Queen Máxima's Daytime Fashion Part 6: November 2014 - May 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Had some described this outfit without my seeing a picture of it, I would have thought "too much red, saturation, post-box" because I can think of no one else who could wear bright red from top to toe including matching gloves, handbag, shoes and cape. But somehow (and I have no idea how!), Maxima manages to look sensational - and that one, small, perfectly placed moth brooch seems to bring it all together.

That dress is beautiful and the pin is great. WTG Max!

This is such a great look. I love the hat and shoes. The only thing I don't care for is the moth brooch.

Last edited:
The King with a smile from ear to ear. From day one he kissed the footsteps of his radiant spouse. You can clearly see that he simply enjoys to see his spouse going the full max. "Darling, show 'em you are the Queen, buy what you want to wear, blind them with the big diamonds, use our fantastic collections to amaze visitors and stun even world leaders when you receive them in one of those amazing splendid 17th C halls in one of our palaces!"

She really looks stunning the colour is amazing not sure about the hat ...but my that red is her signature colour as they say!

The King with a smile from ear to ear. From day one he kissed the footsteps of his radiant spouse. You can clearly see that he simply enjoys to see his spouse going the full max. "Darling, show 'em you are the Queen, buy what you want to wear, blind them with the big diamonds, use our fantastic collections to amaze visitors and stun even world leaders when you receive them in one of those amazing splendid 17th C halls in one of our palaces!"

I agree! Maxima looked beautiful in the red outfit.

Queen Máxima looking fantastic in red on the second day in Germany today, March 20:

** Full view ** Full view with cape ** Full view ** Upper part ** Upper part 2 **

First- Loved it.
(...)

Last edited by a moderator:
Duc et Pair - love your comment - I think that's exactly what W-A thinks everyday! Maxima likes to "go big" and she does it very, very well!

Wonderful red outfit and I do prefer this more hat-like turban.
The diamond hoops and pin manage to relieve the red.

The outfit the day before we won't even mention

Her first look in Germany was not to my taste at all, the colours were too dull and I'm not a fan of the skirt. However, I think her red dress she wore during her second day is amazing, though I'm not a fan of the turban, but since Maxima looked brilliant, I'll give the turban a pass. The gloves make the look trés chic, and I also like the brooch. In some photos, she can be seen not wearing the brooch, though I think that's because she took off her shawl.

Had some described this outfit without my seeing a picture of it, I would have thought "too much red, saturation, post-box" because I can think of no one else who could wear bright red from top to toe including matching gloves, handbag, shoes and cape. But somehow (and I have no idea how!), Maxima manages to look sensational - and that one, small, perfectly placed moth brooch seems to bring it all together.
You are quite right Jack, the secret really was in that "one, small, perfectly placed moth brooch". In Denmark the jewels were amazing, so too the different ensembles, but here Maxima has used colour to make exactly the same statement "I am a Queen"! And Duc, I think you nailed Willem Alexander's mindset. I think he is tickled to bits watching his wife stun everyone with the sheer force of her personality.

The lady certain did wear red!! I still can hardly believe it. Red, from the top of her head to the tips of her toes, red. Red hat, red cape, red dress, red gloves, red clutch and red shoes. Stunning!!

And, the biggest surprise of all . . . it worked!! I am all out of superlatives.

Last edited:
"Darn, where's that hairdresser from last week"

I like the overall look including the scarf and necklace. For alternative accessories, beige shoes and bag may have looked nice too.

These comments about Maxima's hair are so insulting to people with fine hair. Gosh, not everyone can have full, lush hair. And to suggest that the Queen needs to have someone professionally bouffant her hair every freaking day is ridiculous, especially since some of these are the same posters that complain about Catherine wearing her hair down and *gasp* move in the wind, or who complain that palace renovations of wiring and masonry is unreasonable.

The days of every hair being lacquered in place are over - actually, they were never here - we just didn't have the Internet.

An activity in the framework of the Orange Fund... that means the Queen looking like the neighbour-next-door asking for some sugar. As usual when it is about this sort of short "informative visits".

We have seen that when protocol requires so, Máxima immediately steps up. We could also see that Letizia does not (she left from Barajas Airport when the plane crash in France was not known, she wore the same clothes as during the arrival in Paris). An enormous difference between a Queen Máxima on State Visit and a Queen Letizia on State Visit.

Queen Máxima has no limit: she can always step up even more. She also has no bottom: she can fall through the ice, looking totally un-royal. Queen Letizia does not have these enormous differences, she remains her stylish self. I appreciate that, at the same time it is a pity she seldom does dress like a Queen. There is no "surprise element" in her appearances, let us say. But hey... we are talking about total different personalities and characters. Imagine every Queen looked the same? That would be boring...

Last edited:
A gorgeous shade of blue in the dress and the chunky necklace gives it a nice flair-she looks great!

I love the color- even love the necklace.

Love the dress, necklace and the shade of blue. The outfit would have looked better if she had worn nude shoes, I think.

It's indeed a fresh spring color but I find the fabric being textured and the print is a bit too much IMO. The hair is messy, how hard is it to put your hair up in a ponytail.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom