Queen Mathilde's Daytime Fashion, Part 1: July 2013 - February 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
E. Vermeulen/NATAN said that his inspiration was the front of Queen Fabiola Balenciaga's wedding dress.

The new Queen looks spectacular. I love her outfit, sooo beautiful. And I really do not understand the Daily FAIL's comment that Mathilde's look would have "certainly won the approval of the Duchess of Cambridge." Are those hacks serious? Mathilde has been on the scene over a decade longer than Kate and she has always been a very elegant woman, and a Lady in the truest sense of the word.

But I am sure she will sleep better tonight, quite relieved that the DM feels she would get the Kate stamp of approval. :ermm:
Utterly ridiculous I agree. To me Mathilde had always been the epitome of sophistication. Refined, restrained, elegant, but utterly appropriate in every way. My only reservation is that perhaps she is a little unadventurous . . . but then, look at that lovely white dress with it's gorgeous neckline and amazing back view!
Daily Mail said:
It was a look that would certainly have won the approval of the Duchess of Cambridge.
I think the Daily Fail inadvertently switched the names and the feeling. "It was a look that must have made the Duchess of Cambridge green with envy!," would be more like it.

It is, after all, the only explanation that makes sense. :D

Today Mathilde received children from the children's TV channel Ketnet the Royal Palace in Brussels.
She was wearing a light summerdress that I think I've seen before: pictures

I think she looked very elegant on Sunday. I liked the headpiece more than the dress actually, but it was still a great outfit.

Except for the hat, and the placement of it, a very nice coat dress.

Since she is Queen her clothes are longer which is much better.
Fabienne Delvigne's hat flew away 3 times !

Queen Mathilde looking lovely at a mass on the occasion of the 20th anniversary of King Baudouin's death in Brussels today, July 31, 2013.

** Full view ** Upper part ** Upper part 2 ** Hat **

Overall, I think Queen Mathilde looked lovely at today's mass. The only thing I'm not too sure about is her hat, I think it would've looked nicer if she hadn't added the black band.

I don't really care for her Natan coat. What I mind is her hat, it looks odd stuck to the back of her head. She could've worn a brim hat and looked so much better.

Strange coat, I think, with its odd trim just around the front of the neck, and the hat looks like it's about to fall off the back of her head. Looks to me like she's recycling some '60s fashions.

Overall, I think Queen Mathilde looked lovely at today's mass. The only thing I'm not too sure about is her hat, I think it would've looked nicer if she hadn't added the black band.

Yes I'd agree there,the hat did look out of place,it nearly fell off a few times as per Maria Olivia who was present at the Mass.

Queen Mathilde was shown in a photo with a man helping her get
the hat back on her hat (this was outside) on one blog and then the picture disappeared!

:previous:The man is Vice-Admiral Pierre Warnauts, the head of the Royal Palace Protocol Department.
The ensemble was lovely. I wish Queen Mathilde wore a different hat.

Yes I'd agree there,the hat did look out of place,it nearly fell off a few times as per Maria Olivia who was present at the Mass.

It's too bad there wasn't a lady in waiting or some assistant who could help her reattach her hat. It must have been awful sitting there through the Te Deum trying to hold her head so her hat didn't fall off.

I didn't know it nearly fell off; that must've been a bit annoying for Mathilde! I'm also thinking the same as Shelo, it would've been good if there was a bodyguard/lady-in-waiting nearby. :)

There was no problem inside the Church but a lot of wind outside, that is the reason why!
That should not happen anymore.

I did not see 3 ladies - in- waiting for the 3 Queens !

Last edited:
I don't like the green outfit. Hate the shoes with it as well.

The dress itself is nice but I don't like the vest with it.

I don't like the dress and its matching shoes, but the coat and the soft color makes it look good on Queen Mathilde.

Not fond of the outfit but she could've looked good if she wore nude shoes. The green is a bit too much and too much of that shade isn't pretty on the eyes.

I loooove the Outfit, looking fresh and very regal, every Inch a Queen.
Bye Bine

September 2, 2013 - Mathilde in a stripped dress matched with a cardigan.

Bright summery colors but not fond of the stripes.

Full view

The print is absolutely awful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom