Queen Máxima's Eveningwear Part 2: April 2014 - March 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
She looks phenomenal in both state visits :)

Don't like the crow feathers but the dress is nice and love the pointy shors. Great earrings

I love the feathered dress. The first dress, not so much.

I certainly do, and it looks awful. I also do not care for the pointy shoes. The dress is pretty, but the fit is not.

I love the black outfit with the feathers and the pinty shoes, pretty edgy.

I had wondered what was going on in the top half, thanks for pointing out that it is feathers, iceflower. :flowers: Overall, I love the dress, as the colour suits her a lot. But, I'm not a fan of the top half as it looks a little odd to me, and I'm not the biggest fan of her shoes either. They're a little awkward and pointy in shape for me.

I had wondered what was going on in the top half, thanks for pointing out that it is feathers, iceflower. :flowers: Overall, I love the dress, as the colour suits her a lot. But, I'm not a fan of the top half as it looks a little odd to me, and I'm not the biggest fan of her shoes either. They're a little awkward and pointy in shape for me.

The feathers - all I could think was "Malificent crossed with Phyllis Diller." I am sure this is a US thing and only for ladies my age. Dear Phyllis wore a lot of feathers.
It was all very Max, but I could not get the images out of my mind.

November 8, 2014 - Lace navy dress with a wrap.

Not a pretty dress at all. The flowers look childish and the band under the bust is very maternity style.

Full view ** Close up

Last edited:
I like the dress but that hair? Looks like a greasy mess!!

Love this dress on maxima. And I agree the V neck is a good cut for her.

I actually love Maxima's latest dress. She looks fabulous in lace, and I feel that it's a material she should wear more often. I don't think the flowers look childish, but I can sort of understand where you're coming from with that observation, dazzling. From what I can see, her necklace is fantastic as well. It would've been interesting to see what shoes she had worn though.

November 8, 2014 - Lace navy dress with a wrap.

Not a pretty dress at all. The flowers look childish and the band under the bust is very maternity style.

Full view ** Close up
I think you are right. It's very "CP Maxima" and definitely does not have the gravitas required for "Queen Maxima".

It's a shame that the prominence of the black and pale lace utterly swamped one very intricate and beautiful diamond necklace.

I really love this look it is very flattering on her simple with a twist IMO

Last edited by a moderator:
She looks great in black velvet yet this top does nothing for her. It is too tight in the bust line, it shows that the fabric is stretching to much across the bust, the pants look to big on her, I understand what she was trying to achieve here, but the outfit is ill fitted and looks that way. A nice simple black velvet long dress with simple neckline and sleeves would of looked much better..........and with a jeweled brooch..........then your set to go.

It is a liitle bit tight, but black colour covers everything.

If the top fitted well it would've been a nice look for the evening. The top would also look great with an evening skirt. It's a pity her hair wasn't styled.

Top great, trousers hmmmmm, a pencil skirt would have been better
BYe Bine

I think the top is fine and actually looks great on Maxima, it's the trousers that make the look seem a bit 'off' to me, as they look a little big and frumpy on her. They remind me of the trousers HGD Stephanie of Luxembourg wears. ;)

I actually love Maxima's latest dress. She looks fabulous in lace, and I feel that it's a material she should wear more often. I don't think the flowers look childish, but I can sort of understand where you're coming from with that observation, dazzling. From what I can see, her necklace is fantastic as well.

The necklace is one of my favorite of the Dutch Royal Jewelry. It is called the Diamond Honey Comb Necklace which was made for Queen Wilhelmina in 1900. It was a wedding present from her mother, Queen Dowager Emma in 1901. The middle row contains larger diamonds which can be replaced with pearls, sapphires or other precious stones to create a totally different look. Just Brilliant.

Máxima at the celebration for the 75th birthday of Prof. Pieter van Vollenhoven and the 25th jubilee of the Fonds Slachtofferhulp (Victim Fund) in Utrecht this evening, December 8. At first (pic 1) I thought it was a long skirt, but she wore wide trousers:

** Full view ** Full view 2 ** Upper part **

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom