Queen Máxima's Eveningwear Part 4: April 2016 - June 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The pictures do no justice. Wait for the video with Máxima walking through the marble galleries on her way to the table. Fabulous. The movement and the sweep of the train.

(..)

The dress by Jan Tamineau is simply stunning with the stola and DOES match perfect with the purple coloured sash indeed..Pics don't really do justice for the colours and glitter and the truly breathtaking sight the guests and our very dear own RF radiate....even without the Holland Diamond..:whistling:...By lack of any better,please do take my word for it.:)

Last edited by a moderator:
(..)

The dress by Jan Tamineau is simply stunning with the stola and DOES match perfect with the purple coloured sash indeed..Pics don't really do justice for the colours and glitter and the truly breathtaking sight the guests and our very dear own RF radiate....even without the Holland Diamond..:whistling:...By lack of any better,please do take my word for it.:)
Right you are. The dress is a true masterpiece. I think that Jan Tamineau can do no wrong. Queen Maxima looked regal.

Last edited by a moderator:
Truly beautiful. No one does this formal dress like Max!!!!

Oooh, I really like that one! I love the balance she strikes between tradition and modern fashion. It's good to see a royal embrace some edgier patterns like that goldwork. It looks a little like a backgammon board...but in a good way, to my eye.

While I do think it clashes duty the order, the gown is stunning. It may be too much on some, but Max can pull it off. And as always, rocking the jewels:flowers:

She looks amazing. The gown and jewels are beautiful

The green is beautiful and the accessories fantastic with it:flowers:

The green gown is stunning and regal.

beautiful colour and design for maxima and stunning jewels to go with it.

I love this gown.
If only it would cover up her feer. I really do not like open toe shoes on Maxima because of her big feet/long toes.

Hmm, to my eye this green dress doesn't seem to fit her quite as it should across the bust.

I don't know. The green Valentino dress doesn't speak to me at all. Not fond of the length of the dress nor it being strapless. The colour is lovely though!

I think both outfits were nice enough for more low-key / fun engagements but for a state visit from Belgium there are much more appropriate non-strapless dresses waiting to get recycled.

The purple sash of the order of Leopold would have looked magnificent with Máxima's Prinsjesdag 2015 outfit for example.

On the bright side: the Harlequin-dress will probably be retired for a few years now, which is a relief. Though I do think it could look nicer with a different stole or even a long evening coat.

Last edited:

Queen Máxima looking great in a recycled orange-red dress by Claes Iversen on the first day in New Zealand today, November 7:

** Full view ** Upper part ** Upper part ** Close up ** March 2015 **
showgirl style

awful look
very low neckline in late autumn :whistling:
open toe shoes in late autumn :bang:
tights with open toe shoes :bang::bang:
green and brown wraps together :eek:

Last edited:
Maxima has majority let down us on this state visit evening style - 2 recycled dresses and neither particularly special or worthy of a reuse on this occasion

The winner of this fashion and Jewels face off is Queen Mathilde.
For her first State Visit in her Country HM of the Queen of the Netherlands could have wear more appropriate Evening dresses and certainly when she wears the Sash of the Highest Order of the Invited Country .

I think Max knows how and when to turn it out I think she chose to let her guest shine more so than herself. I think they are also great friends.

Lovely color, great hair, jewels and bag are just the right finishing touches (and I always like seeing the royal ladies in red!):flowers:

That's a great look for her and a very flattering colour indeed :)

The jewels are wonderful too.

Max looks splendid! I like Daniela Schadt but her wrinkly clothes (same with the coat she wore in Spain) are horrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom