.

Perfect for a visit to an emergency-services organization, except it's not. It appears that she's wearing a bandage in tribute. :lol:

Yes! It's a style that would look nice on a lot of ladies, as well. Good inspiration for an outfit.:flowers:

(...)

I thought Mathilde looked perfect for the occasion with her coat of many colors! I liked the combo of the coat with the white top and pants. Nicely done.

Always loved this dress and once again Mathilde looks perfect from head to toe.

Perfect for a visit to an emergency-services organization, except it's not. It appears that she's wearing a bandage in tribute. :lol: .... [snipped]
You are right. It was quite inventive of Queen Mathilde :lol:

You took the words right out of my mouth! :)

:previous: No, no, it's a pretty styled dress and she doesn't have to wear bandages on her head for the migraines caused from too many coloured stripes.

I love this look on her! It fits well and it looks so summery. I like the pastel accessories with it this time around.

She wears it very well. Great for the summer months.

Just lovely.
Usually I do not like the printed dresses, but this one is special. I particularly like the upper part of the dress.
Especially nice that Queen wears a watch so often.

July 21, 2014 - Mathilde in a printed orange dress matched with a wide brim hat.

I thought her hat was really nice but her dress was a bit too casual. I also think that she does not pull off the shoulder detailing well, it's just not her style though the colour of the dress is quite nice.

Full view

it's a bit loose on the waistline, don't you think? And I agree a bit to casual for such an occasion. It's the National Day after all. This is something I would rather pick for a wedding by the sea, especially with that hat.

Already.....
The Queen never wore a hat like this ! It will rain to day , I hope this material will resist !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom