Queen Máxima's Daytime Fashion Part 7: May 2015 - August 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
She looks great. I love the top.

Very lovely and the hair is again wonderful maybe change the hairdresser?

She looks lovely indeed, a nice colour combination and pretty subdued.

(..)

Last edited by a moderator:
I love love the white and the top on Day 2 great colour. I love her nail varnish as well

Being queen is not a 'role'. She is Queen; 24 hours of the day, 7 days a week etc. Always. I believe that her husband himself stated them being royal 24/7 in an interview a few years ago.

But it is visible that she regards the microfinance meetings/engagements more informal indeed, as she often looks sloppy at them (not this time). The white outtfit is lovely. The hair could have been worse. The Chicago white outfit is nice enough too, and the tea-cosy hat looks like something that Q. Juliana or her daughters could have worn in the 60-ties. For that reason alone I like it.

Of course she is Queen 24 hours a day, but sadly seem not think so, see your second alinea.

Maxima's white outfit is nice but I'm not so sure how I feel about the material. I like her outfit she wore on her second day, too, and prefer it to the white outfit.

The dress is lovely and in strange way i like and the scarf too.

What a giants' steps the Queen makes. From Rideau Hall to the White House. From the White House to the United Nations. From the United Nations to a royal funeral in Madrid. The one day a royal funeral, the other day a little low-key visit to a refugee project. And all the masses of clothes connected with all these activities... I wonder if -on beforehand- the choices of outfit, accessoires and bijoux are already filled in an Excel-sheet or something? It is amazing.

the dress is lovely and the scarft fitt in odd way:D
the overall looks is great Imo.

Good grief! She should have looked in the mirror - that is just awful. I can't even admire the top because my eyes are just drawn to the deeply unflattering lower half!

Even for the low key occassion with children... this is unforgiveable. Queen Beatrix would never, ever have lowered her royal standards to.... this....

:ermm::ohmy::sad::eek::bang:

It is the Orange Fund, her pet project with children, then Queen Máxima always dresses very down. On most pictures however, it did not look too bad. It is a mystery to me why a lady who has slimmed down would want to wear a piece which makes her looking XXL...

Last edited by a moderator:
What was Maxima thinking,one her worst looking offerings to date.

Are those culottes she's wearing?? Totally unflattering as they make her look twice as big as she really is. A huge miss in my book!

I love the top but the rest is awful.

Wow....that really doesn't work at all.

A maternity top and shiny giant culottes! What is going on here!

What the heck she was thinking of? My Goodness it is horrible! the only thing I like it is the shoes!
I have to think as busy she is with her schedule and her daughters, she must have somebody who prepare all the outfit everyday for her, she might not even choose them, not even take them out of the hanger, or hanging them back! She might have somebody who prepare in advance, her outfit, shoes, handbag, jewelry, etc..... This is the only way I can see she uses this outfit!

Good grief there is no excuse for that look it is appaling agree unbelievable!!!

One wonders if Mr. Vermeulen of Natan has some spell over his clients? Perhaps he puts them under hypnosis? One of his worst designs she has ever worn. Why would anybody design it? Or agree to wear it?

Last edited:
The strange thing is: it is design. The texture is expensive, it is clearly no H&M or Primark. We can blame Edouard Vermeulen (House of Natan) for horrid designs but, but, but.... Her Majesty Queen Máxima, Princess of the Netherlands, Princess of Orange-Nassau... SHE buys this!!!!

Princess Beatrix has in her whole life one constante: "the dignity of the high office". In everything she did, she demanded "dignity". Everything should be done impeccably, in style and with professionalism. I really miss this standard in Queen Máxima. The one day she can be über-glamorous and regal, the other day it is pure horror. At the same time she keeps reaching all time high approval ratings, so maybe she is doing things right somewhere...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom