The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-27-2014, 03:08 PM
Serene Highness
Picture of the Month Representative - Belgium

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post

Queen Mathilde attended a seminar against cyber bullying organized by the University of Antwerp today, February 27, wearing a combination in orange-red:

** Full view ** Upper part ** Upper part 2 **
She always looks lovely in orange.

Old 02-28-2014, 02:13 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

What an elegant vibrant colored suit. She wears it well.

Old 02-28-2014, 02:31 AM
Heir Apparent

She looks fantastic. I really admire the royal wives who throw the shades of dreary monotony open and remind us the world is full of colour! And that goes double for doing it in winter which, for the most part, seems to bring forth annual variations on the drab and the dreary with lots of dull browns, olive, slate, grey, black . . . well you get the picture. And don't get me started on footwear . . .
Old 02-28-2014, 03:25 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephanievl View Post
She always looks lovely in orange.
I agree. I've always thought of orange as a loud colour, but Mathilde manages to pull it off. She looked very elegant and brightened up the group, who wear wearing mostly black. If she wore that outfit at a busy gathering, I guess you'd be able to spot her easily!
"She is a little angel and like her name, she brings sunshine even on cloudy days. From the bottom of our hearts, we would like to thank each and every one of you for your lovely best wishes for our daughter. She feels very loved". HRH Princess Madeleine, Duchess of Hälsingland and Gästrikland on her daughter, HRH Princess Leonore, Duchess of Gotland.
Join my new group!
Old 02-28-2014, 03:57 PM
Heir Apparent

That's the idea..to stand out in a crowd! And that she does, elegantly and smartly. I love this outfit on HM both in color and style.
Old 03-01-2014, 12:00 AM
Heir Apparent

The orange suit is very lovely.
Old 03-11-2014, 06:48 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

For a meeting today, March 11, Queen Mathilde has recycled the yellow blouse and the pencil skirt last worn on January 29 - I'm still not excited about the cut of the blouse:

** Full view ** Upper part ** Upper part 2 ** January 29, 2014 **
Old 03-11-2014, 08:51 PM
Aristocracy

I'm not too fond of this outfit at all - it looks like something poorly done from the 1970-1980s. Although I think I should like the color, it do not. I just don't care for it.
Old 03-11-2014, 09:24 PM
Heir Apparent

The ensemble is awkward. An oversize blouse is aggravated with a bow. The colour is so so.
Old 03-12-2014, 05:28 AM
Aristocracy

I don´t like it. The pencil skirt is Ok, but the yellow blouse looks weird. Something is wrong there, maybe the cut. And of course, I do not like the bow.
Old 03-12-2014, 01:25 PM
Heir Apparent

This is not a good look at all. The blouse is too big and the color is unflattering. I don't care for the skirt either.
Old 03-12-2014, 05:30 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Not a fan of this outfit. The colour combination is not to my taste, and there's something off about her skirt. I like her hairstyle, however.
"She is a little angel and like her name, she brings sunshine even on cloudy days. From the bottom of our hearts, we would like to thank each and every one of you for your lovely best wishes for our daughter. She feels very loved". HRH Princess Madeleine, Duchess of Hälsingland and Gästrikland on her daughter, HRH Princess Leonore, Duchess of Gotland.
Join my new group!
Old 03-12-2014, 10:45 PM
Heir Presumptive

I love the blouse but I don't think that's the right skirt for it.
Old 03-13-2014, 07:52 AM
Royal Highness

Oh dear, I actually think the bow should have been bigger and slightly to the side nearer the neck - it's a little floppy for my tastes. It's stange because I don't think it would look so bad in lack or cream. For a modern version of the 1970's look, the blouse could be teamed with a different skirt, perhaps a tighter fitting skirt in black.
I'm currently watching the re-runs of the third series of Wonder Woman and some of the outfits back in 1979 are really rather lovely - tops and blouses mainly - because the flared trousers date them so much.
Old 03-13-2014, 12:15 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Queen Mathilde very elegant in black and white in London today, March 13, the bag and shoes are a nice addition:

** Full view 1 ** Full view 2 ** Upper part **
Old 03-13-2014, 12:37 PM
Heir Presumptive

She looks great as usual.
Old 03-13-2014, 01:01 PM
Heir Apparent

I used to find Mathilde's style very hit/miss but since she has become Queen of the Belgians she has been batting close to a thousand.

That black/white outfit to meet QEII is simply perfection. I especially love the matching gloves. Mathilde (or her designers) seem to be taking her style inspiration from 60's icon Jacqueline Kennedy.
Old 03-13-2014, 01:17 PM
Courtier

Mathilde looks fabulous! Yes, very 1960s Jackie-type of look.
Old 03-13-2014, 01:34 PM
Nobility

It's amazing how an outfit so simple can look so regal, it's all Mathilde
Old 03-13-2014, 01:48 PM
Heir Apparent

One cannot hardly miss wearing black and white! It almost always looks smart and elegant and this is no exception. I love her simple little hat, as well.

Tags
fashion, queen mathilde, queen mathilde's daytime fashion, queen mathildes fashion, queen mathildes outfits, queen mathildes style