Queen Margrethe II's Fashion and Style Part 1: April 2009 - May 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 1st 2011, Queen Margrethe during her New Year message

Photo

I think she's very radiant and as in the case of Mary red serves her well,.

Wow, She must be an strong person to hold all this jewellery and orders on her! it must be heavy to walk aorund with allthat and the tiara!

For all the passage of years, and smoke and unhealthy teeth, The Queen has maintained her youthful figure, good for her:)

For all the passage of years, and smoke and unhealthy teeth, The Queen has maintained her youthful figure, good for her:)
Is she smoking? :ohmy:

The dress is fine by me, she looks striking!

I love this gown, and yes she is still a smoker! Though she made a resolution to never smoke in public a few years ago.

This is a magnificient gown and she looks magnificient in it. Her carriage is simply regal! (Pardon the Pun)

She, as well as her sisters, inherited this trait from their mother, Her Majesty, Queen Ingrid.

Jan 1st 2011, Queen Margrethe during her New Year message

Photo

I think she's very radiant and as in the case of Mary red serves her well,.

HM looks radiant in the red suit - wonderful!

Beautiful queen, grande grande dame, very distinguished lady, ROYALE as always

She has a queenly presence about her that's for sure! She looked fab in the green dress posted on the previous page.

The lime green gown again, yey! That was the most appropriate dress for the occasion, HM looked just like a Christmas tree!!!!! :clap: :clap: The red suit was really nice - I liked the combination of red with yellow gold jewels.

:previous: :ROFLMAO:

I like the lime green gown, very Queen Margrethe and she looks quite grand in it.
As she has worn the dress quite a few times now - does someone know who's the designer by chance??

:previous: :ROFLMAO:

I like the lime green gown, very Queen Margrethe and she looks quite grand in it.
As she has worn the dress quite a few times now - does someone know who's the designer by chance??

That's Birgitte Thaulow.

She's designed several of QMII's dresses.

Oh, thanks a lot for the information, Muhler!! :flowers:

:previous: Queen Margrethe is the epitiomy of "Regal" and, unlike some other royals, never, ever makes the mistake of wearing an Evening dress to a "Gala" event. This is a case in point. Her green gown is stunning, dramatic and makes a very royal statement. The fact the the Emerald Parure was taken out for a very public airing didn't hurt either. But I have to admit I like her best in the glorious deep cyclamen colour such as the suit she wore for the Queens Message or the Gown from last year's New Years Reception; http://myroyal-myroyals.blogspot.com/2010/01/danish-royal-family.html

And then there is another fabulous green Gown flashing the emeralds and others in red, gold and blue. Not one of them is old, mumsy or likely to fade into the wallpapaer!

Check out no 31

Billed-Bladet - Dronning Margrethe: Flot og farverig - se billederne

Last edited:
Although I loved the green gown, its time to retire it- too much of a good thing is just too much, imo

I agree. I do not like the color, and she wears it too often!

I agree. I do not like the color, and she wears it too often!

QMII actually has always refused to wear green. But she was pursueded by a designer as I recollect Uffe Frank.:lol:

:previous:
Really? I never knew she didn't like to wear green. I wonder why...
I'm glad the designer talked her into it as I think it's a nice dress for QM.

I'm not keen on the shiny green colour, but she wears the gown well.

I wonder who her go-to designers are?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom