Queen Máxima's Eveningwear, Part 1: April 2013 - April 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The red dress is very lovely. I love that color.

The red I am in love with the brooch the hair everything and the pink is lovely but not stunning the red is stunning IMO

The pink dress is too "ruffly" for my taste. I preferred the first, simpler version of the dress. She still looks quite pretty.

The pink dress is one of my favorite gowns she's ever worn. I love the color, the lace details, and the style. The stunning jewels really compete the look.

The pink dress is too "ruffly" for my taste. I preferred the first, simpler version of the dress. She still looks quite pretty.
I am in total agreement. The bodice of the gown is still as elegantly streamlined as it ever was and then there's a whole other deal going on the skirt of the gown. It's fluffy, frilly and girly and, not only is Q Max not fluffy, frilly and girly, she is wearing really serious jewellery that should not be competing with lacey bits. She has the gravitas to wear the unembellished original gown and some very serious jewellery without looking under dressed.

I just try to look above the waist . . . . :D

Last edited:
The original pink dress doesn't have the brocade material as the current one does. I definitely like the original version better with its simplicity of fabric and the tiered design. But like Marg, I'm just concentrating on the jewels from the wrists upwards. :p

Last edited:
The long red gown is one of her best looks ever. Simple, elegant, and able to show off the fab jewels, the way it should be.
The pink gown seems to have a lace overlay now, I like it but a little too much with all the wonderful pearls and diamonds. She's very tall and can wear a lot more of anything than most, but a little OTT.
Her skin is looking very wonderful these days. New makeup artists or skin treatments perhaps? Love the hair with the pink dress, perfection

Considering it is Natan it could be much worse. And I am happy that the Queen picked a neutral colour so she doesn't stand out too much.

It's actually a gorgeous dress! Are we sure it's Natan?? ?

As usual with N, the fit is not good. Do like the fabric.
Nice Max got in the group shot, to up the number of women in the picture:sad:

Wrinkles. :sad:
Well . . . that tends to happen to a dress made by anyone if the wearer actually moves around and, heaven forfend, sits down. Queen Max is more than holding her own and if you check out a few of the male VIP's you will see wrinkles in their trousers and jackets. I am sure that they are not discussing her perceived fabric wrinkle issues at this Nuclear Security Summit.

On the model it looks very Jackie Kennedy.
Maxima looks very elegant with it too IMO.

Is the dress made of raw silk? If yes, Natan does a poor job pressing/tailoring this kind of clothing.

I think it is a lovely dress. Fits her well and that champagne color is very sophisticated.

MYROYALS &HOLLYWOOD FASHÄ°ON: King Willem-Alexander and Queen Maxima in Germany

But what is that golden ??? whatever that is on her ankle in the picture where she is stepping up? I enlarged it, but I still couldn't tell- I was, however, able to
see the big photo of George Clooney in the background.

Maxima recycled a dress for the state visit tonight

She first wore the dress to Fred & Mary's wedding in 2004: http://i694.photobucket.com/albums/vv306/WithinDemise/Tiaras/PMaxima_zpsab142b03.jpg

and again to Henri & Maria Teresa's 25th wedding celebration in 2006: http://i694.photobucket.com/albums/vv306/WithinDemise/Tiaras/PMaxima157_zpsfc42a325.jpg

tonight: http://i694.photobucket.com/albums/vv306/WithinDemise/Tiaras/PMaxima376_zps654cba6f.jpg

I love this dress and I adore the alterations she appears to have had.

Love and love.

Máxima at a dinner for the participants of the two-day Nuclear Security Summit in Den Haag today, March 24, wearing an elegant Natan dress of Natan's Autumn/Winter 2013 collection:

** Full view ** Upper part ** Upper part 2 ** Upper part 3 ** Natan **
lovely dress wich look perfect on Queen Maxima.
i like how Queen Maxima always choose the perfect for her figure she looks great here.

Typical Natan with poor seams and wrinkles. Love the rich color, and her pearl and diamond jewels are to die for..

The champagne dress is perfection on Maxima, and there are no words for how much I love that pale pink evening gown. She looks as gorgeous in it now as she did 10 years ago.

She seems to be aging in reverse!:whistling:

Máxima in white and silver at a dinner for members of the National Committee Inauguration at Noordeinde yesterday, March 28.

** Full view **

This could be the dress that she has worn in Brussels for Philippe's 50th birthday. IIRC it was designed by J. Mendel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom