Queen Máxima's Eveningwear Part 3: March 2015 - April 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Love her in red!! But I have to agree that it was much smarter on Charlene.

The colour of the jumpsuit is amazing, and Maxima suits it a lot. I'm not usually a fan of jumpsuits, but I love this one and it's very 'Maxima'. The only thing I didn't like about this look was the shoes, because I think they're a bit much with the red jumpsuit.

I once read that Maxima and Charlene are friends (apparently Maxima called Charlene occasionally when she first became a princess to give her advice) so I wonder if Charlene told Maxima about the jumpsuit or if it's just a coincidence they both wore it. :)

Máxima in a new Natan dress with butterflies at the festivities marking the final celebrations of 200 years Kingdom of the Netherlands in Amsterdam today, September 26:

** Full view ** Upper part ** Side view **

It is not really evening wear, she wore it in the afternoon which advanced into the evening.

.Máxima in a new Natan dress with butterflies at the festivities marking the final celebrations of 200 years Kingdom of the Netherlands in Amsterdam today, September 26:
** Full view ** Upper part ** Side view **

No comment on the ensemble in general, except how much I like this particular color. :flowers: It's very unusual, one doesn't see it much. Like it lots, and the fact that the hubby made an effort to match it. Not easy.

Very nice color and Maxima's hair looks lovely. The dress is well fitted but I HATE the black tights with it.

I like the color too but that black butterflies do not add anything. Beautiful hair could possibly be better. Generally not impressed from the appearance of the Queen today.

It's a beautiful dress and that color is really lovely, but the tights just ruin it for me. The butterflies remind me of a treasure map..."X" marks spot, here, here, and here!

I love the dress and pattern .... Just wish it was slightly longer .... Just over the knees

I only love the color. In general, I think it's an awful dress.

I think it is the tights I like her longer hair and the colour is really nice on her but who am I kidding this is Natan .... it is really awful!!!!IMO

Whilst the queens hair is lovely I don't like the rest of her busy outfit and the black tights ruin the entire look.

I love the color and concept of the dress. Are the butterflies black plastic cutouts? I'm assuming that's why they were left off the back of the dress. That ruined it for me. Uncomfortable/unwearable forcing a design decision screams gimmick to me. Now had they been painted, appliqued or embroidered on - perfection!

I also, personally, don't wear thick matte tights with light satin or silk colored cocktail dresses. Sheer black is fine, but opaque matte - no.

(..)

In the minority here, but I love this dress!

You're not alone - I adore this dress too. The colour is great on Maxima and I love her hair. I like the butterflies too, they're a cute addition.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like the dress but not the back tights!

I like the dress but not the back tights!

It was cold, cold, cold. The royals were seated on a platform above the Amstel river. The sun was already down. Brrrr.... These tights were absolutely needed.

:flowers:

I am not a fan of this dress. Like the color but dislike the heavy tights! Love her hair.

The fact that K.W-A color-coordinated his tie with his wife's outfit was fun though :)

But I agree that the black (both in the butterflies (which to me looked like bows, I thought it was a Mabel-dress at first glance ;) ) and in the tights) was too harsh...

Even is she needed tights because of the cold; they didn't have to be black...

Personally I don't like the opaque tights with this dress but I am no fashionista. Thermals, seriously I only live in London but when it gets cold, I get the thermals out. They are super thin nowadays but I have never seen thermal thights in any colour other than black over here.

Last edited:

Posts and comments discussing weight issues have been removed, please discuss fashion choices only, thank you!

Im in agreement with those who say. I like thr dress. Great color. Hate black tights. Maybe because I live in Florida but you would never wearblack tights with a nice dress. Nude hose or sheer black hose maybe...but we like bare tan legs here!! Hahaha

If it was so very cold that black tights were needed, why no coat or at least some type of cape that Maxima loves. Doesn't make any sense to have wore these for comfort sake and leave arms bare. I just thinks she likes the look as does M-M all the time

not a bad dress i can only complain about the fabric.
butterflies prints are lovely

I like it, toooooo!
:flowers:
BYe Bine

So did I!HM looked smashing...and,tights or not,HM gets away with only a patato-bag if she carries her usual charm and laugh with it.No,she was great!If you come face to face with her you easily forget about tights,butterflies and she overwhelmes with ease....anyone....She rocks!.. :flowers:

Its a typical Maxima/Nathan dress. I will only say, at least its butterflies and not spiders.

G
If it was so very cold that black tights were needed, why no coat or at least some type of cape that Maxima loves. Doesn't make any sense to have wore these for comfort sake and leave arms bare. I just thinks she likes the look as does M-M all the time

All royal ladies were provided black duvets and even then it was visible -Princess Beatrix especially- they were shivering. The King remained unaffected, with his thin shirt and just a colbert. So in essence all guests could wrap themselves if desired.

Judging by the appalling seaming, I'm assuming this is from Natan ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom