Queen Mathilde's Daytime Fashion, Part 1: July 2013 - February 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That pink coat is beautiful! Don't like the grey shoes and hat though.

I quite like the coat, the fit and the colour on her. The hat looks weird, it looks like its stuck to the back of her head and will fall off any minute.

I know a lot of you will disagree with me but I am not liking Mathilde's style as much since she became queen. Mathilde was for me one of the better dressers but to me she is dressing older than her age now. Maybe because her skirt lengths have increased I am noticing it?

I presume she is trying to find the balance between outfits she could wear as a princess and the more formal, classic outfits worn by queens. But she can be elegant and classic without looking older. Hopefully she finds her stride soon and gets back to being one of the better dressed.

Even her hats have not been as good and she used to be someone who got it right most of the time.

I know a lot of you will disagree with me but I am not liking Mathilde's style as much since she became queen. Mathilde was for me one of the better dressers but to me she is dressing older than her age now. Maybe because her skirt lengths have increased I am noticing it? I presume she is trying to find the balance between outfits she could wear as a princess and the more formal, classic outfits worn by queens. But she can be elegant and classic without looking older. Hopefully she finds her stride soon and gets back to being one of the better dressed. Even her hats have not been as good and she used to be someone who got it right most of the time.

i totally agree, but it's gotta be hard to adjust to the new role.

I like the coat. It is a strong color, and that's why I like the neutral hat.
However, this hat seems to be in the wrong place. :ermm:

I like that she's trying out new looks and other designers.
And I thougt her yellow coat was fabulous. (didn't like the beige she combined it with, maybe navy blue would have been better)

Wooo! That's a lot of stripes and color. I agree, it's not a good look.

The combination of these colors is unflattering. The hats is cute but it is not the right color for her and not good enough for the engagement she is doing.

Too many stripes and too much color going on! It's almost hard on one's eyes. Not the most elegant look for a Queen...

Not bad if the under dress was a solid colour and the jacket left open. The way she is wearing is a bit too much but the colours are lovely and that hat is great.

Surprisingly i like this color combination, but all this stripes and color together
acts strangely. I can´t say that i like it.

Next friday our Royals will meet the brand new Dutch Royals.
I hope not 2 Natan dresses !

Queen Mathilde visited the company Le Perron in Liege on the occasion of its 50th anniversary today, November 7, recycling her white coat - I liked it better with a dress/skirt underneath than long pants.

** Full view ** October 15, 2013 **

This white coat is very nice and definitely worth recycling.

Mathilde's white coat she wore in Liege is alright, although I think it makes her look a little bit larger than she is. I like the trousers but I agree with iceflower and fandesacs2003 - it looks better with a skirt or dress, like she wore in October. Note that Mathilde has also added a belt in today's look.

I don't particularly like Mathilde's red, blue and grey dress she wore during hers and Philippe's visit to Brussels yesterday. The pattern is very busy IMO, and the red hat is nice, but a bit much as we're already getting lots of red on the dress.

A great look for Queen Mathilde during the visit to the Netherlands today, November 8. Great colour and cut, it's a Natan dress she also owns in blue and white.

I like that Mathilde and Maxima coordinated their colours!

** Full view ** Full view 2 ** Upper part ** Upper part 2 **

I agree, the hat looks strange, but the dress is lovely.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lovely dress and a great colour. I don't mind the hat with this dress as I think it works well but I'm not liking it in particular. I wish she wore nude heels instead of black as I find the black a bit too strong with the purple dress.

Absolutely stunning in fuchsia!!

Lovely dress and colour! I think she looks very young with this outfit.

That color is fantastic! That looks like a potato chip but the dress is divine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom