Queen Máxima's Eveningwear Part 3: March 2015 - April 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
carnival or funeral? tough decision! Perhaps, Margrethe's birthday :bang:

Last edited by a moderator:
Love the jewels but dont like the dress at all.

top looks like a peasant-style blouse and the bottom is a cross between a feather duster and a toilet brush.

W-A looked great - best accessory on the night!

It doesn't look any different to me in motion. It still droops on her shoulder and her lipstick is waaay too bright. Love the colors...

Her hair and make up are lovely tonight.
The dress however should never be seen again!

Here's the mentioned dress Máxima is wearing at Queen Margrethe's birthday dinner this evening, April 15.

** Full view **

I don't have words.

To me , it's creepy. Like Cepe said, cross between feather duster and toilet brush. Gives me the willies to look at it.

I like it it looks like fun! It fits her well and is festive.

Weellll it's different!!

It is different for sure.
Perhaps I would like it better if it was a short dress and there was less of the bottom part. And if it was a different occasion.

For an official birthday dinner the colour and style was a ghastly choice IMO.

I like the dress. It is interesting design. Csn someone identify the designer?
The sandal is nice, but a discrete nude at the toes nails would help.

Spiders and emus and elephants! Oh my! :lol:

It is very Max. With all that, I would have worn a closed toe pump. Just saying.

Only she could wear this and not end up looking like Morticia Addams-QM is her own style maven and this is a good example of that.

this an intersting dress for sur,i cant decide how is appropriate but in general Queen Maxima looks great i very much like the hair and th band.

I like the skirt , not the top! but overall she looks great

I like the dress. It is interesting design. Csn someone identify the designer?
The sandal is nice, but a discrete nude at the toes nails would help.

On some Dutch fashion blogs the general opinion is that it must be Benito Fernández or Valentino. There is still no clarity about that and especially these blogs make a hobby of investigating all possible collections to see similarities.

Picture: http://www.hola.com/imagenes/realez...-generacion-reyes/0-316-454/soberanos2--a.jpg

:flowers:

Nice Sandal but without stockings or even as said before without descrete nude.

The Order of the Elefant , the only Queen who wore it , had to be worn on the Queen's right side and not on her right leg.

Absolutely!!!I also think the pics don't do justice to the otherwise gorgious dress!

Absolutely. Another throwback to style. Every fashion of 20s through 80 now brilliantly copied. Love it.

I don't like the neckline of the dress Maxima wore to the King's Day concert, it seems a bit odd. That's my only complaint though, and I like everything else. At first I didn't like the black with the blue, but now I think they go nicely together, and that shade of blue is particularly lovely.

I normally don't use this word, but I have to say that the dress Maxima wore to Queen Margrethe's birthday celebrations is awful. I agree with AdmirerUS in that it looks a bit like emu feathers. I'm not a fan of the top half either... the whole outfit feels a bit busy and mismatched. The tiara on the other hand is lovely, simple and elegant.

[...] The Order of the Elefant , the only Queen who wore it , had to be worn on the Queen's right side and not on her right leg.

The cordon can be worn off the hip / on the leg, out of respect (to show the complete Order with attached decoration). When tucked to the side the elephant, cross, star, whatever is not visible and a lady can also sit on it. It is optional to wear it this way and various royal ladies prefer to wear it "off side" indeed.

Examples:

Crown Princess Mette-Marit with her Orange-Nassau "off side"

Queen Margrethe with her Elephant "off side"

Princess Marie with her Elephant "off side"

Princess Madeleine with her Seraphim "off side"

Princess Mette-Marit with her St Olav "off side"

Doña Letizia with her Carlos III "off side"

Queen Máxima with her Elephant "off side"

Queen Máxima with her Polar Star "off side"

:flowers:

I just saw Blauw Bloed (Blue Blood), the weekly royalty program of the Dutch TV on my big crystalclear HD screen. The dress is actually surprisingly glittery, the pictures -especially the blurry videostills and twitterpictures- do no justice to the dress. The pictures we see were also made in the magnificent hallway but all lined up with dozens of photographers bombarding the ladies with flashlights. The images from the banquet itself, in dimmed light, revealed a whole different image. Very sparkly, all ladies looked wonderful.

The black dress is from VALENTINO. One of my friend had the confirmation from VALENTINO.

Absolutely. Another throwback to style. Every fashion of 20s through 80 now brilliantly copied. Love it.

A dress based on a "tango-dress"...Fitting for a Lady like Máxima indeed!

Based on pictures I would never have guessed that this was a Valentino. Based on what I saw on television, yes. The dress is surprisingly lively and glittery, than one would guess on base of pictures only. Now I understand the relatively "understated" jewelry (in carat power, with diadem, sévigné and bracelet Máxima will have been in the top of best jewelled ladies) but the overall look was "calm".

The Order of the Elefant , the only Queen who wore it , had to be worn on the Queen's right side and not on her right leg.

I'm confused. I'm pretty sure QMII and Silvia both wore theirs.

I like the skirt but not the top part too loose!

Love her hair and makeup, color is also nice and suits her

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Beautiful color but I don't like the style.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom