Queen Mathilde's Daytime Fashion Part 2: February 2014 - September 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
EDIT: Whatever it is she has on her head, she should have left it at home.

And whoever sold it to her should be put in the Belgian equivalent of the Tower!

Last edited by a moderator:
EDIT: Whatever it is she has on her head, she should have left it at home.

And whoever sold it to her should be put in the Belgian equivalent of the Tower!

MY husband, peering over my shoulder, thought it was a bandage. (note to self - arrange eye test for husband, ...or perhaps not ) :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
LOL.. It does appear to be a bandage on her head! Hardly flattering. I'm not a big fan of her dress, either. But the color is lovely, and she does look nice.

I love this colour on Queen Mathilde and I love capes so I am impressed by the design of the dress! The hat is not the right one for the dress - maybe she should have had a hat in the same colour? A diamond brooch would have looked good with this dress!

The dress had a Gothic theme. However, the execution was poor. The turban hat is terrible.

Last edited:
I think she looks awful. What's with the superhero capes? Maxima is doing it as well. Her hat/turban/bandage is awful and doesn't go. Only thing I like is the dress colour and her smile.

The hat was bad. I agree. She is so lovely, it is a pity that someone sold her that thing. But in the end she wore it. Between her and her mother-in-law, the milliners should be hung. A bandage, that was very apt. The dress is pretty, but nothing spectacular.

MY husband, peering over my shoulder, thought it was a bandage. (note to self - arrange eye test for husband, ...or perhaps not ) :lol:[/QUOTE]

I'm with your husband! She looks like she came straight from the army field hospital with a concussion.

I love the cut and colour of the dress. It is a colour that really flatters her but it suffered from a severe shortage of bling to raise it from "meh" to "magnificent". As to the hat? I think it would take more than a spoon full of sugar to make that medicine go down!

Mathilde's dress idea is great but the end result could've been better IMO. The colour is lovely. Not sure what was going on with her turban which didn't really look like a turban but more of a piece of fabric around her head.

That thing on her head looks awkward. Either a hair or an elegant updo would have been much better. The dress is nice though.

She looks like she took one of Max's dish towels and wrapped it around her head, sometimes Max does the same thing.........and to think they pay money for this? I have some old hats, around 50 years old, if she wants she can have them. The dress is nice and the color is perfect one her, that thing on the head needs to be tossed.

I don't like the mummy returns turban it ruined her outfit which was nice but a brooch might have completed the look.

The dress is not quite my cup of tea but the colour is very nice on her.
The "hat" is indeed the worst part of the ensemble, what was she thinking?:eek:

It looks like she forgot her proper hat and wrap her head around some material she found in her linen closet. I like the color of her dress and her earrings but not those sleeves; Is that a coat/cape?:ohmy:

Love the dress, but the hat is a big miss.

Love the blue .. totally donot understand the bandage ...

That shade of blue is stunning and looks great on Mathilde. Like others here, I think that it would've been best if she'd left her turban at home.

Agree with all to ditch the turban and apply some major bling

Queen Mathilde has baptized the patrol ship P901 'Castor' at the Zeebrugge marine base today, July 10, 2014, wearing the dress she first wore during the visit to Sweden in April. This time she combined it with a headpiece.

** Full view ** Upper part ** April 2014 **

The fact that the dress doesn't fit well, the bust is too tight, too tight in the armholes and the waist is too big, plus the pattern hits in an unflattering way, must make me think it is the dreaded n designer. Mathilda could make a paper sack look good, why she is always doing that with his brand is beyond me
Just look at the way the sleeves are set in, the seam is quite visible, vs the dress q Silvia is wear and how her sleeves are in at the shoulders and armholes

Last edited:

Queen Mathilde has baptized the patrol ship P901 'Castor' at the Zeebrugge marine base today, July 10, 2014, wearing the dress she first wore during the visit to Sweden in April. This time she combined it with a headpiece.

** Full view ** Upper part ** April 2014 **

Love the hat, I think its quite unique and the colour is great. The dress fabric reminds me of upholstery fabric.

The fact that the dress doesn't fit well, the bust is too tight, too tight in the armholes and the waist is too big, plus the pattern hits in an unflattering way, must make me think it is the dreaded n designer. Mathilda could make a paper sack look good, why she is always doing that with his brand is beyond me
Just look at the way the sleeves are set in, the seam is quite visible, vs the dress q Silvia is wear and how her sleeves are in at the shoulders and armholes

Are you thinking Natan? I suspect so too. I've never understood why the top part of his dresses or tops are always so tight and small looking. Just throws the proportion off and makes for a very unflattering look.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom