Queen Máxima's Daytime Fashion Part 4: April 2014 - August 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:whistling::whistling::whistling:Oh dear what was she thinking or who was not thinking should be the case............maybe is the bow was smaller, not so darn long, nothing wrong with bows at any age, just the size. I like the dress and a nice small black bow would be okay, get that thing out of her hair, what the heck is that.......sure isn't a hat.....and the shoes I do like, the color of the dress with black is pretty yet not very spring like not for summer. Who is dressing her these days, just saw pictures of her doing something and she had on a wrinkled pants suit with a whatever flower thing on top of her head like a band that children would wear with flowers on it and the entire outfit was one color and she and the outfit blends into one and the same...............gads, how ugly. I go to Royal Hats blog and check out the hats each day for I love hats............great ones and then some...no answer for! Where is the happy glamour queen in the pretty colors?

Agree dare I say the Chanel bag is horrible as well .. it's all too much has she gone mad!!!

Queen Máxima opened the new premises of Unipro bv in Haaksbergen, today, May 16, wearing a new dress in green - she looks fresh, nice and also a bit funny - together with the hat a bit like being taken from a fresh, green spring garden herself ;)

** Full view ** Upper part 1 ** Upper part 2 ** Upper part 3 **

A bit funny indeed... She is going overboard: all accessories match, the hat is whimsical, the dress is whimsical ánd bright green, big earrings, a strong tan, lots of make-up, and too little support in the middle. It suits her personality but it doesn't give a picture of understated elegance. Anyway, we should count our blessings: the hair is up, it is certainly not the worst outfit of her (busy) week ánd who else could look so excited while visiting a factory that makes floor systems?

Last edited:
The dress minus the hat or the hat with a less colorful outfit, but not both. She in Maxima and she keeps up on our toes, that's for sure. Gotta love that smile though.

What do you think? Are the earrings made of peridot chips or glitter or something else?

:whistling::whistling::whistling::whistling::whistling:Here we go again with Max and her clothes, the dress is not the best style for her, it doesn't look like it fits well or something. I don't mind the color, she is a colorful lady and queen. The hat, yikes, now who put that on her head and even though it matches the shoed, that is not a good hat at all. Her smile is her biggest and brightest crowning glory, her personality is just unbelievable and such a joy to see.............I really like her and sometimes her clothing choices make me see red. Get rid of the hat and shoes, make the dress fit more to her figure, with top draping and the bottom draping there is too much going on................just use one drap and the earrings, no no no. Look like little girl's plastic earrings.

Wondering if some of these queens wear clothes that are bold and bright and over the top so that they will be seen in a crowd of people..................

that outfit is so matchy-matchy it hurts my eyes :) i would love it if it wasn't for the head bow which just makes it too much. thank godness maxima can charm her audience only by her discussion ability, or otherwise her hosts would be slightly disappointed today :)

Just unbelievable this is so awful the dress colour is fine the style does nothing for her and the hat OMG .. no matter how much is written the question remains wht was she thinking and I do beleive Maxima does think unlike some CP's ... but the last week or so is back to her "old ways" the horror of it ... IMO

I love the colour of her first dress, but think the bows are a bit much. roseroyal, that was my thought too - perhaps she's trying to channel Mabel? Or maybe the dress is a loan from her. ;) I find the bow on her hair to be a little childish. It would look great on one of the AAA's though!

The green dress is a little bright for me, but it looks good on Maxima and is very "her". Not sure what the hat is supposed to be, my first thought was lips in an odd shape, but now I have my doubts... :ohmy:

She is beginning to look like a cartoon figure with all of her over the top outfits. Not very Queen-like lately.

Queen Máxima opened the new premises of Unipro bv in Haaksbergen, today, May 16, wearing a new dress in green - she looks fresh, nice and also a bit funny - together with the hat a bit like being taken from a fresh, green spring garden herself ;)

** Full view ** Upper part 1 ** Upper part 2 ** Upper part 3 **
Need sunglasses for that one!:lol: and the hat... very Maxima.

Oh, it is Máxima, only she gets away with it. But... she wore a hat, she had matching gloves (later in her purse), she came with an Audi with her personal standard waving, there was a Hofdame in her slipstream, a military Aide-de-Camp also, the Mayor was out with his silver chain of office, she was offered a bouquet of flowers, so it was every inch The Queen making her entrée. In contrary to other Benelux royals as Queen Mathilde, Grand Duchess Maria Teresa and Princess Stéphanie, she at least does an effort to dress up. Succesful or not, taste is in the eye of the beholder, of course.

Last edited:

Máxima attended an inaugural lecture at the International Institute of Social Studies in Den Haag today, May 20, recycling a Natan dress:

** Full view ** Upper part ** Close up ** September 2013 ** June 2013 ** May 2012 **

I think this is one of her better Natan dresses. I don't really care for the shiny fabric of the dress. I wish her hair was styled differently or at least pulled into a ponytail which doesn't require a hairdresser to do, it looked messy today.

Agree this is a better dress of his .. she looks really lovely and I love the earrings.

Very pretty dress, but what's with the messy hair lately?

When it is about engagements surrounding her most favourite organizations as the Orange Fund or the Prince Claus Fund (which was behind today's event), Queen Máxima always tend to dress down.

The Orange Fund is aimed at initiatives to encourage social cohesion in neighbourhoods. The Prince Claus Fund is aimed at development cooperation. The late Prince Claus himself once demonstratively threw away his tie and urged the Westerners to break free and discover the Third World.

When the King or Queen attend these events, they are notably lower in dresscode and protocol, probably they see this in line with the "just around the corner" working field of the Orange Fund and "step down from your high position" in contacts with the Third World. Just my guess.

:flowers:

Last edited:
Agree that this is one of Natan's better dresses, but as others have said, her hair is just a mess!

:previous:

Indeed, very lovely!

The dress she wears is a recycled one by Natan, but in the past she mostly wore it together with the matching coat:

** June 2013 ** May 2012 **

For the "Appeltjes van Oranje 2014'' award ceremony Máxima changed into a new orange dress:

** Full view ** Full view 2 ** Upper part **

Last edited:
:flowers:Indeed she looked quite lovely today and her hair was perfection itself, so much better then the day before. This look is more polished and chic on her.

What a pretty hairstyle.

The hairstyle is often the breaker or the winner. The most beautiful outfit can become ruined by an horrendous hairstyle befitting a scarecrow. The most mediocre outfit can get a boost because the lady wearing it looks every inch poised with a perfect hairstyle.

I hoped that Queen Máxima would keep up the higher standard, also for her pet topics (Oranje Fonds or Prins Claus Fonds) where protocol is not important. In the years since her engagement, it has not been different. Máxima is Máxima and she does it her way. Maybe that is also refreshing: she does not let herself be dictated by stylists wanting to mould her into a pre-fab personality.

By the way, Queen Máxima probably will wear three outfits today:
- in the morning the ECSITE Congress at the World Forum in The Hague
- in the aftermoon the awarding of the Apples of Orange at Noordeinde Palace in The Hague
- in the evening a concert for the 150th Anniversary of the Koninklijke Sophia's Vereeniging (a symphonic wind orchestra) in the province of Brabant

Last edited:
I love the colour combinations of the first dress. They're bright and cheerful and suit Maxima. Not a huge fan of her hairstyle though, I think it's a little messy around her parting. Her second outfit is nice too, although I'm not so keen on the darker pink lines. They ruin the dress a little for me.

Nice hairstyles but i am not a fan of the giant fake earrings in the last few outfits.

Hair tidy and neatly styled .. dress too pink IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom