Queen Máxima's Daytime Fashion Part 4: April 2014 - August 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Queen Máxima attended the D-Day commemoration to mark the allied invasion in Arromanches, France, today June 6, 2014, wearing a new Natan Couture dress combined with a very yellow jacket and a turban hat:

** Upper part ** Full view ** Close up ** Natan **

No offense, but she looks like Big Bird.
The way she's wearing the hat, looks like she dyed her hair yellow.
Like the skirt though.

Very unflattering the way the jacket is standing away from her body! And what's with those sleeves? The color is more appropriate for a happy occasion than for a Remembrance Day event, imho.

Very unflattering the way the jacket is standing away from her body! And what's with those sleeves? The color is more appropriate for a happy occasion than for a Remembrance Day event, imho.

This is not a solemn day of Remembrance. none of the Female heads of state/spouses wore dark/solemn colours. Blues, greens, white, yellow - dont select Maxima for criticism

This is not a solemn day of Remembrance. none of the Female heads of state/spouses wore dark/solemn colours. Blues, greens, white, yellow - dont select Maxima for criticism

As Cepe says, Queen Elisabeth was in fluo green, Mathilde in light blue, Catherine in bright blue, Maxiima in bright yellow. Yes, it was a day of Remembrance but also a day of joy for the veterans who survived and a day to remember what we have achieved since then.

Last edited:
I am just critiquing Maxima's outfit which is what this blog is about. I am not picking on her, as such. I realize that this is not a solemn occasion in the full sense of the word, but I simply don't care for the hot, bright color. I apologize if I offended anyone.

:whistling:What can one say about the big yellow bird? Do NOT like that jacket at all.....it looks to big for her, and that thing on her head again, get rid of those turbans(are they just for bad hair days?). The dress is nice in the Nathan picture, just not the way Max is wearing the outfit.

Oh dear this is awful and Natan of course totally horrible IMO and the turban I mean what is going on her why not one of the stunning styles she has been wearing of late I am really disappointed !!!

She looks today so beautiful♥♥♥♥

Max can pull off the colours but the outfit looks very overpowering / bulky on her. The dress looks pretty on the model.

Yellow is a very difficult color, imo. (Especially for a blonde).

I have less of a problem with the outfit than I do with the sunglasses! They're just so out of place as to be rather jarring. Not appropriate for the occasion at all.

The jacket is not in the correct size and the skirt of the dress could be a litte bit less rounded. Other than that, I don't mind the colour, pattern or the turban. Maxima always dresses like Maxima and she has enough personality to outshine whatever she wears.

.Queen Máxima attended the D-Day commemoration to mark the allied invasion in Arromanches, France, today June 6, 2014, wearing a new Natan Couture dress combined with a very yellow jacket and a turban hat:
** Upper part ** Full view ** Close up ** Natan **
I like this a lot. I like even more that she did not wear yellow shoes. That print is pretty.

I don't like the highlighter color!!

Oh dear this is awful and Natan of course totally horrible IMO and the turban I mean what is going on her why not one of the stunning styles she has been wearing of late I am really disappointed !!!
Oh dear, how sad . . . that yellow actually sears the retinas. Perhaps that is why she was wearing sunglasses, to cut down on the reflected glare?

With so very many absolute hits this really is a miss, big time. The jacket was somhow lumpy and stiff sticking out at odd angles unless of course the bulky sleeves exacerbated the effect.

But, having gone for a retro look, I wish she had carried it through to her sunglasses. Somehow aviator shades struck a really sour note.

I like this a lot. I like even more that she did not wear yellow shoes. That print is pretty.
Hmm, that's like having a bob each way. (not that I blame you) But once again I have to say that for good or ill this ensemble is very 'Maxima'.

I hate to differ, but the dress is ugly even on the model. I love Max, the outfit is terrible. If you are out in the sun, you should always wear sunglasses, It is never inappropriate. It is inappropriate to go out in the sun without them.

I don't like this look at all. It might have worked at a beach party...

Like others here, I'm not a fan of her latest outfit. For me, there are too many colours going on on her dress, and the yellow coat and hat/turban are a little loud for my taste. The outfit suits Maxima though, and you can easily spot her in a large crowd! ;)

Just saw the sunshades. So... no.

wow, i'm speechless... that gown and that cape are breathtaking!

Last edited by a moderator:
Too much like a costume, I think.

Wow! She looks spectacular! Gorgeous!

Any shots without the cape? My goodness it's really beautiful!

Utterly breathtaking! I hope we see this enchanting ensemble again at a state dinner with full compliment of jewels and tiara!

Utterly breathtaking! I hope we see this enchanting ensemble again at a state dinner with full compliment of jewels and tiara!

I hope we do - not the usual family wedding outfit is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom