Queen Máxima's Eveningwear Part 2: April 2014 - March 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I also love Maxima's dress, she looks wonderful. The patterns at the top and bottom of the dress makes the dress look a little like a sari, as they have quite an Indian feel.

From what I remember, the embroidery design on his gown was inspired by the patterns found on Dutch Delftware. Nonetheless, it would indeed be a perfect gown to wear if one was visiting India.

Like Marengo says, maybe it should have been a once-in-a-lifetime dress, so we are lucky to see it perhaps just one more time.

Great choice: For the dinner on day 1 of the state visit to Denmark today Mach 17, Queen Máxima recycled her wonderful bue coronation dress by Jan Taminiau.

** Full view ** Full view 2 ** Close up ** 2013 **

What an amazing surprise! I assumed she would never wear this dress again. This outfit was one of the most breathtaking dresses I have seen. I'm glad to see the dress without the cape, and it's as exquisite as I thought it would be. Stunning color and design. This dress is incredibly regal and unforgettable.

Last edited:
Queen Maxima looked truly regal. This particular gown is the most spectacular one in the her wardrobe.

Last edited:
Holy moly what a wonderful surprise! Love it w/o cape and love the hair! That is the best chignon I've ever seen. The jewels, just thank you!

Maxima's gown is nice but I am not crazy over it, the back looks pretty but again nothing special. I dont like the sleeves as they remind me of figure skater sleeves. Her overall was very nice and I just love that tiara. I wonder why she wore this gown, I thought we would not see it again as it was worn to a very special event. It should've stayed in a museum or somewhere.

Nice surprise to see that dress again. Didn't expect it to be off the shoulder. She does the regal dressing up so good!

Her hair is so pretty. Brava to whoever did it. Iwonder if she used someone there?

Her hair is so pretty. Brava to whoever did it. Iwonder if she used someone there?

Queen Beatrix used to employ a dresser and a beautician/coiffeuse in her Household. I don't know if Queen Máxima has taken over the services of these functionaries as well...

Seen the overwhelming amount of clothes (the three-day State Visit is followed by a two-day Offcial Visit in Germany...) we may assume there is at least a dresser travelling with the Queen.

:flowers:

Elles Nijkamp did HM's hair at the inauguration. She supposedly works for the queen still & the hair last night resembled the hairstyle at the inauguration. Though this time the tiara seemed more stable. In the past hairdressers Hildo Groen and Ilham Mestour worked for Maxima; maybe they still do. Nijkamp used to do the hair of Pss Aimee, so maybe that is how she was suggested to Maxima.

According to Marc van der Linden, the Queen has a chamber maid/dresser (kamenier) named Jolanda (no last name given as the lady is discreet would not appreciate it).

Last edited:
Although it is a marvelous dress, I think that like her wedding gown it should ahve been worn only once as it is such a special dress for such a special occassion. Still, it is nice that we were able to see the dress without the cape.
That was also my thougth and i was surprised when i saw her wearing it yesterday evening.

Elles Nijkamp did HM's hair at the inauguration. She supposedly works for the queen still & the hair last night resembled the hairstyle at the inauguration. Though this time the tiara seemed more stable. In the past hairdressers Hildo Groen and Ilham Mestour worked for Maxima; maybe they still do. Nijkamp used to do the hair of Pss Aimee, so maybe that is how she was suggested to Maxima.

According to Marc van der Linden, the Queen has a chamber maid/dresser (kamenier) named Jolanda (no last name given).

A kamenier, a nice oldfashioned Dutch word. In English the translation is Lady's maid. In Denmark it is kammarjungfru, what a nice word too.

Think about Downton Abbey:
Anna Bates who was Lady's maid for Lady Mary Crawley
Miss O'Brien who was Lady's maid for the Countess of Grantham

I thought Max looked absolutely exquisite. I appreciate the point about whether the dress ought to have been reused, but on this occasion, I am glad to see it, and do hope, she continues to use it in the future.

I thought Max looked absolutely exquisite. I appreciate the point about whether the dress ought to have been reused, but on this occasion, I am glad to see it, and do hope, she continues to use it in the future.

Two Queens, vis-à-vis, and both looking spectacular (XL format, click on the picture itself to expand).

I very much prefer the dress this way than with the cape-thing (although I understand the cape made it more 'unique' for the coronation event.

Maxima looks exquisite, every inch a queen. The gorgeous tiara is a perfect match to the dress and the light blue of the Danish order is too. Nothing to object here, actually ;)

I am glad she recycle the dress, so we could see the details! I am surprise the back how is, so you can not really use a bra, I imagine has one built in, but no spanx I guess? I found this dress from Tadashi, Illusion Lace ¾ Sleeve Gown with Grosgrain Ribbon Belt | Tadashi Shoji it could be for us the commoners at a reasonable price to look stunning the same! just we would need the jewelry! although I guess we can find some fake also ones to get the same effect!
I think this one is better:
Illusion Lace ¾ Sleeve Gown | Tadashi Shoji
and Tadashi has several capes too:
Ca' d'Oro Embroidered Tulle Cape | Tadashi Shoji

Maxima looked every inch the Queen she is!!! Everything from the makeup to the jewels- she looked amazing!

I wondered if she would go for a red colour and blue featured a lot yesterday! This gown is stunning, a totally different look from last night but just as magical.

Wow. She looks gorgeous!! Perfect color for her and a very flattering shape.

I love the style and color but not the design.

Last edited by a moderator:

Máxima looking great in a new Claes Iversen dress in Copenhagen this evening, March 18:

** Full view 1 ** Full view 2 ** Upper part **

On TV it looked spectacular (helped by the awesome rivière with large diamonds), very nice flow of the dress when walking and moving.

The Queen looked quite joyeuse tonight. A proud and self-conscious lady.

Máxima looking great in a new Claes Iversen dress in Copenhagen this evening, March 18:

** Full view 1 ** Full view 2 ** Upper part **
I love it except for the one shoulder part. I love the color, and rhinestones. Reminds me of strawberries .
I was hoping she'd recycle her coronation Eve gown, the gown worn to brother's wedding, or that purple gown she wore with the rubies. Perhaps in Germany!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom