The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-31-2014, 02:36 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
I like the colour as it suits Maxima, but that's about it. I agree with bertie5253003, the whole outfit is a bit of a mess - I think the attached cape/top half of the dress with those flowers it what makes it look like that (a mess). Not one of her best looks.
I agree. Beautiful color, but the dress itself is very unflattering on Max.

Old 10-31-2014, 03:06 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post

For a dinner with Prime minister Shinzo Abe in Tokyo today, October 30, Máxima wore a new Jan Taminiau dress:

** Full view ** Upper part ** Upper part 2 **
Quote:

Máxima in the afternoon and evening of the final day of the state visit to Japan, October 31, recycling her elegant Natan dress with the wide sleeves:

** Full view ** Upper part ** Upper part 2 ** Upper part 3 ** January 2014 ** November 2013 **
First- don't know why but love it.
Second- Love.

Old 10-31-2014, 03:21 PM
Majesty

jan taminiau does wonders for maxima, but this one seems to be the odd exception.

the natan blue turquoise dress is nice, but it just doesn't suit maxima and ages her too much.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 10-31-2014, 04:04 PM
Royal Highness

The dress for the Prime Ministerial luncheon looks like a grubby 70s quilted bedspread...with shockingly bad hemming..
A rare fail for Taminiau..and for the Queen this [on an otherwise very well dressed] tour.
Old 10-31-2014, 05:59 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

The Taminiau dress & cape looks ugly and messy. Somehow Max gets away even with such atrocities.
Old 10-31-2014, 06:47 PM
Heir Apparent

I am so tired of seeing that blue Natan dress and those sleeves!!! Enough already.
Old 10-31-2014, 07:36 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by udyusa View Post
I am so tired of seeing that blue Natan dress and those sleeves!!! Enough already.
Oh I love it - I hope she has bought one on every colour for future events
Old 10-31-2014, 08:02 PM
Heir Apparent

I'd love to see one in hot fuchsia pink! Doesn't she already have one?
Old 10-31-2014, 08:22 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseroyal View Post
I'd love to see one in hot fuchsia pink! Doesn't she already have one?
Yes, but it was a trouser suit I think - somehow it looks better with a skirt.
Old 10-31-2014, 08:30 PM
Heir Apparent

It does- she should get it in fuchsia.
Old 11-01-2014, 03:05 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by udyusa View Post
Yes, And she should get rid of Natan altogether............this dress is horrible on her, take a look at the bust line.......very bad fit there, it flattens her bust and the seams aren't in the right place.......and those sleeves, why is she turning into an aged middle class lady with no taste lately.
Old 11-01-2014, 11:39 AM
Heir Apparent

Yes his design on this and most is to flatten the bust and accentuate the stomach! Love the sleeves and material and jewels
Old 11-01-2014, 01:49 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

I have mixed feelings about Maxima's latest Natan dress. I love the colour, though the sleeves are not my cup of tea, but as they're as 'Maxima' as one can go and only she can carry that look off, then the sleeves are kind of alright I guess. But, it's the fitting of the dress that puts me off - somehow it makes Maxima seem a lot bigger.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 11-02-2014, 12:08 AM
Majesty

Quote:

Máxima in the afternoon and evening of the final day of the state visit to Japan, October 31, recycling her elegant Natan dress with the wide sleeves:

** Full view ** Upper part ** Upper part 2 ** Upper part 3 ** January 2014 ** November 2013 **
The color is great but the sleeves are dreadful.
Old 11-02-2014, 01:55 AM
Majesty

The first time I saw this ensemble it was teamed with a beautiful up do and hat with complimentary clutch and shoes. Beautiful jewellery "finished" the ensemble perfectly.

The second occasion she left her hair down, but it looked dressed and showed her beautiful earrings quite clearly and showcased one of her most beautiful brooches.

This outing screams "daywear" and the first photo shows a somewhat bedraggled look. Her loose hair looks almost like she ran out of time and didn't finish getting "dressed". Yikes, her hair is even caught in a brooch!
Old 11-03-2014, 07:47 AM
Administrator

Máxima at a gala dinner in Seoul, South Korea, today, November 3, wearing a new dress with a special upper part:

** Full view **
Old 11-03-2014, 11:03 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:

Máxima at a gala dinner in Seoul, South Korea, today, November 3, wearing a new dress with a special upper part:

** Full view **
I like this dress very much and enjoy seeing these extravagant bows. However, the gold material accent in the upper bodice area is not quite right and I am not quite sure why.
Old 11-03-2014, 11:14 AM
Majesty

to be blunt I thought we had a wardrobe malfunction until I realised that what looks like "skin" is in fact the lining of the bows. Thats the good news but the fuss and the shine and the bows are just too fussy; and it makes her look as if she has a bigger body shape than she has.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 11-03-2014, 11:23 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
to be blunt I thought we had a wardrobe malfunction until I realised that what looks like "skin" is in fact the lining of the bows. Thats the good news but the fuss and the shine and the bows are just too fussy; and it makes her look as if she has a bigger body shape than she has.
Thank you, I am glad you said it as I didn't want to!!
Old 11-03-2014, 11:27 AM
Majesty

The silence esp on twitter has been deafening! And your response is in line. Im pretty sure that some royals wouldnt be treated so kindly but we all love Maxima

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Closed Thread

Tags
fashion, queen maxima, queen maxima cocktail dresses, queen maxima dresses, queen maxima eveningwear, queen maxima fashion