Queen Máxima's Eveningwear Part 3: March 2015 - April 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I adore Q Maxima, love her flamboyant personality and how she translates that into her clothing style, and I love this pant suit for that reason. I think it's amazing she pulls it off, I can't think of many people who could (Nicole Kidman comes to mind).

My only gripe is the omega necklace, it's screams 1980s costume jewelry to me, it really looks cheap. I had the same feeling with P Sofia's earrings the other day, maybe it's just me. Love her fan shaped earrings though!

The necklace is not new and as the Queen is a true globetrotter, her rock hard euros on her mega platinum Orange-Nassau credit card will give her an enormous purchase power in Buenos Aires, Mumbai or Bucharest, God knows where she buys her accessoires.. I think it is real gold or guilded bijoux which is fancy enough for her to have an outing so now and then...

Last edited:
Oh, I'm sure it's real, it's just kind of plain, but that's what the outfit called for and anything else would have been too much.

I guess retro is 'in' this year or else I'm just noticing it for some reason, since I was definitely a victim of the 80s I may be a little over-sensitive.

OH to be a fly on the wall at one of HM's bijoux shopping excursions!

Oh, I'm sure it's real, it's just kind of plain, but that's what the outfit called for and anything else would have been too much.

I guess retro is 'in' this year or else I'm just noticing it for some reason, since I was definitely a victim of the 80s I may be a little over-sensitive.

OH to be a fly on the wall at one of HM's bijoux shopping excursions!

:lol::whistling:I would love to go shopping with heer and of course with her credit card also!:lol:

According to a poster on the Royal Jewels Message Board, the golden bijoux worn by Máxima were from Joël Arthur Rosenthal (JAR), Place Vendôme 7, Paris... Definitely no plastic...

:whistling:

I like the jumpsuit it's fashionable, trendy, I like the colours combination too but I guess with dark blue belt would looks more elegant.

I actually really like the jumpsuit on her the colours are gorgeous and the choker really suits the retro look.

According to a poster on the Royal Jewels Message Board, the golden bijoux worn by Máxima were from Joël Arthur Rosenthal (JAR), Place Vendôme 7, Paris... Definitely no plastic...

:whistling:

The only plastic on Maxima is in her wallet, and plenty of it I'll wager. :D

Hey, maybe her platinum card is really platinum!

She possibly even has no card: "Send the invoice to the palace, please" or "This lady here will take care of that business" (pointing to one of her staff...)

:lol:

She possibly even has no card: "Send the invoice to the palace, please" or "This lady here will take care of that business" (pointing to one of her staff...)

:lol:

wow, I would like to do that!:lol::whistling::ROFLMAO:

Don't like that dress either,disappointing choice by queen Maxima tonight.

Love the 'print', but not the cut...

i like the print however i think that Queen Maxima can do better i agree it's a disappointing choice.
hair and make up are perfect though.

Beautiful print but not the right fit. I love her hairstyle and earrings though.

I love Maxima's great smile and general exuberance! Her hair and jewels and smile are lovely. But, if the dress doesn't fit well and the fabric is a bit odd, then it must be Natan! Why does anyone wear clothes from a "designer" who does not know the basics of proper fit?

Surprisingly I like the dress and even though it does not fit properly I like it
of course hair and jewelry nice too! wonder the designer????

Who else but Natan designs a dress that doesn't fit well, looks cheap. I also think her makeup is a bit too dramatic even for our Max...

I'm in the minority but I am really a fan of this look. Max looks absolutely stunning, incl the dress.

I thought Maxima looked really nice. At first I was not sure about the dress but after seeing a few different views, she looks great. I really liked her hair opened, it was styled well.

She looked absolutely radiantly. I love her makeup and her hairdo. I'm usually not a fan of dress with such pompous design but she pulled that off.

this appearance of maxima just doesn't work for me. the hair is disastrous, and so is the dress. the top part fits great, but the pattern in the skirt is... plain ugly.
being in the city known for couture and great fashion, i was expecting more of maxima.
besides, the petit palais is one of my favourite places in paris, so it would have been perfect to see maxima in a ravishing dress like any of these:

this beautiful dress she wore for prinsjesdag 2015

this grecian inspired gown

this blue cobalt dress

this clean pearly white dress

this pretty valentino she wore on a number of times

this glittery and elegant white and silver dress

this show stopping green gown

she has such a great collection to choose from...

It is weird: the royal couple made a visit to the city which invented style and glamour.... The Dutch tried their best. The dresses, the jewels, the choice of the magnificent Petit Palais, the footmen with torchlights, the flower arrangements inside. It is the total image, not only the dresses of the Queen as a separate item.

Given the remarkably low-key attitude the French showed (also towards the visiting royals from Spain, Belgium and Sweden), the Dutch couple at least tried to bring some glamour to Paris, how strange this might sound...

Queen Máxima looked abfab in the video. The harsh flashlight in the dark Paris evening did no justice to her hairdo and make-up as I saw it on television.

Last edited:
I must say that the still images of Queen Maxima's dress and hairstyle do not do it all justice - the video posted on the other thread show the dress and over all look much better.

Yikes! I don't like hair or the dress. It's too much. The pattern is an eyesore and the bright colors in the pattern bring attention to that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom