Queen Máxima's Eveningwear Part 5: June 2017 - October 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I love this look! It's original and fun to look at but still appropriately formal, especially with the jewels, (and because she's thankfully had her hair properly styled). The overall effect in the picture where she's walking with WA is gorgeous.

Maxima's got height and confidence on her side, which enables her to pull off clothing choices that would absolutely be too much on most other people.

Seriously, she is wearing a long Chicago Blackhawks Ice Hockey Jersey. I can't unsee it.

Of course, she has better ice. :lol:

Brilliant comment and yes she sure is.....and they want it back tonight.....:lol:

One of her best looks ever- so dramatic, so stately...and it’s not exactly a stripe, it’s color blocking with an ombré effect.

This dress would be great for Mette-Marit.

At the geginning I thought - oh my god - what the hell is THAT?
But the more I am looking at it, the more I like it.
Dramatic - and very Maxima.
Only she can wear something like this!
BYe Bine

I'm not a fan of Maxima's outfit at all, but even so it's very 'her' so she manages to get away with it - Maxima's one of the only royals who manages to pull off the "loud and proud" look well!

Very beautiful dress, just love it and in fact Mary wore it better then Max for she looked a bit disheveled to me. Pretty color and love the fabric and style, it looked quite comfortable to wear also.

Mary wore it in a posh place, Máxima wore it in a beach hut.

Its a lovely dress and nice soft colour but I don't understand why Máxima goes outside with hurricane hairstyles?

I love the colour of Maxima's dress but am not a fan of the style. It gives off an unironed appearance to me, as if she wore it in bed the night before (which probably isn't the case but I've never been a fan of such fabrics).

I think Im being picky but if you're the Queen going to one of your island provinces. Get a pedicure. Even if they just trim and put on clear polish. Sorry. I hate evening sandals on feet with no polish.

I liked Maxima's pale pink dress. Its very feminine dress that looks good on both fair and dark-haired woman. Sadly not only Maxima did have messy hair but her husband had so too; talk about being solidary to your wife.
That second choice -- that shapeless blouse and short trousers and shoes selection look...look...odd choice!

Last edited:
The pink valentino looks very nice on both Mary and Max. I don't mind it at the beach with sandals, from what I could see in the picture.
The black and white horror pants suit looks like a clown outfit. Oh No

The pink Valentinto look is lovely on both. Great choice. :flowers:

The black and white screams prison uniform. Not to mention she swims in it.:sad:

The pink Valentinto look is lovely on both. Great choice. :flowers:

The black and white screams prison uniform. Not to mention she swims in it.:sad:
You must have elegant prison uniforms in Alberta! With a view to the theme of the Dutch Royal Visit to the Caribbean i.e. viewing and assessing hurricane damage, the 'swimming' portion of your comments and the 'hurricane-hair' referred to above is indeed the intended effect of the Dutch Royal Couple's
quick visit to the Islands, that are part of the Dutch 'Commonwealth' if you will. Here, the Dutch King and Queen are at home and they have indeed visited here many times before. The informal styling the couple present is entirely appropriate and probably much appreciated (I haven't yet scanned newspaper feedback on this visit, quite frankly!:eek:) I think you and some other RF board members are being a trifle harsh on the Dutch Royal Couple.:bang:

You must have elegant prison uniforms in Alberta! With a view to the theme of the Dutch Royal Visit to the Caribbean i.e. viewing and assessing hurricane damage, the 'swimming' portion of your comments and the 'hurricane-hair' referred to above is indeed the intended effect of the Dutch Royal Couple's
quick visit to the Islands, that are part of the Dutch 'Commonwealth' if you will. Here, the Dutch King and Queen are at home and they have indeed visited here many times before. The informal styling the couple present is entirely appropriate and probably much appreciated (I haven't yet scanned newspaper feedback on this visit, quite frankly!:eek:) I think you and some other RF board members are being a trifle harsh on the Dutch Royal Couple.:bang:

This is a fashion thread. If you expect people to bowl over in praise of every outfit, you're in the wrong place.

Prison as in the old jailor costume of black and white stripes.

And it was intentional to look like she is wearing clothes 4 times larger then her own size? Really :ohmy: I am not sure how looking like she borrowed someone else's clothes was meant as a tribute to the island and a hurricane.

I guess oversize could be a theme? The hurricane was large so she was dressed in large clothes? I notice she didn't continue the oversize theme for the rest of the trip.

A pajama that looks like a prision uniform love the pink dress

Not a fan of Maxima's trousers either, which is a shame because the top part of her look is really nice.

Yes and for a queen that is very poor tailoring on her. Yet I love this jewels!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom