Queen Máxima's Daytime Fashion Part 5: September 2014 - November 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Metallic and sparkles on shoes should be saved for evening. Just my opinion. I'm an old fogey (and you do not have to agree with me, OK?)

That dress is pure Max. And the headband is too. Good for her.

Maxima's style from day 1 of the Japanese visit:

*Images have been heavily cropped, comprising less than 20% of the original versions, and are not subject to copyright

. A great look in a shade of orange for Queen Máxima on day 1 of the state visit to Japan today, October 29:

** Full view **

The picture above is excellent. An example of lighting and angle is all! ;) I'll give it to Maxima, she is daring.

Oh I am enthralled! Orange and gold are very auspicious colours to wear especially for a state visit to Japan, where seasonal themes are very important. These colours reflect the Autumn leaves and of course orange is worn by the Emperor during the enthronement!

The design for Maxima's outfit is beautiful and there is a very subtle hint of the kimono with the cross-over design of the bodice.

Jacknch, your review of her ensemble is riveting! I feel I must publicly commend you. :flowers:

However, it does not survive close scrutiny by the camera under adverse lighting. I wonder what the impression was in person. Kudos to Maxima for derring-do!

Wow! Maxima looks great. I love the color, style & the overall look of her outfit!

Máxima looking great in green on day 2 of the state visit to Japan, October 30:

** Full view ** Full view 2 ** Upper part ** Upper part 2 ** Hat ** September 2013 **

She looks lovely. I love the color combination.

A great look in a shade of orange for Queen Máxima on day 1 of the state visit to Japan today, October 29:

** Full view ** Upper part ** Upper part/Side view ** Close up ** Upper Part/Back view **

What stunning dress! I love the color and the style. That shade of orange is exquisite. The hat is also elegant. What a great start of the visit.

Love the green color and the jewelry accents. (New earrings)? I dont like the fit. It makes her look bigger than she is. I hate tight clothes. Fitted is nice but not tight. Im showing my age!!!!

Green peplum dres is a wonderful shade and the burgundy hat and shoes are a terrific accent. The dress is a canvas for the gorgeous brooch. Skirt length is perfect for her but the obvious seam right down the front of the bodice, I gasped! Also the way the waist is too high and the bust is not fitted properly makes me think itis a creation of the dreaded n! It is overall too tight and designed for someone with no hips, like most of his work, not for her.

Green peplum dres is a wonderful shade and the burgundy hat and shoes are a terrific accent. The dress is a canvas for the gorgeous brooch. Skirt length is perfect for her but the obvious seam right down the front of the bodice, I gasped! Also the way the waist is too high and the bust is not fitted properly makes me think itis a creation of the dreaded n! It is overall too tight and designed for someone with no hips, like most of his work, not for her.

I'm thinking that dread of all female travelers - additional water retention post flight played a part here. ;)

Hehe, well spotted Frelinghighness, the green outfit is indeed a creation of the dreaded N ;).

A lovely combination of a green and plum - Autumnal hues again, which I like very much!

Maxima looks great! I love that colour on her and even if I don't particularly like the hat, she manages to get away with it as it is very 'her'. Only Maxima (or perhaps Princess Beatrix too) can get away with larger hats such as this. Her latest outfit looks familiar - have we perhaps seen it before?

Her daytime fashion has impressed me so far during the Japanese state visit, if only the same could be said for her evening wear. It will be interesting to see the rest of her outfits during the visit.

Another great outfit. Great color combination.

** Full view ** Full view 2 ** Upper part ** Upper part 2 ** Hat ** September 2013 **

This outfit is essentially in the same style as the all-burgundy ensemble from the Spanish visit, the biggest difference being the fabric and the sleeve length. Maxima's using the same hat as well: comparison

A few close-ups

*Images have been heavily cropped, comprising less than 20% of the original versions, and are not subject to copyright

Last edited:
i loved the orange dress. the plisse was very lovely and feminine! it is by Mattijs van Bergen.

intersting colors combination it surprisingly work and Queen Maxima looks stunning.

On the third and final day of the state visit to Japan today, October 31, Máxima has recycled her outfit with the leather part:

** Full view ** Upper part ** Upper part 2 ** Close up ** April 2014 ** February 2014 **
not very flattering outfit i don't think suits Maxima figure.

Indeed, why Mr Vermeulen of Natan thinks it is a wise idea to accentuate the belly is a mystery to me. But then again, many things he does are a mystery.

-
The burgundy hat: it is the first time I see the end of the hat pins coming out of a hat. It appears to be the same hat that HM wore when the Spanish King and Queen were in The Hague.

The colours of the outfits of the queen are very suitable for autumn btw.

Last edited:
I don't like the dress, but I love the green and marroon colour-combination.

I don't think peplums flatter most women (unless perhaps they are rail-thin, and even so...).
Yet designers seem to adore them!

Marengo. I was noticing those pins as well. What a great shot for us!!!

I like the color combination Maxima has going on here, but I'm not a fan of the peplum. It makes her look wider. The shade of green however, is quite lovely.

I'm not sure I understand the comments about peplums because I can quite easily see Maxima's lovely figure beyond the peplum and obviously the additional material width caused by the peplum is not Maxima's body.....

Day three partial leather dress is truly dreadful. It is too tight, accentuates the stomach, the bust as usual doesn't fit and the colors are so ugly. She has worn this before and I wonder if she gets any helpful feedback as she repeats this dress and the weird pink one which seem to me to be disliked by everyone? Or maybe somebody likes this one?

:previous: What can I say that I loathed what she arrived in with an OMG her hair is a mess and meh for the beige/grey granny gear. If it was a private and not formal arrival then OK.

But with her first official engagement she went from meh to magnificent. The beige and jade ensemble is to die for. From the hat atop an elegant updo, the gorgeous pale jade earrings and multi-coloured jade(?) bracelet, to the fabulous 1950's inspired dress falling to just below knee length, the subtle change in shade from beige to jade and back again, to emphasise how feminine the dress is, she's on a winning streak.

Her accessories, as always on these formal visits, finish her ensemble with a distinctively 'Maxima' style and elegance. Needless to say, today's hat, wrap, clutch and shoes were perfect.

I loved the beautiful and subtle green theme moving through her jewelery with the pale green jade earrings and multi-coloured green jade bracelet complimenting the deepening and lightening green shading through the waist of her skirt. This also had the advantage of creating the illusion of an even smaller nipped in waist.

So, from top to toe she was 'Maxima', a woman set to impress.

Added: I forgot her gloves.

Last edited:
Her outfits in South Korea are pretty boring so far. She looked tired as well (can't blame her for that though)... but I love her clothes during her trip to Japan. A+

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom