The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-15-2015, 04:14 PM
Serene Highness

Taminiau and Maxima are such a good match!

Old 09-15-2015, 04:26 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

This is such a beautiful dress. I love the embroidery and think the color looks fantastic on Maxima.

Old 09-15-2015, 05:05 PM
Heir Apparent

I think this is one of Maxima's best looks! The gown is exquisite with it's beautiful embroidery and her head piece is lovely, as well as her hair style. My only complaint is the rather heavy looking leather gloves with such an ethereal looking fabric.
Old 09-15-2015, 05:40 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubies View Post
This jacket must have been sold on its own. None of the pants seem.to match. I think Max looks beautiful though.
I love that postal jacket- I would have worn it with jeans while strolling through the Haight Ashbury (back in the day).

Abraham Lincoln
Old 09-15-2015, 06:10 PM
Heir Presumptive

it looks that soe of us think the same about the gloves!http://www.ppe-agency.com/preview.ph...rch=15-09-2015 Prinsjesdag
http://www.ppe-agency.com/preview.ph...rch=15-09-2015 Prinsjesdag
Old 09-15-2015, 06:25 PM
Gentry

The dress is simply amazing. The colour is stunning and that embroidery is to die for. Not just a dress, but a work of art also.
I like the headpiece too, it matches perfectly the gown.

Alas, I don't like the other accessories.
Those leather gloves are too heavy (if you can get what I mean) for that look. They should have been in cloth or something similar.
The belt looks unnecessary and it breaks the dress' motif, not very pleasant to see. And besides, I really hate when they put the sash under a belt, it looks quite bad.
Not a fan of the earrings; half with diamonds and half with, whats that, beads?

Still, I'd say this is my second favourite Prinsjesdag lookk after 2007's.
Old 09-15-2015, 06:30 PM
Heir Apparent

Diamonds with black onyx, if you ask me. Very modern in combination with the dress.

See picture. (Click on the picture to enlarge).
Old 09-15-2015, 06:51 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post

Queen Maxima looking great in a dress by Jan Taminiau at the annual Prinsjesdag today, September 15:

** Full view ** Full view 2 ** Upper part ** Upper part 2 ** Upper part 3 **
The dress is breathtaking! The details are amazingly incredible. Without a doubt one of her most stunning gowns she's worn.
Old 09-15-2015, 09:21 PM
Heir Presumptive

These earrings IMO are garnet beads with diamonds.
Old 09-16-2015, 12:24 AM
Majesty

Her dress was beautiful, but I have to ask myself whether it was quite the thing to wear to Prinsjesdag. It just seemed so soft and floating and Gala Gown. Have to admit to disliking the thin belt over her Order Sash and would have preferred a discreet little brooch or two.

As to the gloves? Well, the colour of her gloves matched her hair thingie. It's not a hat, it's not a fascinator so that was the best I could come up with.
Old 09-16-2015, 07:45 AM
Majesty
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Week team Member

Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

She looked great. I love the dress.
Old 09-16-2015, 08:00 AM
Moderator Emeritus

The dress is amazing! I love it! It's my favourite Prinsjesday look since years.

Old 09-16-2015, 10:30 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

No words to describe how much i love Maxima's dress from Prinsjesday - it is her best yet as Queen. The detail on the skirt is stunning. Cant wait to see her use it again hopefully in a gala setting. My only quip would have been a more substantial hat to fit in line with the traditional dress code but i understand why she choose simple flowers for this elaborate gown

Old 09-16-2015, 01:12 PM
Administrator

Máxima during a working visit to the Instrument Depot Leerorkest in Amsterdam today, September 16, wearing a well-known Nathan dress both Máxima and Mathilde own for some years now:

** Full view ** Upper part with jacket ** October 2010 **
Old 09-16-2015, 01:18 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessofEurope View Post
No words to describe how much i love Maxima's dress from Prinsjesday - it is her best yet as Queen. The detail on the skirt is stunning. Cant wait to see her use it again hopefully in a gala setting. My only quip would have been a more substantial hat to fit in line with the traditional dress code but i understand why she choose simple flowers for this elaborate gown
I agree, I too would love to see this dress get used in a "gala" setting. Either of the two ruby tiaras would work very well with the dress.
Old 09-16-2015, 01:46 PM
Royal Highness

Maxima always looks her best in a gown. To me, she and Mary are unbeatable when it comes to picking stunning gowns.
Old 09-16-2015, 02:07 PM
Heir Apparent

The stunning gown .. and then this the dress is too tight and too short IMO the colour and style are but it is Natan !!!!
Old 09-16-2015, 07:06 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post

Máxima during a working visit to the Instrument Depot Leerorkest in Amsterdam today, September 16, wearing a well-known Nathan dress both Máxima and Mathilde own for some years now:

** Full view ** Upper part with jacket ** October 2010 **
Awful dress. I especially dislike the bottom half.
Old 09-16-2015, 11:53 PM
Heir Presumptive

Yesterday she was incredible in that stunning gown! Today I guess she was tired! and didn't bother! awful! Maxima 2 different woman!
Old 09-17-2015, 08:21 AM
Administrator

Queen Máxima looking good in a recycled Natan top and coat combined with a skirt and hat, we've also seen before, at the 50th jubilee of the Moluccan community in Alphen aan de Rijn today, September 17:

** Full view ** Upper part ** Upper part 2 ** January 2015 ** October 2011 ** October 2011 ** September 2011 **

Tags
queen maxima, queen maxima daytime fashion, queen maxima fashion, queen maxima hats, queen maxima style, royal fashion