Queen Máxima's Eveningwear Part 5: June 2017 - October 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Beautiful blouse but awful pants.

Beautiful blouse but awful pants.

Yes, two pieces of clothing that shouldn’t be worn together but then she does seem to like to colour coordinate clothes, shoes and handbags and it doesn’t always work

It is - not much surprising ;) - a recycled Natan outfit Queen Máxima wore this evening:

** May 2017 **

Another clownesque outfit. Natan at its worst - which is his usual modus these days. I wish HM would get a stylist. She is representing our country, she could try and bother to at least look proper.

Last edited:
Culottes dont look good on anyone. Lets hope the red short ones dont make a come back either!

She confused colors... pinkish instead of purple.

Oh my goodness that is horrible and just plain ugly. At times I think she really does not see herself in a mirror. Just how could she be seen out in public like that and think it is okay.....

There really is something quite odd and incorrect about those culottes - the thick, heavy material Natan is known to use simply doesn't work with such a wide trouser-leg, such style requiring a light, floaty material - it's a strange outfit to say the least! As a dress/skirt it would have been quite nice.

Queen Máxima is of late one of the worst dressed royals ,her style or lack of it needs serious attention/help,this is another terrible choice.

The colour is pretty, her hair looks very nice, I don’t mind the top.. and then we get to the pants. I don’t know what’s happening with them. To start, the material looks like it should be used for curtains, not clothing.

Maxima, IMO, is the most naturally charismatic royal woman in that age group, and that combined with her height lets her get away with some ensembles that would have most other people laughed out of town. But everyone’s got their limit and even the nicest smile and enthusiasm can’t save her here.

That outfit is plain ugly, not even Maxima's vibrancy can save it. Maybe the top on its own is ok but these pants need to go forever.

I quite like Maxima's soft top but those pants are too wide, too stiff, too unflattering, too horrible to anyone! If it had been a skirt, then the overall style would have looked better but now its indeed clownesque outfit! Better stay away from Natan!

i sometime wish to know what some of those lovely royal ladies think by wearing some outfits:D
those Pants must be the most hideous i ever saw

I think she looks good. Hair is ok too. Not sure she needed the trousers though.

Another outfit that could better have been retired after wearing once. Sigh. At least it is in black, so that quiets the whole thing a bit.

Last edited:
it's better that her last silly wide pants outfit nothing special though i found the top abit long

Did I not get the memo about black being the 'in' color for spring 2018?

This outfit is one of the worst I've seen her wear, and even though I love her to bits, she wears some really bad clothing IMO

So tired of black and I post most about that on Mary's fashion thread (for good reason). But I am also sick of black. People on a budget, like me, need to work back to black. Royals - please give me some color. JMO.

I think this is fine for Max. It has a bit of unique styling/quirk but is not over the top "look at me, don't look away, look at meeeeeeeee."

Yesterday's outfit in black was another recycled Natan combination, first worn in May 2016:

** May 2016 **

The combination was first worn during the Spanish state visit of October 2001, also with this tiara. The dress is an adaption from another one that was worn in Stockholm in June 2001 for the 25th wedding anniversary of the king and queen of Sweden.

No. No. No.
Even those amazing gems can not save this outfit.

i always enjoy seeing royals recycle pieces from years past, and this is no exception. this time round, it also looks better fitted. maxima's arms look also super toned and are really emphasised with that top. it is a winner for me, even if the colours are a bit understated.

Have mixed feelings regarding the grey and pink together ,however her hairstyle and jewels are the real winners.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom