Queen Máxima's Eveningwear Part 4: April 2016 - June 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Beautiful!!! LOVE the sapphires! Max really knows how to bring out the 'big guns' to major events

We've seen this gown before on Queen Máxima,was in in Japan anyways the queen looked radiant tonight,great hair and wonderful jewels.

The gown is absolutely stunning. The design is exquisite. She was the he best dressed.

I love the embroidered dress but for some reason it doesn't work well in combination with the red sash and the big sapphire jewels. Too many things going on perhaps , though that is usually something that she can get away with. Anyway, always good to see the big jewels out & about, especially after last week's disappointment.

Last edited:
I'm with Marengo.
All the pieces are amazing but not together.

so glad to see her reusing that dress - it is marvelous.

Not a fan of the dress but her jewelry is lovely.

LaRae

Maxima always creates an impression!
She looks striking, especially compared to some of the other ladies.

Say what you like about her, Maxima never fades into the background!

Fabulous dress, so,great to see it again. The giant sapphire tiara and earrings seem to,overpower it though. Wish she had used her pink stones

I love the embroidered dress but for some reason, it doesn't work well in combination with the red sash and the big sapphire jewels. Too many things going on perhaps, though that is usually something that she can get away with. Anyway, always good to see the big jewels out & about, especially after last week's disappointment.
I'm with Marengo.
All the pieces are amazing but not together.
I'm glad I am not the only one disappointed by Maxima's ensemble. Marengo, you hit the nail on the head when you said all the pieces are amazing, and they are, but nothing seemed to mesh, not the gown not the sash, the whopping sapphire tiara and the lavender clutch.

I would go so far as to say that all these mismatched pieces together diminished each separate part. The gown seemed washed out, the tiara just clashed and looked smaller somehow. I don't think Max was feeling very special when she made her choices because for her, this is a big miss.

Love the sapphire tiara happy to see it again :)

The gown is beautiful and am happy she recycled :flowers:

But the red sash doesn't fit well with look. And while I love the tiara, I do find her a little heavy in jewels. But she us still in my top three of the night, behind Sophie and Victoria.

I do not like the color of Maxima's dress, its just too pale but I must admit that Maxima knows how to wear big tiaras. Wow. She definitely won't fade into backround even when wearing pale dress.

Last edited:
Its a nice dress and the colors work on Maxima, but the overall of the tiara and the sash, it didn't work, the dress didn't look grand enough.

Maxima looked very regal; she knows how to make an impression.

May 10, 2017 - Maxima in a recycled dress.

Not crazy about her dress, her styling of the outfit and the necklace looks great. I loved her hairstyle!

Full view

Love the necklace and top of the dress....not a fan of the brown at the bottom.

LaRae

I have loved all her outfits lately and I love the last gown I think it the jewel at the waist!!!!

Fabulous dress, amazingly beautiful jewels. The diamond trellis collier with the sapphires is so beautiful. Not to forget that imposing diamond-and-sapphire sévignée!

She looks beautiful once again. Her hair is gorgeously styled

Not crazy about her dress, her styling of the outfit and the necklace looks great. I loved her hairstyle!

Full view

This gown is very beautiful. She looks lovely.

The best dress of the evening... flattering and beautiful !

Beautiful dress :flowers: Top five both nights, third last. I'd say second tonight.

Its really great to see modified version of the Prinsjesdag 2016 Claes Iversen gown again (then she wore it with dark blue blouse).

Love, love, love everything about this look ... dress, hair, makeup.
Plus points for her amazing necklace, earrings and that huge brooch at her waist.
Very beautiful and regal look!

Last edited:
:previous: What she said!

I love the look far better than the night before where nothing seemed to go together. This time the blue and gold gown segued easily into the sapphire necklace, earrings and honking great big, but delicate, brooch.

Full view

I like the dress, definitely don't think it needs the buckle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom