Queen Mathilde's Daytime Fashion, Part 1: July 2013 - February 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good grief... the outfit looked horrible on the model. I hope that Queen Mathilde doesn't choose too many styles from this designer if this is an example of her designs.

I think she could've pulled this outfit off perfectly if her coat was fitted or not as boxy and a different fabric. The colour combination is great and I like the hat.

Agree the oversized coat was just too much for Mathilde's frame. She can carry this strong yellow but there is just too much of it.

Oversize is ok; yellow is ok; it looks like angora which makes is seem like a large cardigan - not ok.

Yellow coat with black; navy or chocolate brown would have been good. Or even if she had worn a touch of red (Liege colours areyellow/red).

On second thoughts no - cockrel is their symbol and the big bird is too close :)

Google Image Result for http://www.crwflags.com/fotw/images/b/be-wal.gif

Last edited:
Looks like mohair to me, one of my favorite fabrics! But, I agree with previous posters, if it had been fitted and not falling off her, it could work. The yellow is a bit strong too.

I like the strong yellow on her, but not paired with the nude. The coat looks awful, I don't like this outfit at all.

I like the colour and style of the coat but not the material. I really don't like it with the nude especially the hat which I think is awful. I was going to say black would look better but then she would look like a giant bumblebee.

I really like the coat I hate the hat and am not sure the dress colour is best for the coat but I like thee coat on her.

I don't like the coat at all,the hat is ok but the entire outfit together doesn't work well.

Queen Mathilde at a performance of the play 'Heb jij ze wel alle vijf?' (Do you have all five?) at the Beursschouwburg in Brussels, today, October 14, 2013, wearing a simple, elegant dark suit:

** Full view ** Upper part ** Upper part 2 **

Queen Mathilde of Belgium flexes her fashion muscles in yellow coat | Mail Online

Who better to dress the Queen of Belgium than the Queen of Belgian chic, Veronique Branquinho?
Queen Mathilde of Belgium, who took the crown in July after her husband Prince Philippe became King, stepped out over the weekend to visit the city of Liege in her usual off-kilter elegance.
Wearing a bright yellow angora coat from Veronique Branquinho's fall 2013 collection, the 40-year-old turned heads in a matching skirt and camel accessories as she mingled with the public on Saturday.

Usually Queen Mathilde looks amazing in tailored monochrome outfits.

I love the dress and Mathilde looks elegant. The coat is OK, although IMO it's a bit on the large side.

The outfit is absolutely horrendous from head to toe! My goodness, What was she thinking?? I'm sorry, but I can't find any redeeming factors about it.

Mathilde's outfit is a little busy and I'm not a fan of the bottom half of the dress. Her shoes are nice though and her headpice is alright.

I can only think of one thing to say....

EEEEEEEEKKKKKKK!!!

WOW! is all I can say...and not in a good way either!:ohmy:

Oh No! The hat would be ok with a plain dress. The shoes are horrid. The dress, the cut and the ugly colors and print look like an old sofa cover.
Jewlery is nice.

Zoinks!!!!! Not a good look at all on her. She usually looks so elegant but this is just not flattering in the least.

What's happening with Mathilde?? She's getting frumpier by the day!!

Hmm, it's a complicated pattern in unusual colours and because it's a dress/skirt plus coat plus belt, I think it's too much all in one go.

Yuck! There's experimental/edgy and then there's just plain wrong. She looks like she was let loose with a pair of scissors in a curtain shop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom