Queen Mathilde's Daytime Fashion Part 2: February 2014 - September 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There's nothing wrong with the outfit, it just looks rather dull, imo.

The whole look is elegantly feminine. I like the soft lavender colour of the ensemble. I do not mind the hat.

Last edited:
She looks like sh'es 10 years younger :) stunning!!!

She was IMO the best dressed at the event. I love the colour and her hairstyle. Agree that she looks younger than usual.

I so agree with you, ANNIE_S! Very feminine and ever so regal. One of her best looks ever!

Mathilde at the inauguration of the exhibition on the occasion of King Albert's 80th birthday in Brussels, today, June 7, wearing a new dress with a busy print:

** Full view ** Upper part 1 ** Upper part 2 **

It's busy, but I love the color.

The dress per se is alright.The print is busy indeed.

Hope we get a better look, but I like it. Nice color and seems to be a flattering fit.

She does love her prints. :) This particular one isn't my favorite, but she still looks pretty.

I'm afraid I don't like many of Mathilde's outfits. The last couple of patterned dresses remind me of dresses my mother wore in the 1970s, and I didn't like them then, either.

:previous:

Very lovely and elegant, here are two additional views on her outfit:

** Full view ** Upper part **

The very pale blue works with her fair coloring.

Much as I admire Maxima and more often than not love her outfits, I think Mathilde has nailed it for looking cool and stylish.

She looks like sh'es 10 years younger :) stunning!!!
I think we have a theme running here. Lovely, elegant, colour suits her, looking cool and stylish and last but by no means least, it makes her look years younger.

Well, far be it from me to disagree. She looked uttlerly magical and definitely very regal. In short, she nailed it. The epitome of a lady and of a beautiful Queen!

Mathilde at the inauguration of the exhibition on the occasion of King Albert's 80th birthday in Brussels, today, June 7, wearing a new dress with a busy print:

** Full view ** Upper part 1 ** Upper part 2 **
I like the colours and pattern of this dress and think Mathilde looks just perfect in it. I particularly like the way the pattern gets smaller at the waist and accentuates her figure.

Mathilde at the last training session of the Belgian national soccer team Red Devils before their departure to the World Cup in Brazil, on June 8, wearing a colourful summer blouse and pants in creme/white:

** Full view 1 ** Full view 2 ** Upper part 1 ** Upper part 2 **

I don't usually like striped blouses, but for some reason I like Mathilde's. The colours are fun and summery and she looks elegant.

I like the colors, but the top is way too short! (The horizontal stripes don't help the look either). Her hair and smile always looks pretty..

Truly a summery look. The blouse is probably too colorful for my taste, but the overall impression is good.

Her soccer outfit the top is nice but would have looked more flattering just a littlelonger IMO the Temperley .. a bit Osty for my liking cheap and busy !IMO

For a visit to the department of psychiatry for the elderly at the University Psychiatric Centre of the University Leuven yesterday, June 11, Mathilde recycled the nice Natan dress she had worn at the party at the park on the enthronement day last year:

** Full view ** Upper part ** Upper part 2 ** July 2013 **

So pretty! Need your sunglasses for that one.

Waaay to bright for me! The style is different, but it is pretty.

She looks smashing!! What a great summer outfit!

I love the colour, it is very summery but, can anyone tell me why Queen Mathilde tends to wear dresses with waists a little too high? Is she perhaps very long in the body? Either way is often makes really nice dresses look a little odd.

I love the colour, it is very summery but, can anyone tell me why Queen Mathilde tends to wear dresses with waists a little too high? Is she perhaps very long in the body? Either way is often makes really nice dresses look a little odd.

probably she feels to have large hips (after 4 kids no one would blame her) and that's the solution that every seamstress suggests to avoid it. I have the same problem (I'm slightly overweight) and I resolved using dressing with a higher waist

She has a so beautiful face but the cut of her hair and her style looks by her older than she is!!

Actually, I think it is the other way round - Mathilde is very long in the legs so the waists are probably about right for her upper body shape, but it looks as if they are higher. I noticed the other day that many taller people tend to be taller only on account of their legs being longer, rather than both their legs and body being longer.

The colours are fun and summery and the dress looks good on Mathilde, although it's not really my cup of tea.

Mathilde at the unveiling of a new plaque at the "Avenida Rainha Elizabeth" in Rio, Brazil today, June 21, wearing a dress with stripes:

** Full view ** Upper part **

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom