Queen Máxima's Eveningwear Part 5: June 2017 - October 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a feeling these pants photograph awkwardly because when the lighting is slightly more muted, less flashy, it looks better.

Another dress that makes me think of Muppets. Which... hmm?
I think of this, and I think part of the reason is the feathers and the other is the attitude. Plus, Pepe is hilarious and I enjoy being reminded of him. Enjoy in the light hearted way in which it is intended.

Minus the silly fuzzy sleeves its a very slick and polished look on Queen Máxima and her best hairday in a few weeks.

Love the hair, such a nice change from the dirty straight stringy hair before, this is quite becoming on her. Dress.....hummm better not say!:bang:

I love the sleeves but the dress itself the colour is not for me

Beautiful colors but I don't like the dress.

Did she go thrift shopping and get feather trim on sale or something. And add it to all of her dresses to get use :ohmy: Its a trend she needs to stop.

A terrible dress that is too much.

(..) Looks like a nice dress, but the lighting there in China (TL lamps) is horrible. Waiting for pictures showing it in natural light.

Last edited by a moderator:
too much going on the dress matching the orange and purple sound like very bad idea too and let's not talk about the prints.

:previous: I'd love this without any wrinkles, as on the model. But add the mess of the wrinkles and it's not pretty.

Also - did she get a layer cut into her hair in front? Because there is a hunk of hair hanging in her face in these photos. Rather than wisps of hair like we are used to. I give her points if she tried something new - because at least she tried something new with her hair. But if so, it is not working. :sad:

Minus the embellishments on the dress, and with better lighting, it would be very nice

I would never have thought that I'd quite like orange and purple together.

Last edited:
Honestly I don't see the red as a deliberate nod to the flag.

I love the colors of the dress, but it is way too busy.:sad:

Upppssss - although I would have said, ONLY Maxima can wear it - it is still too much and I don´t like it.
Bye Bine

On TV the embellishments moved with every step, it looked like metal pieces, glittering in the light. A spectacular dress with sort of oriental nod.

When I was young there were entire books of patterns that showed you how to sew sheet crepe paper to make all kinds of costumes. Today the techniques live on Pinterest where you can find out how to make ruffles of crepe paper. This dress is that. A craft project. No. Just no. :eek:

Nice diamonds, though!

Awful dress...ugly color
Reminded me of Big Bird from Sesame Street :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom