The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-16-2013, 04:12 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Queen Máxima at a dinner as part of the congress of the International Day Against Homophobia (IDAHO) in Den Haag this evening, May 16, looking very pink

** Full view ** Upper part 1 ** Upper part 2 **

Old 05-16-2013, 04:18 PM
Courtier

OMG... DAYGLO pink {and very 'Beatrix' sleeves}

Old 05-16-2013, 04:19 PM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

The pantalon ruins it IMO. Maybe with a skirt in a neutral color it would have been ok.

Anyway, at least HM's hair is up, the make-up is well done and she wears her H. Stern earrings.
Old 05-16-2013, 04:32 PM
Heir Apparent

How does one go about eating with those sleeves without making a mess of them?!!

HM does look lovely from the neck up and I do like the color on her.
Old 05-16-2013, 05:14 PM
Aristocracy

Max:

The Water Pageant outfit was BEYOND perfect! Dress, hair, earrings, wrap, cape, MAGNIFICENT!

The outfit with the metallic top . . . Not so much. Like one or two others, The metallic top didn't do a lot for me. Maybe it looked better in person. But in pics, meh. Hair/earrings/everything else: GREAT!

The pink outfit . . . The color was fabulous on her. The sleeve ends were overdone, for my taste. And I think I would've preferred a long skirt on her, as well, as opposed to the pants. Hair/earrings/everything else: GREAT!

Re: Beatrix' cape . . .

Absolutely LOVE it!

IIRC, she also wore one in a deep purple (?) hue for the Water Pageant?

Whatever!

If she wants/needs to get rid of either of those (or any more that she might have lying around, BTW!) I will GLADLY volunteer my services to take them off her hands and make GOOD use of them!!

LOL!
Old 05-16-2013, 05:28 PM
Royal Highness

I love this trend if wearing big sleaves! They just add magnificence to an outfit! I think now that Maxima is Queen, we will see even more drama in her clothes than before!
Old 05-16-2013, 05:47 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post

Queen Máxima at a dinner as part of the congress of the International Day Against Homophobia (IDAHO) in Den Haag this evening, May 16, looking very pink

Did they provide the other guests with sun shades? I love that color, but that's a bit much. Also don't care for the sleeves.
Old 05-16-2013, 05:49 PM
Courtier

I think she looks good it's definitely a Maxima look.
Old 05-16-2013, 05:51 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess carmen View Post
That it is! Only she can pull it off.
Old 05-16-2013, 06:10 PM
Nobility

Queen Maxima has a formidable presence,thus she can get away with flamboyant outfits,flamboyant sleeves and flamboyant colours.She exudes such confidence.
Old 05-16-2013, 07:29 PM
Heir Apparent

I like this outfit; it shows a since humor and fun! Perfectly retro mod and fun for the event.
Old 05-16-2013, 08:56 PM
Heir Presumptive

Adore it!! Love the sleeves and the overall retro 60s ish look. Her hair has never looked better.
Old 05-16-2013, 09:03 PM
Courtier

Quote:

Stunning! A big, bold color and outfit to go along with her big, bold personality. Not many women could carry off this color/sleeves, but Maxima can. Fabulous!
Old 05-16-2013, 10:41 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess carmen View Post
Oh, that it is! I love her boldness and fearlessness when it comes to wardrobe. My TA is absolutely in love with Maxima's wardrobe (and this is a woman who has no interest in royalty), and constantly asks me to see pictures (and then proceeds to tell me that she wants to go into the woman's wardrobe, and just...stare in awe).

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 05-16-2013, 11:30 PM
Heir Apparent

Great color but horrible outfit. The sleeves are just awful and too much.
Old 05-16-2013, 11:32 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseroyal View Post
Did they provide the other guests with sun shades?

No...we're all used to pink,our eyes and mind-set are adjusted to it!
Old 05-17-2013, 01:44 AM
Heir Presumptive

Totally love this look the colour is gorgeous on her I love the sleeves ....
Old 05-17-2013, 04:36 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Quote:

Thats a Gucci Spring 2013 outfit.

I love the color but don't like the design. I find the top a bit too long to be worn with pants unless you are in you 70's in the south of France. The sleeves somehow work for me and match her personality. The buttons down the front make it a bit too casual looking for an evening event. I love the hair and the make up looks really nice.
Old 05-17-2013, 12:39 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daria_S View Post
Oh, that it is! I love her boldness and fearlessness when it comes to wardrobe. My TA is absolutely in love with Maxima's wardrobe (and this is a woman who has no interest in royalty), and constantly asks me to see pictures (and then proceeds to tell me that she wants to go into the woman's wardrobe, and just...stare in awe).
That story just cracks me up! Wouldn't we all? Because you gotta admire a woman who can wear an outfit like that, and not look like a flamingo on steroids.....Although she was close, I must say.....
Old 05-17-2013, 01:24 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:

I LOVE it! Love the color, the style, her hair, jewels, all of it!! Usually not this excited about her outfits, but this one is just wonderful! Very unique and chic at the same time. I'm liking this new"ish" style of Queen Maxima. So glad she is wearing someone other than Natan.

Tags
queen maxima dresses, queen maxima eveningwear, queen maxima fashion