Queen Margrethe II's Fashion and Style Part 1: April 2009 - May 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can easily understand that..:)

Yesterday, October 12, Queen Margrethe attended a concert and dinner at Fredensborg
wearing a black skirt/dress and a colourful jacket. The white stockings are not a perfect
choice, but the rest is nice.

** Pic **

Perhaps it is my computer screen, but I wonder whether HM stockings are in fact a light shade of green to match her spectacular jacket. Does anyone know about the stunning necklace she is wearing? Wow indeed!:brows::fireworks:

Queen Margrethe wearing an extraordinary combination at an evening event hosted by a friend
a couple of days ago. The colours and print are nice, but the look reminds me a bit too much of
pyjamas and dressing gown..

** Full view **

Gosh, this outfit is rather extraordinary. I hope there's plenty of material left for one of Queen Margrethe's astonishing gala gowns. I do like the coat and I do like the trousers, but I am not sure what else she could have done with the top half. The coat is fastened quite high, so a belted top wouldn't work. Maybe if the top was longer?

** Full view **

According to Billed Bladet #43, 2011, this suit is by Celli Freifeldt and it's made from silk.

I love the colors, and the print, but I agree: too night-gownish!

She looks like she did'nt change this morning!

The outfit Queen Margarethe II is in are beautiful colors but this outfit in particular looks like she is wearing silk pjs with a silk robe. I donno but maybe they did interrupt her while she was sleeping?:/

Last edited:
So regal in this photo - I love the shade of the gown & the jewels are a wonderful choice as they don't overwhelm the total look. I hope we get other pictures from this sitting

Wow she looks every inch the queen! Beautiful gown.

Her gown at the New Year's reception:

[DNF] Fotoarchief Denieuwsfoto

I like the pink dress.It's very Margrethe.Only she could pull it off! I don't like fur but it's her trademark!

Last edited:
I like both the style gown and that deep pink color. She really looks very elegant and regal and I love how she wields that fur stole.

Last edited:
Her majesty wore her BEST color IMO, love that thick fur too!

Queen Margrethe at the 'Napoli' premiere by the Danish Royal Ballet at the Opera Garnier
in Paris, January 6, wearing a combination in black and blue with a red ribbon:

** Full view ** Upper part **

I dont like the rred bow, but the top and skirt are ok! wish she would dye her hair to what it was her colour and may be a new hair cut more modern, Mary hasall the help to look fantastic why the Q does not use the same help? i guess she is not interested?

I love QMII although she does need some help in the personal upkeep department. I can't imagine why she hasn't had her teeth capped or at least whitened. I think her receeding hairline and thinning hair is caused by a thyroid condition.

I think if it were an official order, it would have been worn diagonally across her chest with a jeweled royal order. Nevertheless, as a fashion accessory, I don't care for it either.

Last edited:
Her outfit would look fine if it weren't for the very Big red ribbon. It doesn't look like an order to me I think it's just a decoration.

I think she looks pretty except that the ribbon is I guess the problem in the outfit.

Queen Margrethe today, January 10, during the first events for her jubilee, wearing a nice combination
in a shade of blue. She has worn the blouse and jewellery during her New Year's speech as well.

** Full view ** Upper part ** New Year's speech **

I liked the colour and the style of the coat. It looks very well on her.

I love the soft blue and the bow on the blouse. Very flattering. I also like the coat, and how the dress shows below.

I'm not crazy about her hat, but love the long flowing lines of the coat and the way the blouse's bow protrudes over the coat's neckline. You can really see the texture of the coat in the second photo. The slate blue color is beautiful on her and that's a huge turquoise brooch! Lovely.

Last edited:
The colour, the cut, the jewellery, the hat and accessories, all quintessentially Queen Margrethe. Beautiful deep but soft and flattering coloured ensemble. An original hat to compliment it. Necklace and earrings (I don't remember seeing them before) but uniquely Margrethe's distinct and original style. Just gorgeous!

At least the bow wasn't as overpowering as it was in the other outfit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom