Queen Máxima's Eveningwear Part 2: April 2014 - March 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dazzling

Former Moderator
City
-
Country
France
Welcome to
Queen Máxima's Eveningwear Part 2
The previous can be found here

Here are some important
TRF Community Rules
  • In order to legally post copyrighted material, you must obtain written permission from the copyright owner.
  • No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
  • It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
  • Hotlinking of content from other websites is not permitted.
  • We expect our members to treat each other with respect.
  • Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
  • Empty posts, that is posts that do not add or contribute to the discussion, will be deleted without notice.
If you have any questions, please contact a member of the moderating team.

Happy posting!:flowers:

Royal House of Fashion Moderators

Love the tangerine one shoulder gown. Max always looks beautiful in it...and the jewels? Delish!!!!

Was just looking in the archives as to how she wore it at the 40th birthday celebrations. It's a great dress both formally and informally. I have to say though, I like it better formally, with all the bling.
That dressmaker has made her some good dresses. She could wear what she wore to the inauguration again, and it would not hurt my feelings any!
I wonder how she would dress them up again though. But Max is full of surprises.

the hair looks abit mesy but the rest is great from what i can see nothing WOW but fit well Queen Maxima.

Pretty wrap and earrings. Perfect with the plain dress. Your right windy hair style, isnt my favorite but it probably smoothed out inside.

the hair looks abit mesy but the rest is great from what i can see nothing WOW but fit well Queen Maxima.

I agree on the hair, although I'm not sure what the weather's like in the Netherlands at the moment, but it could be due to wind. I think this is most likely as her hair looks like it's blowing in different directions. Having said that, Maxima looks great! I love her smile - I can imagine that she's one of those people who make others smile when she does.

It has been very windy these last days, yesterday even more than today. But it was predicted and beatrix hair didnt seem to suffer from it at the same event ;). The black dress is nice enough, nice to see the earrings again and indeed.

As an aside: i just read an interview of mr. Vermeulen (natan). He says that he always tells maxima and mathilde (and other royals) that they bought simular outfits but they do not mind. He says that for events that they attend together there usually is some sort of communication to make sure they do not wear the same. Maxima goes to his shop in Brussels twice per year to select a wardrobe.

Last edited:
It has been very windy these last days, yesterday even more than today. But it was predicted and beatrix hair didnt seem to suffer from it at the same event ;). The black dress is nice enough, nice to see the earrings again and indeed.

As an aside: i just read an interview of mr. Vermeulen (natan). He says that he always tells maxima and mathilde (and other royals) that they bought simular outfits but they do not mind. He says that for events that they attend together there usually is some sort of communication to make sure they do not wear the same. Maxima goes to his shop in Brussels twice per year to select a wardrobe.

Beatrix has what is known in the UK as "helmet hair", that is a lot of hairspray used to hold it firmly in place. Many women of her generation do this, as they also did it when they were young.

This is not an insult, just English humour!

intersting:)
i like the skirt very lovely the hair on other hand is a mess.

:previous: I agree on the hair, although I think this is also a case of the weather. In the first photo, Maxima's hair is the most messiest, and note that she is in front of an open door, whereas in the other photos, Maxima's hair is OK and she's inside. That aside, the colours are a little plain for my taste and I'm not a fan of the skirt. However Maxima does have a lovely smile.

I like the skirt but the blouse with it makes her look a little sloppy and hippy.

She looks OK but that's it. I think wearing the blouse "inside" the skirt would have made it look more polished.

It's a touching gesture but indeed, it could have done with a few centimeters removed

Máxima is wearing an old dress of her mother-in-law for a concert. It is too short now. Maybe they should have removed a few centimeters and make it a cocktail dress, which is more fitting for the occassion

True, especially with these heels Beatrix hasn't even dreamt of in the 1980s ;)

But the colour is great on Máxima and I love the special recycling idea.

** Full view ** Upper part **

Last edited:
Last edited by a moderator:
its very nice gesture from Maxima.
the dress looks great on her nice color and nice hair.

I think she looks beautiful....great color.

Máxima is wearing an old dress of her mother-in-law for a concert. It is too short now. Maybe they should have removed a few centimeters and make it a cocktail dress, which is more fitting for the occassion.

Bevrijdingsdag 2014 | ModekoninginMaxima.nl

Thank you for posting the picture of Beatrice in the dress as well as Maxima. The color is beautiful on her, but the length is off.

The length is off and the sleeves are wayyyy short. But how cool is this vintage look?

It's a very beautiful dress and Maxima looks great in it. The lenght is a bit off, a few centimetres could have been cut and make it a midi dress. Or this lenght could work with some beautiful flats but not with these shoes, which are horrible btw.
Her hair is fantastic.

Different shoes and it would have been perfect, I like the sleeves the way they are. What a great dress! her hair never looked better.

Don't like the dress at all. The top reminds me of a peacock, and I don't like the bottom grass skirt/feathers thing.
I don't like the color either- too much like a frog.

I'm on the fence about the dress since it can be classified as vintage and it's a fairly nice look, but those shoes are just awful. If she wore a lower heel, the hem would have looked better. Or for a different look, the hemline could have been shortened as well as those sleeves.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom