Queen Máxima's Daytime Fashion Part 4: April 2014 - August 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just adore Queen Maxima! She is such a bright, sparkling woman and her dress for Koningsdag reflects that! Hopefully we will see the dress again, maybe with some additional/different accessories, because the little coloured pieces to the dress could allow for some interesting extras! Practically any shaped hat will go well with the dress.

Really nice outfit for the King's Day. I don't mind the turban-hat though I don't like the back view of it.

I love the Kings Day dress the turban/hat is a horror IMO but I thought the dress really suited her and was very flattering and I reall ydon't like Natan at all.

Thanks Duke. Our Maxi is magnificent!!!

They have certainly chosen the best of her outfits thanks goodness they are my favourites I have to say.

Elegant and regal. Perfect look for the solemn occasion.

The outfit is very pretty and very elegant but the turban ruins it for me. A proper wide brim hat or headpiece would've been much nicer.

Maxima looks elegant and sophisticated. I actually think the turban looks alright with the outfit, even though I don't usually like them.

Queen Máxima looked very stylish. The cape-like coat and the use of a beautiful diamond crescent brooch, the turban, the black gloves, it all gave her a distinctive look as Queen.

overall look is nice great outfit for the event,still i am not fan of that jacket.

I like Maxima's Natan dress for the first King's Day today

Koningsdag 2014 | ModekoninginMaxima.nl

I do not like turban hats either, but for events like King's Day, mingling with the enormous crowds, watching demonstrations of sports, singing, dance and arts, interacting with the cheering, applauding and singing, this was probably the most practical and the public cold see the Queen very well.
Wouldn't you know it, Maxima hit the mark perfectly for her first Kings Day ensemble as Queen. From the top of her head with it's distinctive turban and elegant updo and using her gorgeous aqumarine earrings to segue effortlessly into the glorious blue patterned and shine of her dress. Her nude stockings and matching belt, clutch and shoes were the perfec finish.

http://cache2.asset-cache.net/gc/48...Fa19RcF1v1cUNbLkbdQZZBqU8wetJsrNJ1iAi+3aLIA==

:previous: I have to admit to not being a fan of the Turban but, as Duc pointed out, it allowed the public to see her face and wouldn't it have been a shame to hide all that sunshine.

Queen Máxima in black at Remembrance Day in Amsterdam today, May 4:

** Full view ** Upper part ** Turban **
I am not over thrilled with her beret styled turban and think it would definitely look better will an updo, but the black cape is fabulous and I love her barely black stockings and shoes. They look far better than the black tights with black shoes she has been wearing of late. The addition of gloves lifts the ensemble to very formal.

This is a difficult ensemble to rate as the occasion calls for a dignified look which I think Maxima has pulled of with elan. Her beautiful diamond crescent brooch and hoop earrings are the perfect touch. Elegant but restrained. However, it is also somewhat of a serious and emotional day and Maxima looks to be feeling it's weight.

Queen Máxima during a visit to the region Achterhoek, wearing a nice new skirt and a blouse - I'm not too excited about the turban-hat, but besides that it's a very nice and elegant look:

** Full view ** Upper part 1 ** Upper part 2 ** Upper part 3 ** Hat/Turban **

The three pieces just don't go together. I love her turbans as much as anyone but she's been wearing a lot of them lately.

On the other hand, great hair!!

Pretty outfit but the turban is a miss though I do like what she's done with her hair under the turban.

Last edited:

Queen Máxima during a visit to the region Achterhoek, wearing a nice new skirt and a blouse - I'm not too excited about the turban-hat, but besides that it's a very nice and elegant look:

** Full view ** Upper part 1 ** Upper part 2 ** Upper part 3 ** Hat/Turban **

I think this is a very elegant look for Maxima. I agree all the elements may be "separates", but they all work well and the overall look is very well put together.

No matter what Queen Máxima wears, in contrary to other royal ladies of her generation she always tries to wear a hat, gloves, when needed nice eyecatching bijoux, always arrives with her personal distinctive standard waving on her car, with Hofdames (=ladies in waiting) in her slipstream. She keeps up the standard and I applaud her for doing so. Also today the Queen did upheld her status. Of course the one say it will more to someone's taste than the other. For me, the Queen looked very nice for a sunny day in May.

:flowers:
Pic: Queen Máxima and Hofdame Anna Magdalena Crince le Roy - van Munster van Heuven arrive at the Lely Campus, both following the etiquette (hat and gloves et al):

Source: Royalpress
https://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/dpp-eu-1/1/1455352eab76304f41091112503.jpg

Last edited:
Perfection to Queen Max. Love this elegant skirt. Blouse is a stunning color as well as turban. Earrings...yum!!

I'm not a fan of this outfit. The separates just don't go together. I like her in turbans as it keeps her hair looking nice, but this one isn't my favorite. Still I like it better than those huge hats she wears. Love the way she finishes off her looks with stylish gloves.

I'm not a fan of this outfit. The separates just don't go together. I like her in turbans as it keeps her hair looking nice, but this one isn't my favorite. Still I like it better than those huge hats she wears. Love the way she finishes off her looks with stylish gloves.
I love this outfit. I think it's the colour of the top and all those accessories . . . matching hat, clutch, shoes . . . and gloves. How wonderfully elegant she looks with her gloves. It is absolutely the perfect finishing touch.

One thing I noticed about Queen Beatrix (and Princess Beatrix for that matter), she always looks perfectly "finished", moreso I think think than any of her contemporaries. It looks very much like Queen Maxima is trying very hard to attain the same standard. It is not an easy one to nail but it is more than enough to keep me checking out this thread to see how she's shaping up.

I'm not so keen on the skirt's material, but Maxima looks elegant and the outfit suits her. I can understand it's appeal.

The skirt is very casual the look is not supposed to be as far as I cam tell.. I like them as separates .. together not great .. the hat thing NO COMMENT.

:previous:

I don't mind the hair ;), but I had hoped not to see today's outfit again:

Máxima at the launch of a fundraising campaign in Den Haag today, May 12, wearing a recycled black and white Natan coat (she also owns a matching dress) and an orange-red dress:

** Full view ** Upper part ** January 2011 ** June 2010 ** April 2010 **

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom