Queen Máxima's Daytime Fashion Part 5: September 2014 - November 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The orange Natan dress looks very summery, it suits Maxima perfectly! :flowers:

Another ugly Nathan dress with very similar previous design, she can do better

September 30, 2014 - Maxima in a beige dress matched with a yellow jacket and a matching hat.

The outfit idea and color combination is lovely but the dress is not flattering IMO.

Full view ** Close up

Wonderful, with hat and gloves, that is how a royal lady should appear at official events.

:flowers:

I actually like the bold colours, but just think she is quite over-dressed for the event which was actually the opening of a new museum for micro-organisms, named Micropi. If she wore this to Royal Ascot or the Trooping of the Colour or an event of the scale, it would have been fine.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like all the pieces except the hat, but not together IMO too shiny and then matte.

I actually like the bold colours, but just think she is quite over-dressed for the event which was actually the opening of a new museum for micro-organisms, named Micropi. If she wore this to Royal Ascot or the Trooping of the Colour or an event of the scale, it would have been fine.

It was an opening. When it is an opening, a christening, a first-stone-laying, a tree-planting, etc. then you will see Queen Máxima with hat, gloves et al. Also the Queen's Hofdame was wearing hat and gloves. See picture: http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Sep2014/PPE14093054.jpg

When it is "just" attending a symposium or visiting a project, it depends on the formality and the nature of the event. When it are her "pet topics" (Orange Fund, UN inclusive finances) the Queen will let it all hang out and appear informal.

Like the colour combination, the outfit is nice, minus the turban, Max looks lovely!:flowers:

i don't think the combination work each piece would look nice alone.
i like how she wore the turban:)

There is nothing good about this outfit and hat.........the colors are horrible on her, that hat if that is what it is, is hideous on her. This entire outfit is a big miss.......what was going through her mind I wonder.

don't like any of it either, hat, dress, jacket, fabrics or colors. Too much, too shiny

It was an opening. When it is an opening, a christening, a first-stone-laying, a tree-planting, etc. then you will see Queen Máxima with hat, gloves et al. Also the Queen's Hofdame was wearing hat and gloves. See picture: http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Sep2014/PPE14093054.jpg

When it is "just" attending a symposium or visiting a project, it depends on the formality and the nature of the event. When it are her "pet topics" (Orange Fund, UN inclusive finances) the Queen will let it all hang out and appear informal.

There are hat and glove event, and there are "go shiny" events. The latter is where the outfit, IMO, would be appropriate - christenings, weddings, celebrations, the Trooping (or equivalent). For other events where hats and gloves are still used, I would prefer to see a little more reserved dressing.

October 1, 2014 - Maxima today in a lovely grey outfit. The two shades of grey work very well and I do like the boxy fit of her top with the pants.

Full view ** Close up

I do like the top.

hm, veeery casual..... would like to know the Kind of Event
BYe Bine

I like the colors. I would have liked the dress if the print would have been more subtle.

I wish she would retire these shoes, sadly they seem to be a favorite.

I like the dress and hat - she can carry them off. Sadly, the shoes make her feet look like pig's trotters.

Like the dress hate the hat and agree the shoes are too small I think and yes pigs trotters good description sadly.

Love the dress and the earrings!!

There are hat and glove event, and there are "go shiny" events. The latter is where the outfit, IMO, would be appropriate - christenings, weddings, celebrations, the Trooping (or equivalent). For other events where hats and gloves are still used, I would prefer to see a little more reserved dressing.

Oh no, please don't ask Queen Maxima to dress in a more reserved way. I say she should dress up as high as she can, at any event she likes, with capes, turbans, shiny fabrics, bold colours and with as much flare and sparkle as she can muster!

I like the colors. I would have liked the dress if the print would have been more subtle.

I wish she would retire these shoes, sadly they seem to be a favorite.

not sure maxima and subtle go in the same sentence :ROFLMAO:

Looking amazing, as usual. My only complaint has to be those shoes, they are the same ones she wore to the opening of the parliament, right?

New dres is too tight all over, not too flattering. Love the hair and earrings

:previous::previous: Love the dress, love the accessories, love the way Max pushes the envelope and, you've gotta love it when she's "Dressed to the Max"! :cool:

i don't like the print but the rest look perfect except the shoes,loved the headpiece.

:previous: I love those naugty little peeptoes, they were sooooo cool sticking out from under a sedate (for Max) Court Dress. Daywear, not so much. ;)

Taste is in the eye of the beholder. However I applaud Queen Máxima for maintaining the "old rules": when there is some formality in the event, she dresses 'up', wearing a hat, gloves and in combination with jewels. With this she links more to the "old guard" (Queen Elizabeth II, the Duchess of Cornwall).

Her "colleagues" Queen Mathilde, Queen Letizia, Queen Rania often are hardly do differentiate as "The Queen" when standing in a group. Queen Máxima would never let that happen. In that sense she has had a good master in Queen Beatrix, who indeed maintained the old rule as well.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom