Queen Máxima's Daytime Fashion Part 5: September 2014 - November 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It will be interesting to see how the Princess of Orange develops her fashion style when she is older. Of-course, she is far too young at the moment for us to be thinking about it or commenting much, but I guess she will either take her mother's style to new extremes or go for the simple, straightforward look of her great-grandmother (in which case one can only imagine the conversations she will have with Queen Maxima about colours!).
Whatever happens, I have no doubt we will all enjoy many, many years of exciting, controversial fashion choices from the Dutch royal women!

It will be interesting to see how the Princess of Orange develops her fashion style when she is older. Of-course, she is far too young at the moment for us to be thinking about it or commenting much, but I guess she will either take her mother's style to new extremes or go for the simple, straightforward look of her great-grandmother (in which case one can only imagine the conversations she will have with Queen Maxima about colours!).
Whatever happens, I have no doubt we will all enjoy many, many years of exciting, controversial fashion choices from the Dutch royal women!

In fairness, over the years, the daughters-in-law of Queen Beatrix have provided us with plenty to talk about. Who can forget Mabel at Victoria's wedding in Sweden? What about Laurentien's many escapades? Max almost seems tame in comparison.

Last edited:
I thought the cheap(looking), plastic necklace made the outfit. BTW, my monitor shows the outfit as bronze. Bronze looks good, too.

Yes this plastic necklace could go to retirement awful !!!! Looks like a dog collar!!!! Hat gloves dress very nice hair superb!

It is no plastic necklace. It is made of wood with a shiny fineer and comes, like the dark burgundy shantung silk dress, from the House of Natan. The hat is from Fabienne Delvigne.

The bijoux are not designed by House of Natan itself. They give young designers the opportunity to sell their products in their shop too. It has been said the secret of Natan's success lies in that concept: from the dress to the bijoux, from the shoes to the purse, it is all available at House of Natan.

:flowers:

Pic: Mr Edouard Vermeulen, chief designer House of Natan, in his main store. Note the shoes, purses, hats on the background: http://www.madbrussels.be/website/images/dbfiles/3436/large.jpg

Last edited:

Today, October 17, Queen Máxima made a visit to a foundation in Doorn, recycling a Natan dress, we've seen on her before last year.

** Full view ** Upper part ** October 2013 **

Yesterday, October 16, at the Food and Agriculture Organisation (FAO) headquarters in Rome, Máxima wore a new Natan dress of the autumn/winter 2014 collection:

** Upper part ** Close up ** Natan **

Today's outfit looks like an Army uniform, no offense to the US. Army, but so no.
Yesterday's outfit was a big miss too.

Here's a rule - avoid blotchy green if you are going to an indoor event with old florescent or mercury vapor lighting.

I want those gold hoop earrings! I also think peridot is not the most flattering choice with Max's hair color and complexion, but I'd gladly take those earrings off her hands as well.

And (no critique to you Iceflower) if anyone come across links to the shoes she wore, please post a link. I'm always curious.

The green Natan dress is not bad at all but the green earrings are hideous. I also think the dress fit is unflattering.

I like both dresses...they are fun and not to overly formal for the events.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

They are both standard Maxima stuff nothing special though IMO

I think Max is a knockout in the "army" dress.

Today, October 17, Queen Máxima made a visit to a foundation in Doorn, recycling a Natan dress, we've seen on her before last year.

** Full view ** Upper part ** October 2013 **

Yesterday, October 16, at the Food and Agriculture Organisation (FAO) headquarters in Rome, Máxima wore a new Natan dress of the autumn/winter 2014 collection:

** Upper part ** Close up ** Natan **

It must be her pet topics (Orange Fund and sustainable finances) and yes...

The first visit was to project financed by the Orange Fund. The second visit was in the framework of financial sustainability in agricultural products. When you see the Queen so "underdressed" you can almost always be sure it is about one of her two pet topics. For some reasons she does not "updress" for these visits, which she really seems to regard as informative- and working visits and not as "royal" visits.

I rather liked Maxima's outfit she wore during the state visit with King Felipe and Queen Letizia. The colour suits her. I'm not a fan of her necklace but it adds to the 'Maxima' feel of the look, and only she manages to make loud clothing work. If Letizia and Maxima's outfits were reversed, they totally wouldn't work IMO.

Her outfit she wore during her visit to Doorn was alright. I like the shade of green but the pattern isn't really my cup of tea, and I would've preferred it if it were all that shade of green instead of green and black. Her shoes are nice too, but I do think her hairstyle looks a little unkempt, although having said that it looks as if it's blowing in the wind so I'm guessing it's just the weather that's giving me that impression.

Overall, I like the outfit she wore to Rome. Whilst I'm not as keen on her earrings, this dress really suits her and I like the black and white together in that pattern.

The green Natan dress is not bad at all but the green earrings are hideous. I also think the dress fit is unflattering.

Those green earrings look like Christmas ornaments, at least the kind they sell here in the U.S. - that color is especially popular for ornaments these days, that's what they remind me of.

:previous: Well called, Maxima should be reminded she has more than enough real bling to play with without trawling through the family's Christmas decorations.

(..)

Unfortunately, earrings that look like Christmas decorations are going to be included in fashion because they are not real bling.

But, nothing detracts from importance of the event.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like the green dress very much, and think the "christmas decorations" though not my cup of tea, work there.
The dress she wore to Rome is nice too, though I prefer the green one.

I like the green dress. Its a hard color to wear. Hair awful. When she wears it down like that I always think...man she needs her roots done!!!

It must be her pet topics (Orange Fund and sustainable finances) and yes...

The first visit was to project financed by the Orange Fund. The second visit was in the framework of financial sustainability in agricultural products. When you see the Queen so "underdressed" you can almost always be sure it is about one of her two pet topics. For some reasons she does not "updress" for these visits, which she really seems to regard as informative- and working visits and not as "royal" visits.

Guess what? We well and truly get it thanks to you. Especially since you can't seem to keep from explaining it to us every single freaking appearance of Maxima's since you joined the board. Give a rest please!!

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Queen Máxima at an audience with David Johnston, Governor General and Commander in Chief of the armed forces of Canada, and wife today, October 27, recycling the pink dress, many posters here disliked because of its strange cut ;)

** Full view ** Upper part ** September 2014 **

Last edited:
I usually like Queen Maxima's clothing, and even when it is not my kind of thing, I accept it because it is she who wears it, but this is absolutely something to throw away. Who is the designer? Blame him! Nothing for a Queen, even nothing to sleep in.

Queen Máxima at an audience with David Johnston, Governor General and Commander in Chief of the armed forces of Canada, and wife today, October 27, recycling the pink dress, many posters here disliked because of its strange cut ;)

Might it be a coincidence that the dress is stuck in her knickers yet again?

Last edited:

I like it better today than I did the first time. Love the color.

I didn't like it at any of the events. But esp. not for this one. She is meeting the GG of Canada, she is not attending an event on her daughters school. The front is curious indeed. Natan for sure.

To me, today it doesn't look like she has it folded in her underwear, like it did the last time!

With regard to this pink outfit, I was wondering if it might be better in a different, heavier silk material and a slightly longer length?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom