The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-26-2017, 12:33 AM
Majesty

I think she looks really well, happy and enjoying herself. I love the white suit and love the pink top under the suit jacket. I am not used to seeing Royals at serious engagements wearing trousers but that's what it looks like and she's rocking the 'look'.

Old 08-26-2017, 01:04 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
What I like most about Margrethe's fashions is that they are just so totally her. She's very adept at the use of color and uses it flatteringly. While scrolling through this thread, I absolutely love Librarian Daisy's signature which, to me, describes QM to a tee. 'I have always had a dread of becoming a passenger in life'. She is a woman that actively pursues life and everything to do with it.

Old 08-26-2017, 02:33 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by udyusa View Post
I so agree with you, M. Payton! The white suit is so fashionable for our Daisy to wear.
I don't think the brooch is a bee though. The wings are too long! :)
I took a second look at that pin and I wonder as I think yr right about it not being a *bee* but perhaps a *dragon fly* for they have a long wing span. Either way, it is a touch of whimsy that QM surely does very well.
Old 08-26-2017, 02:44 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
One thing for me is that always when checking out what Daisy is wearing, I look for her daisy brooch or daisy earrings. Those, I think, are the ones I like the most and are her trademark.

I do think you're right and its a dragonfly. I love dragonflies almost as much as I love daisies.
Old 08-26-2017, 07:41 AM
Aristocracy

I think you're right - I think it is a dragonfly. However, there is something at the back of my mind that there is a history to this brooch connected with Aarhus but I can't bring it to the front right now. Sign of my age unfortunately! Often her jewellery has some significance so I shall have to do some searching in my archives - mind you, I could have just imagined it, lol!It won't be today as I have a sermon to finish for tomorrow

I'm glad you like my QMII quote - I think it's one of the reasons I'm such a fan of hers. Another one I like is 'One would not die of my cooking but I'm not sure you'd survive my driving' which I think sums up her sense of humour very well.
Old 08-27-2017, 09:00 AM
Aristocracy

Well, I was obviously having a senior moment yesterday as the brooch I was thinking of was given to QMII for her 75th birthday by Aarhus. It was a modern design and had 8 jewels, 1 for each grandchild and looks nothing like this brooch .
It's still bugging me (pardon the pun) and it would be nice to have a close up of this insect brooch.
Old 08-27-2017, 05:56 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Haha, I was just going to ask about the brooch too. I thought it was a fly at first, but that wouldn't make a very attractive brooch IMO so I think it's more likely to be a bee.
Margrethe looks great though!

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 08-27-2017, 06:43 PM
Heir Apparent

I think we've come to the conclusion that her brooch is not a bee because it's wings are too short! LOL It's a Dragon Fly which has long, filmy wings and is lovely. Whatever.. she looks great wearing it! :)
Old 08-28-2017, 03:12 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

You're right Discussions can be confusing late at night with half open eyes, though!

Old 08-30-2017, 11:47 AM
Majesty

So lovely Queen Margrethe start the summer cruise today

http://kongehuset.dk/sites/default/f...?itok=fDgUsexk
http://kongehuset.dk/sites/default/f...?itok=QrdnhFW9
Old 08-30-2017, 02:03 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Margrethe's dress is very nice but her jacket is a bit odd and bulky.

Old 08-30-2017, 02:30 PM
Heir Apparent

I agree with you, HereditaryPrincess. While her dress is fresh and summery, her jacket is heavy and dark.
Old 08-30-2017, 03:24 PM
Courtier

Agree with both ladies above, the jacket is to big for her, the shoulders make her look huge so maybe it belongs to hubby....

Yet the dress, the shoes, the hat, the purse, the belt and everything is perfect, love dresses like this for they are easy to wear. And her smile says how delighted she is to be there...
Old 08-31-2017, 11:50 AM
Majesty

Queen Margrethe today visit Svaneke

http://kongehuset.dk/sites/default/f...?itok=Krioue4s
http://kongehuset.dk/sites/default/f...?itok=PsfDe-mx
Old 08-31-2017, 05:30 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Now this is a much better look for a dark jacket. Margrethe looks great.

Old 08-31-2017, 09:23 PM
Courtier

Yr so right, this jacket is much better on her and more shapely also. I am a plaid lover, love plaid shirts and keep looking for more so this skirt is really cute and the way she had a band of fabric on the hat to match shows that she really pays attention to details in all things that she does. I really love the red shoes(I try to buy all my shoes in red) and that purse is divine.

One very classy lady who happens to be a delightful queen who is much loved and admired.
Old 09-01-2017, 11:57 AM
Administrator

Queen Margrethe in red and blue on her final day in the regional Municipality of Bornholm today, September 1:

** Full view ** Upper part ** Upper part 2 **
Old 09-01-2017, 06:00 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

I love how Margrethe is wearing the Danish colours in her outfit - she looks like a giant Danish flag A great look.

Old 09-01-2017, 06:11 PM
Heir Apparent

Looking great! I love the red daisy on her red hat. She's a winner all around!
Old 09-02-2017, 10:30 AM
Administrator

Another nice recycled outfit for Queen Margrethe who attended the celebration of the 850th anniversary of Copenhagen today, September 2:

** Full view ** Upper part **

Tags
fashion, queen margerthe daytimewear, queen margerthe eveningwear, queen margerthe style, queen margrethe, queen margrethe fashion