Queen Máxima's Daytime Fashion Part 7: May 2015 - August 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Stunning - my favourite at the wedding by a long way.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Wow. This dress is stunning. And she looks stunning in it. Not only is it my favorite dress from the wedding that I've seen so far- it's one of my favorites period.

And the tiara matches.

Make up and hair are perfect too.

Wow. Incredible dress.

She's the best dressed... everything is perfect the dress with the ruby tiara... this was exactly what I imagined she would use today.

Love the color and shape of the dress...but the belt has a unfortunate placing...it just looks odd right at her hip. Needs to be up under the bust, or at the natural waist.

LaRae

It's super flattering, and the lower belt/embellishments make the waist look smaller.

It makes her hips look even bigger than they are.

LaRae

It makes her hips look even bigger than they are.

LaRae

Not in my opinion because the embroidery is set on the top of the hip, so it is inversely tapered.

Also, for some of us, hips aren't a bad thing. That might be the Hispanic in me coming out.

Hips aren't a bad thing...however when you have bigger hips (or wide shoulders etc etc)you generally want to balance things out so everything is in porportion.

She looks out of balance/porportion.

Not all hispanics/latinas have big hips. :)

LaRae

I love this dress is perfect on Maxima. But the hair is not good at all.

Máxima at a conference in Milan, Italy, today, June 16, recycling a light-orange dress with a flower part she has worn several times during the last years:

** Full view ** Upper part ** Close up ** June 2006 **

She use it too in a photosoot, same years ago when she was in Argentina, but I can not find the photos! I think the lower belt it make her hips to look bigger! though her waist smaller!

It is an old dress, already worn in 2006, kudo's for the Queen that she still fits in this (ugly) dress. As stunning as she can look, as drab she -sadly- can look too...

:ermm:

This dress does still look nice even after almost ten years - where does she keep these things?! I like the colour and although I like the embellishments, I think smaller beading etc would update it quite nicely.
For me, the dress works better with a hat or might balance a little better with one of Maxima's large necklaces.

I love the color but the belt is awful.

The belt would be fine if there were not 8 inches of wrinkles below it. If she wants to wear things this snugly, she needs to give up the unforgiving silk and stick to fabrics that allow for a tight fit without gaps and crinkles.
We would forgive the hippy belt if the wrinkles did not scream "look at THIS!" IMHO.

:previous: I agree. I actually think the belt is very lovely HOWEVER it does take a special outfit for it to be shown properly. I agree about the wrinkles ... which I am noticing on a number of the royal ladies (it is that time of year). I guess they had better not sit down OR choose a different fabric. :cool:

Hips aren't a bad thing...however when you have bigger hips (or wide shoulders etc etc)you generally want to balance things out so everything is in porportion.

She looks out of balance/porportion.

Not all hispanics/latinas have big hips. :)

LaRae

We shall agree to disagree - I don't personally see anything wrong with the proportion.

Also, I LOVE this mustard color. I like this look.

It's been in December 2007, here's a pic of her wearing that dress at the photosession:

** December 2007 **

Thanks!!!!!:flowers: this is the photo I had in mind! she has her arm over her hips so here you can not see if that low belt make her wider! dress is nice!

I love the colors but not the print.

:I really love the dress the navy is lovely against the white.. lots of royal ladies wearing white wish I could as soon as I put it on I spill something /anything .. great envy of those who look fab in it ... Maxima does IMO

This dress i like it but i think she wore it very often lately if i remeber well.

Queen Mathilde looked better IMHO.

For me it was ex aequo but then Queen Máxima just "won" it with only the smallest possible difference. I 'rewarded' her for showing a beautiful old diamond broche with large silvergrey pearls from the Orange-Nassau collection. As usual Queen Mathilde showed little in that department, except for her earrings.

For the rest both ladies looked every inch a lady indeed, complete with hat, gloves, etc. as is my favorite blueprint for a royal lady.

:flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom