Queen Máxima's Daytime Fashion Part 9: January 2016 - June 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How fun is that bag with that shoe? I really do like this except for the stringy hair.
If I could wish anything for Max it would be a visit from the Hair Fairy. :flowers:

Queen Máxima made a working visit in Eindhoven today, June 8, to learn about an educational programme, recycling her great white Gucci dress:

** Full view ** Full view ** Upper part ** May 2015 **

Love her ears to toe. The dress is fantastic, very chic for the queen. Love the earrings and all the accessories. Just wish she could sort out her hair.

:previous: Didn't look at the old photo the first time, just today's. Yes, definitely hair is better up. But wow this outfit is a great example how just a change in styling/accessorizing can change the whole look. Beyond her hair, I like today much better. I like her more casual accessories like the necklace today with the more chic dress, then the big pearl earrings necklace and earrings, and never a fan of those hats.

That's a whole lot to process. :eek: And very Max.

Last edited:
I would have loved the look without the hat.. I really hate that hat... but I just wonder is the outfit the right one for that engagement looks quite "formal" for what appears in the photos a casual out doorsey day??

It is a lot indeed. One weird element may have been ok, but now she has a weird hat + cape + peplum + strings on the skirt + strings of hair. A *bit* too much. This recycled hat has never been a success.

Last edited:
How is it possible that a Queen of the Netherlands, Princess of Orange-Nassau, looks like a flea-bag. That awful hair ruins everything. This lady has not 1procent of the dignitas Princess Beatrix maintains, under all circumstances.

That's a whole lot to process. :eek: And very Max.

I was thinking the same thing - there's too much going on even for my tastes! Individually, the components are really rather nice - but altogether it is surprisingly complicated.

Oddly, I preferred the outfit back in 2012 so it may only be the hat that is the problem!

How is it possible that a Queen of the Netherlands, Princess of Orange-Nassau, looks like a flea-bag. That awful hair ruins everything. This lady has not 1procent of the dignitas Princess Beatrix maintains, under all circumstances.

Yes, it is awful. I understand she likes to "experiment", but someone on her household should advise her against certain excesses.

Yes, it is awful. I understand she likes to "experiment", but someone on her household should advise her against certain excesses.

I really agree with this. It is fantastic at times watching the completely flamboyant Queen but unfortunately she does get it wrong at times and it just looks silly :ermm:

I read all the comments first before i see the photos but believe me i don't expect she is so awful!!!!! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: Be well Queen Maxima!!

i really dislike those hats. they really don't suit anyone. i hope maxima forgets about them and finds more stylistically suitable ones or no hat at all would have looked just fine!

i think the outfit is bit messy i don't mind the skirt or even the top but all those pieces toghter are too much and head piece is not helping.

The skirt and hat are awful.

Queen Máxima made a working visit to a foundation in Den Haag today, June 10, wearing a white blouse and a printed skirt:

** Full view ** Upper part **

Midi not maxi for daytime (unless it's a sundress at a casual/family thing). JMO. Cute skirt otherwise.

Queen Máxima's Daytime Fashion Part 9: January 2016 -

I think the skirt is dreadful. It makes me think of animal feathers. I have no problem with animal prints, but I really don't like the skirt design.

i really dislike those hats. they really don't suit anyone. i hope maxima forgets about them and finds more stylistically suitable ones or no hat at all would have looked just fine!

She was adviced in the first few months, which didn't lead to very nice outfits either. Many of them looked very dowdy. I suppose much will be solved if she drops Natan. Mr. Vermeulen has 6 years to go before he reaches retirement age.

I am usually a Max fan but her last two outfits :eek:

The towel headdress one :ohmy: Honestly one of the worst hats I can remember. The skirt with the little stringy things don't even get me started. The top was nice enough but not a huge fan of the cape sleeves.

Today's outfit? I don't like the high waist skirts at all, I don't find them flattering and is it a belt, or just the how the top of the skirt is? Either way don't like. Nor do I like the print. I don't mind some animal prints, like Madeleine's leopard as it was in blue so didn't scream animal, but this one no. Maybe in less, like a shorter skirt, but the long full skirt is too much.

:previous:

Finally! For a long time I've felt I was the only one who doesn't like high waist skirts (or pants) :D

The following pics offer a slightly better view on the skirt:

** Full view 2 ** Full view 3 **

Oy. I like the shirt, but that skirt is ri-don-cu-lous.

A tad dramatic, no?
Maybe Maxima could buy one of these to get a bit Beadignitas :lol:
https://www.fopshop.nl/prod/pruik-koningin-beatrix-oranje/11032

Anyway..

The turban was indeed a fail, reminded me of the head 'bandage' Mathilde wore. The rest was okay. Love todays outfit.

Don't think this was specifically posted (it was hidden in a link) but i thought i'd post because you guys were such fans of her hat from Neighbour's day in Urk :lol:
http://www.destentor.nl/polopoly_fs...rivatives/landscape_800_600/image-6093399.JPG
Local Urk hatmaker Wiepke Kaptein has a hat-shop in Urk and daughter Anne Mathea presents the queen with one of their hats. It had nothing to do with what the queen more on the day, but actually I think *this* hat i like a lot better than the "towel" ;)

i like the blouse but not the skirt pity with the right pants or skirt the outfit would be very classy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom