Queen Máxima's Eveningwear Part 4: April 2016 - June 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely stunning and I love the way Max is using the ruby tiara as a necklace. When she hits a home run it's out-of-the-park (as we say here in America)!

maxima looks every inch the queen in that gorgeous red dress!

The Kings host an diner in honour of German President Gauck and his wife Daniela Schadt in Palace Noordeinde

Beautiful!!!!!
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C4AEzLpWYAAP3ZC.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C4AEzLpWMAAyhlJ.jpg
Absolutely stunning and I love the way Max is using the ruby tiara as a necklace. When she hits a home run it's out-of-the-park (as we say here in America)!
Maxima looks evey inch a Queen in this gorgeous red caftan and the use of the full version of the Ruby Parure Necklace and earrings is an inspired choice.

There was every chance the red of the gown would swamp the necklace but with something as awesome as those rubies, it merely increased the beauty and definition.

Can't go without noting how beautifully styled her hair is and that even though it is worn down, it is styled to highlight her ruby earrings.

I am absolutely in love with this whole look. :)

The gown is beautiful. The color is amazing and style great.

Love her earrings and seeing the necklace brought out. She never fails in jewelry.

I usually prefer her updos. Her loose heir often looks stringy. But it looks amazing here. The soft curls are lovely. I loved her curls at the wedding this weekend a lot, but this look is fantastic too.

The red dress is lovely. Love the color.

Máxima looked wonderful yesterday evening, according to the dailymail it's a "£3,600 Valentino kaftan".

A couple of jewellery posts have been moved to the correct thread, double posts have been deleted.

Last edited:
Lovely dress and colour on queen Máxima but would prefer an updo hairstyle or tied back a bit.

I really don't like the dress, the colour is nice but I read in net a porte $7000 , wow crazy! I do not care forthis dress, though the jewellery is stunning

I have seen different prize tags, also around 2000 Euro which is 5000 Euro lower than the prize in the post above. We will never know. She is Queen Máxima, Princess of the Netherlands, Princess of Orange-Nassau. She is uncomparable for anyone except her fellow royal colleagues in the reigning monarchies. We do not even know how she purchases things or which prizes are paid.

Her mother in law seldom bought labels but paid for royalties and licenses to have designs made for her by Maison Vreugdenhil in Amsterdam. Maybe that is even more expensive, as nothing was "from the rack" but because it had no label, any prize comparison was useless. That does not mean that Máxima's shopping at Natan is more expensive than Beatrix' handmade couture.

Anyway, I thought the simple dress without print, without frills but with a fabulous glittering heirloom from 1897 made a smashing impression. Mind you: it was "just" an audience to Bundespräsident Gauck and Frau Schadt, no State Banquet.

Last edited:
I agree. I love a good ladies' tux look. But shoes with this little leather at this time of year make my skin crawl.

Summer shoes (sice 43 ) in February ! Not nice at all.
I am sure Duc will not agree as usual !

The heels are lovely especially with that suit. I liked her hairstyle, simple yet bouncy.

To me all ladies' shoes look the same. Summer shoes in my vocabulaire are flip-flops, espadrilles, sandals. No idea if these shoes with high heels worn at an evening event qualify as "summer shoes" ;-) She looked waaaaaay better than at the arrival, a couple of hours earlier.

Queen Máxima looked lovely tonight,hope the black cape was warm enough!

Queen Máxima's Eveningwear Part 4: April 2016 -

Her hair is styled beautifully. I'm not a big fan of the dress though.

I love her suit last night. Really stylish. Accessories and hair were great :flowers:

Tonight's dress is not my favorite but she looks lovely. I love the cape. Again her hair looks great. She has rocked the loose curls in the past week.

Last edited:
The black suit is amazing. Its very elegant.

I will never understand why women wear peeptoe shoes in winter combined with a black tights. It looks horrible.

Love the pants and jacket but the dress I am not crazy about...

oh! this dress reminds me so much of letizia's nina ricci dress! i liked the statement of that dress and i like this one too - maxima's specially has the talent of being subdued, as it is mainly black whilst adding a bit of sparkle and interest in the different colouring you get from the sequins. i can imagine it must be really striking to see in person, as maxima would almost look as if she is 'gleaming' as she moves around. love!

i think she looks lovely in black her tights though isn't something i prefer to see on elegant ladies.

Wonderful dress, terrific styled hair, but the thick black tights worn with the peep.toed shoes,are such a no no. If you must wear colored tights, just a tinge, closer to sheer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom