Queen Máxima's Daytime Fashion Part 8: August 2015 - December 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A great look. Love the R/W/B and she looks happy/young/thin!
And her hair is so much better than usual - getting the wisps away from her face is very nice. My fav Max look in a long time. Even if it is pants.

iceflower said:
Queen Máxima at the National Training Center CBRN in Vught on September 10, recycling a Jan Taminiau jacket made from old dutch postal sacks:

** Pic ** June 2009 ** September 2009 **

I like it much more this time, which must be due to the blue trousers. It makes it look less like a kaki uniform.

Last edited:
I like it more this time around, as well! I think it is just the way it is photographed. Max just looks so pretty with her hairdo and smile...

I'm not a fan of this outfit, though it suits Maxima a lot and like AdmirerUS, I love the stripes - perfect for the event!

This jacket must have been sold on its own. None of the pants seem.to match. I think Max looks beautiful though.

This is IMHO one of her best dresses, as it is one of his (Taminiau's). Why she ever uses other designers for this event is a mystery to me. The dress even makes me forget that she is hardly wearing any jewelry at all.

As I said in the Prinsjesdag thread: the embroidery is inspired by the Japanese room at Palace Huis ten Bosch. The dress is made of organza silk.

The dress is very beautiful but I can say I was not impressed very much by the Queen this year.

Lovely "work" on the dress, though I am not sure I am a fan of the overall look.

I like the ress just I do not like leather gloves! I would have used a shade like t dress and may be fabri one1 but the rest she looks ning1

Lovely dress, Maxima looks very pretty .... but .... what's with those gloves? IMO, they just don't fit with the dress. If she had been wearing a coat or suit yes, but not with the formal dress.

The purple leather gloves don't go with her otherwise beautiful ,white evening gloves would have been more elegant looking.

As said by Marengo, the design of the embroidery seems inspired by the Japanese Salon at Huis ten Bosch Palace.

First a supersize picture of the Queen (click on the picture to enlarge) and have a fantastic detailed view.

The Japanese Salon at Huis ten Bosch Palace, sadly only little panoramic pictures exist:

Picture with view on the windows

Picture with view on the fine lacquer furniture

Picture with view on the entrance of the Japanese Salon

These pictures were from the Royal House website, originally from a virtual tour which has -sadly- been removed (maybe because of safety reasons, because one could make a virtual walk through the palace) and are now on a fansite named hethuisvanoranje.nl

I think white gloves would have distracted more than the purple ones, maybe the Queen should have worn textile gloves instead of leather ones.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is IMHO one of her best dresses, as it is one of his (Taminiau's). Why she ever uses other designers for this event is a mystery to me. The dress even makes me forget that she is hardly wearing any jewelry at all.

As I said in the Prinsjesdag thread: the embroidery is inspired by the Japanese room at Palace Huis ten Bosch. The dress is made of organza silk.

I love the dress and she looks wonderful. The only strange element to me is the leather gloves!

That is a couture dress.....fantastic.

What a beautiful dress! There really is no need for jewelry as the dress speaks for itself.

I know Maxima can push it sometimes with her dress style but when she is on....she is on!

It is stunning she appears to have lost a bit of wt as well over the summer. The colour is very flattering the neckline also flattering

It's a stunning dress and looks amazing on Maxima. The colour is also great for her skin tone. I've always liked how the dresses for this kind of event are more on the "court dress" type, but this short-sleeved number works quite well IMO, so I don't mind if she tries more like this from time to time.

Definitely one of my favourite appearances of her at Prinsjesdag.

I've always loved it when Queen Maxima wears Taminiau clothes - you know it will be something extra special when she does!

The embroidery is stunning, with just enough sparkle so that more jewels are not needed. I don't mind the gloves, the colour works well and the leather suits a day event.

Just divine! This gown is delicate, striking and inventive all in one swoop.

As far as the accessories, I'm so glad she went with a headpiece that was more demure to really highlight the dress, and the gloves are striking, but she's playing the part of a Queen perfectly.

Great Dress but for an evening Event .
Ridiculous short leather gloves , not for a Queen on such a great Event.

Maxima looked really nice but somehow the gown was a bit too pale for her. I liked the maroon accessories which added a nice touch to the look. Im glad Maxima wore a headpiece and not a hat, it looks so much better.

Maxima looked really nice but somehow the gown was a bit too pale for her. I liked the maroon accessories which added a nice touch to the look. Im glad Maxima wore a headpiece and not a hat, it looks so much better.

The headpiece was an extension of the dress, the motifs on the dress were continued in the headpiece. That is why the Queen did not wear a hat, I think. We saw the same on Prinsjesdag 2006, see picture: http://www.petersmulders.nl/500px/Sep2006/Maxima 190906314.jpg

Great Dress but for an evening Event .
Ridiculous short leather gloves , not for a Queen on such a great Event.

It is around Noon, mid-day in September, so short sleeves are nothing new. Here three Princesses in short sleeves but with gloves: see picture.

:flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
what an amazing dress, the needlework is quite something! absolutely beautiful. i am such a fan of maxima in taminiau - these two are meant for each other. i am in awe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom