Queen Máxima's Daytime Fashion Part 5: September 2014 - November 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hm, I do not know about the AGREED Dress Code (if there was any).
But when WA and MAx visited Spain for THEIR Introductionary Visit last year it was bare-headed. No hats.
BYe Bine

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe Spain doesn not have a code for hats! I really would have liked it both ladies in hats, in this case it does not look good one with hat and not the other, should had been some kind of communication in the issue

I really dislike the necklace and the leather gloves. Other than that, the outfit works.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love this new outfit for the introductory visit from Spain and I do not mind the necklace and gloves - very nice colours for Autumn! Going back to the necklace, I wonder whether it might have been better slightly smaller and as a kind of collar necklace all the way round?

I don't mind the fact that Queen Maxima is wearing a hat and Queen Letizia is not - both queens are wearing exactly what they would normally wear for such a visit - a huge hat for one and no hat at all for the other.

Bine221 mentions that Maxima did not wear a hat for the visit to Spain and I wonder whether this was related to the heat or windy conditions at the airport? Maybe she didn't wear a hat knowing Letizia never does and perhaps Letizia ought to have worn one this time round. Nonethless both women look lovely.

I really dislike the necklace and the leather gloves. Other than that, the outfit works.

I love this new outfit for the introductory visit from Spain and I do not mind the necklace and gloves - very nice colours for Autumn! Going back to the necklace, I wonder whether it might have been better slightly smaller and as a kind of collar necklace all the way round?

I don't mind the fact that Queen Maxima is wearing a hat and Queen Letizia is not - both queens are wearing exactly what they would normally wear for such a visit - a huge hat for one and no hat at all for the other.

Bine221 mentions that Maxima did not wear a hat for the visit to Spain and I wonder whether this was related to the heat or windy conditions at the airport? Maybe she didn't wear a hat knowing Letizia never does and perhaps Letizia ought to have worn one this time round. Nonethless both women look lovely.

I agree, the outfit is lovely and very event appropriate. The colours are perfect for the time of year, and very in this year.

She looks great and she outshines Letizia with her outfit, simply more eyecatching and extravagant.

But you are right, the dresscode should have been communicated between the 2 Royal Houses beforehand.

BYe Bine

IMO Max looks every inch a Queen, maybe most of it is down to her personality, she outshines everyone incl Letizia, who looks like an assistant and not a peer. The outfit is very regal, the 'necklace' is very Maxima or rather Wilma Flintstone, but it fits her style, love it or hate it.

She looks great and she outshines Letizia with her outfit, simply more eyecatching and extravagant.

But you are right, the dresscode should have been communicated between the 2 Royal Houses beforehand.

BYe Bine

I think it is communicated: when Queen Máxima came to Spain for the Introduction Visit, she wore no hat and no gloves, very against her usual standard for this sort of events. But this was Spain. The Queen adapted to her hosts.

Doña Letizia came to the Netherlands. It is widely known that the Scandinavians, the Dutch and the British observe a strict dresscode with hats and gloves. Just a peep in the magazines could have hinted Doña Letizia that she should go a level higher in formality.

Maybe it wrecks here that Doña Letizia has no five or six Hofdames at her disposal who check-doublecheck everything?

I love it and only Maxima could get away with that neckalce I love the colour and the hat is stunning

Max looking like a queen...Lettie looking like a shopgirl. Too bad, really.

I didn't like Queen Maxima's kyrponite like necklace and minus that her outfit was good and the colour suit QM.

Doña Letizia is perfectly correct styling of the Queen of Spain. I think they both look good with Maxima winning for pizzazz. But I prefer the bright red of Letizia's outfit.

I loved all the photos today.

I loved Max's shoe choice! I thought both outfits were typical of the ladies who wore them. Both glam, suitable, pretty.

But I loved Letizia's "I got this" grin. It just made my day. It's been fun to see Letizia step into the role of queen with her fashion. Max was always there. But Letizia has stepped it up, and she own it.

Last edited:
I rarely like anything that Maxima wears. She just looks gaudy to me. I wish she would go for simple elegance.

Maxima was looked absolutely glamorous. I loved the deep, rich colour of her outfit, very fall, very in at the moment (Rania, and Letizia have worn this shade of burgundy quite recently as well).
And even though everything was very matchy matchy, it all seemed to work together perfectly.

Some details of Maxima's hat, hair, shoes and bag

*Images have been heavily cropped, comprising less than 20% of the original versions, and are not subject to copyright

Attachments

• CLUTCH.jpg
    CLUTCH.jpg
    158.8 KB · Views: 163
  • hat.jpg
    hat.jpg
    202.1 KB · Views: 149
  • SHOES.jpg
    SHOES.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 156
I guess I am in the minority to say that I thought max looked pretty terrible and I agree with the gaudy adjective I loved the color of the ensemble and the hairdo,and the diamond earrings, but the terrible tight cut of the bodice, the shoulders, the bustline, the wrong height of the peplum, made her look quite huge. The awful crow feathers necklace was simply the endPlus the shiny was all too fussy and overdone and not classy.How could you fault letitzia with her perfect posture, red dress with sparkles and those ruby earrings?
I didn't know it was a competition

Last edited:
IMO Max looks every inch a Queen, maybe most of it is down to her personality, she outshines everyone incl Letizia, who looks like an assistant and not a peer. The outfit is very regal, the 'necklace' is very Maxima or rather Wilma Flintstone, but it fits her style, love it or hate it.
Willem-Alexander chose well when he chose Maxima. She is just so very Latin American, almost larger than life. The maxim "Go big or go home" could have been created just for her.

While I don't always like her style, I appreciate her ability to change step, so to speak. She is at the UN and she's all business and she's dressed for it. She is carrying out royal duties and her dress, love it or hate it, is always appropriate to the occassion. She is a credit to her husband and to to people of her adopted country.

Max looking like a queen...Lettie looking like a shopgirl. Too bad, really.
Ouche! Isn't it great that this is one occassion where we can fairly assess the presentation of the two Queens because they are "the occassion" and it really is "all about them".

Agree 100%. Maxima is the cat's meow. ;) Love the hat!
Cat's meow? I haven't heard that expression in years but it exactly fills the bill.

And the hat? Terrific!

Last edited:
Queen Maxima looked amazing. I love the head to toe burgundy! Every inch the queen she is. She definitely pulled off the outfit nicely.

[...] It's been fun to see Letizia step into the role of queen with her fashion. Max was always there. But Letizia has stepped it up, and she own it.

What exactly was Doña Letizia's steppuing up into the role of Queen with her fasihion? I missed that yesterday?

I guess I am in the minority to say that I thought max looked pretty terrible and I agree with the gaudy adjective I loved the color of the ensemble and the hairdo,and the diamond earrings, but the terrible tight cut of the bodice, the shoulders, the bustline, the wrong height of the peplum, made her look quite huge. The awful crow feathers necklace was simply the endPlus the shiny was all too fussy and overdone and not classy.How could you fault letitzia with her perfect posture, red dress with sparkles and those ruby earrings?
I didn't know it was a competition

Well I am also in the minority with thinking that Max looked to made up and over the top for me, the hat was the only saving grace on her, and the colors, the dress, totally wrong fit for her, that peplum made her look huge and that is not a good thing for any woman, that whatever around her neck, cheap trash necklace you can buy in any dime store here, I have seen things like that on young girls with matching earrings and it is plastic junk, not fashion forward at all. Her shoes, 2 different colors, gray and plum..........not a good look at all. She over does it at times, and the saying goes, less is more...........in her case so very true today. Queen Letizia, was the best dressed, the color so suits her, and yet she could have used a small pillbox hat and brooch to pull the look together. Love her dress, the color, the ruby earrings where to die for, wow nice going on those, yet I am not a fan of embroidery on clothes. Max had to much going on and Letizia didn't have enough going on.......

:previous:
Every other woman may look big next to Letizia.... :whistling:;) :p
I agree, that a plastic necklace may not have been the Optimum Kind of "jewelry" next to another Queen...
BYe Bine

I rarely like anything that Maxima wears. She just looks gaudy to me. I wish she would go for simple elegance.

Ah, but then she would not be Max. They all have a style of their own. Imagine how dull it would be if they all dressed to the same taste. The differences between them are one of the things I appreciate. Imagine a royal wedding where everyone had the same taste. Eeeks - we would have so much less to post about on the forums.

And their people might not like it if they all had the same thing going on. Spain has different concerns just now than Sweden does. And the people of those countries expect different things of their royal ladies. It shows both in dress and in their approaches to royal appearances. And finally, it shows in the different generations in royal families. I like the small diversity I see.

I loved everything- the hat, the outfit, color, except the horrendous necklace.

Yes this plastic necklace could go to retirement awful !!!! Looks like a dog collar!!!! Hat gloves dress very nice hair superb!

Ah, but then she would not be Max. They all have a style of their own. Imagine how dull it would be if they all dressed to the same taste. The differences between them are one of the things I appreciate. Imagine a royal wedding where everyone had the same taste. Eeeks - we would have so much less to post about on the forums.

And their people might not like it if they all had the same thing going on. Spain has different concerns just now than Sweden does. And the people of those countries expect different things of their royal ladies. It shows both in dress and in their approaches to royal appearances. And finally, it shows in the different generations in royal families. I like the small diversity I see.

Oh I do agree with everything you have said. It is worth remembering who Queen Maxima's mother-in-law is and I am quite sure Maxima will have taken some inspiration from her - less is not always more!

Oh I am not so sure! Most other female royals are going for simple elegance...one gaudy queen is fun!! :ROFLMAO:

:previous: Max is certainly a worthy sucessor to Beatrix in the fashion stakes and I for one enjoy her joie de vivre. It seems almost contageous when she is around and I look forward to her brightening my days with her sartorial forays.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom