Queen Mathilde's Daytime Fashion Part 2: February 2014 - September 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mathilde looked great today. I love the colour of her suit and don't think it's boring at all. I'm not a huge fan of her hat/turban/bandage however, it's not my cup of tea.

Not a bad outfit but it's boring. It's lacking a nice brooch.

Amen! Her looks tend to be always incomplete due to the lack of a proper brooch. One certainly can't wear a necklace with that kind of collar...but a brooch would have been perfect

the hat...just no comment. She should stick to pillbox hats ... that's all I'm saying

The skirt is nice pretty color and material but the top is typical of that designer, doesn't fit. The arms are set in too tightly and the bust is not well fitted, almost a constant with him.

Having seen this hat before, it is still one very ugly hat. Someone go into her wardrobe and take scissors to that hat and destroy it......it is the ugliest
hat I have ever seen, next to PB's whatever at W/C's wedding. What are some of these people thinking being out in public looking this way.....grrrr!

Not a bad outfit but it's boring. It's lacking a nice brooch.
You are so right. That ensemble is quintessential Mathilde and is very elegant and stylish, I don't even mind the hat.

I think the reason I don't mind the hat is because it fits and compliments the colour of her hair and her complexion. Overall a very soft appeal.

But the whole effect would have been lightened with the addition of a beautiful brooch. From what I can see, her earrings are large pearls so a pearl brooch would not have been out of place.

I think the "hat" is simply ridiculous looking on a Queen. Period. Her dress is poorly fitted, as well. Other than that, Mathilde looks lovely with her sweet smile and innate elegance. I love her, but I so wish that she would change designers!

The skirt is nice pretty color and material but the top is typical of that designer, doesn't fit. The arms are set in too tightly and the bust is not well fitted, almost a constant with him.

I agree - I always squirm when I see her in Natan and the top is pulling across her chest and the set ins for the arms tug as well. When I feel that way in a piece - I know I need another size. It has to be how he shapes the arm holes and it looks uncomfortable.

A nice, elegant look for Queen Mathilde who brought three of her kids to their first day of school after the summer break today, September 1:

** Full view **

:previous: Mathilde does indeed look elegant. I love the colours and her outfit is also appropriate for dropping her children off to school. A minor nitpick I have with this outfit though is that I don't think the bag goes with the outfit as it looks a little out of place to me, but it is nice on its own.

:previous: Mathilde does indeed look elegant. I love the colours and her outfit is also appropriate for dropping her children off to school. A minor nitpick I have with this outfit though is that I don't think the bag goes with the outfit as it looks a little out of place to me, but it is nice on its own.

I completely agree with you. Everything looks great and appropriate for the occasion except for the color of the bag.

I also agree. I love her necklace! The red bag is a bit jarring with it's bright red color, but it is a beauty on it's own.

A nice, elegant look for Queen Mathilde who brought three of her kids to their first day of school after the summer break today, September 1:

** Full view **

It's a nice put together look but it somehow ages her.

I agree - I always squirm when I see her in Natan and the top is pulling across her chest and the set ins for the arms tug as well. When I feel that way in a piece - I know I need another size. It has to be how he shapes the arm holes and it looks uncomfortable.

I agree with you! That's my main complaint with Natan. So TIGHT on top and ends up making her look gigantic on the bottom...and she isn't.

Queen Mathilde got my best dressed consort vote at Maastricht!

Love the shoes and the color. At least the fluff thing is off the dress. Would like it better without the belt.

Her matchy matchy peau de soie shoes are so terrible.

A lovely cream or taupe shoe would have been perfect.

I like it much better without the jacket. The shoes are a big miss also, for me.

Queen Mathilde attended the event "Prayer for the peace" in Antwerp today, September 9, wearing her green Natan combination again:

** Full view ** Upper part ** September 2013 ** May 2013 Lausanne ** May 2013 Brussels **

The outfit reminds me of Jackie the Jackal character in Dirty Rotten Scoundrels when she returned on the yacht to Michael Caine's mansion with all the Greek-Americans looking for real estate deals.

Something tells me I will now hear the crickets after that comment.

I like it much better without the jacket. The shoes are a big miss also, for me.

Nice recycling! . . .I agree the dress looks much better without the jacket, but the shoes . . . can be retired :ohmy:

Its one of Natan's and Mathilde's better suits and I do like that it is in a nice color and not a boring grey or blue. I would've preferred if Mathilde matched nude shoes with this, I find that there is too much green going on.

Queen Mathilde visited the association Borgerstein in Sint-Katelijne-Waver today, September 10, recycling the great red dress she wore in Rio de Janeiro in June:

** Pic ** June 2014 **

Great neckline, would be better without the belt and skirt taken in a little

Queen Mathilde visited the association Borgerstein in Sint-Katelijne-Waver today, September 10, recycling the great red dress she wore in Rio de Janeiro in June:

** Pic ** June 2014 **

Love it, and I also love the picture - the young lady with DS gazing at her Queen.

Well, the fit on top is not good, and HM's bust needs better support. But the color of the dress looks really great on Mathilde in these waning days of summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom