Queen Máxima's Daytime Fashion Part 3: November 2013 - April 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, the coat and the outfit dont match. The coat is too casual, I dont find Nathan's outfit too bad, have seen worse.

WA's suit, lol. And his hair, he is transforming into Donald Trump.

For the New Year's reception for the foreign diplomats in Amsterdam today, January 15, Máxima has recycled the Natan outfit of blouse and skirt she had worn during the official visit in Stockholm last October:

** Full view ** Upper part ** Upper part 2 ** October 2013 ** Natan **

I like the colour combination and accessories of the last couple of outfits worn by Queen Maxima, but it is ashame there are not more photos available for the first outfit to get a proper look!
The King does like his navy suits doesn't he!

Although I don't like the outfit all that much, she looks the part. The outfit looks much better on the Natan website, without the shiny skirt. It is tempting to 'blame' Vermeulen for these shiny materials, as he makes these items. But his other protege, the Belgian queen, doesn't seem to wear them too often. So it must be Queen Máxima's own taste.
Nice that the Queen added an extra brooch on her waist. These new pink stones have become favourites of her.

Duke of Marmelade said:
he is transforming into Donald Trump.

Let's hope that he will stay away from Eastern European women in Sochi then ;). WA's clothing and style has been recently critisized in several (light) TV programmes btw. Over the years WA's suits became larger and larger, soon he will be wearing tents. Nobody expects him to dress like his cousin Maurits, which may be too flashy and too tight for a head of state. But there should be a middle of the road option between that and this. But I don't think he will change his look, which is good for him.

Last edited:
Although I don't like the outfit all that much, she looks the part. The outfit looks much better on the Natan website, without the shiny skirt. It is tempting to 'blame' Vermeulen for these shiny materials, as he makes these items. But his other protege, the Belgian queen, doesn't seem to wear them too often. So it must be Queen Máxima's own taste.
Nice that the Queen added an extra brooch on her waist. These new pink stones have become favourites of her.

Let's hope that he will stay away from Eastern European women in Sochi then ;). WA's clothing and style has been recently critisized in several (light) TV programmes btw. Nobody expects him to dress like his cousin Maurits, which may be too flashy and too tight for a head of state. But there should be a middle of the road possibility between that and this. But I don't think he will change his look, which is good for him I guess.

I like this outfit on Maxima very much. Shoes were better at the previous outing.

IMO WA looks really scruffy or unkempt at times, Beatrix was alway impeccable, liking her style or not. Yes, there should be a way inbetween.

Hated the shiny trousers and jacket combo from first reception.

Todays today the blouse and skirt is very elegant and more better suited for a Queen

Those satin pants are so out of fashion and not very flattering all. I don't know why she wears such stiff, bulky fabrics. They make her look larger than she is. Take the last outfit for example, the blouse is lovely. She should've paired it with a simpler, less flashy skirt.

The blue shiny pants and brown top are simply awful, maybe suitable for a maternity more casual outfit. Although I adore the aquqmarines, they are a little too dressy for this outfit.
The second outfit, a repeat, is very nice but almost nobody could look good in that skirt. Agree that the top and bottom of that outfit are too much. One or the other.

I like the outfit, just not on Maxima.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't like the first outfit, my reaction to those blue trousers was: :eek:. They remind me of trousers that might've been worn to a 70's disco. I defiantly prefer the second outfit. The colours are lovely and it's very reminiscent of the Edwardian period, I've always thought that dresses looked simple and elegant then.

I agree about the blue trousers, not a fan of that outfit. Although I will say that I like the way that she coordinated the colored stones of her jewelry with the trousers, very chic. The 2nd outfit is nice. The blouse is very fun and would look great with a long black skirt as well for an evening at the opera.

There is a 50s theme this week. She just needs a couple poodles on this skirt. :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
i´m a big fan of that pale pink outfit, now and the first time i have seen it.

For the visit of French president François Hollande today, January 20, Máxima has recycled the elegant Natan dress she had worn for the celebrations marking the 200-year anniversary of the Kingdom of the Netherlands last November:

Her hair is not bad today, still I liked the outfit better with the put-up hairdo.

** Upper part ** Full view ** November 2013 **

I agree. I think this outfit is very classy and Maxima chose approriate shoes. I am not to excited about the trumpet sleeve style, its all a bit much, but it suits Maxima. Everyone else would look ridiculous in it :cool:

Maxima can pull such sleeves off and the dress looked good on her.Her overall appearance was simple and elegant.

Maxima can pull such sleeves off and the dress looked good on her.Her overall appearance was simple and elegant.

Yes I agree simple and elegant and the colour also really suited Her Majesty.A good look on Maxima,but might not work on anyone else!

For the visit of French president François Hollande today, January 20, Máxima has recycled the elegant Natan dress she had worn for the celebrations marking the 200-year anniversary of the Kingdom of the Netherlands last November:

Her hair is not bad today, still I liked the outfit better with the put-up hairdo.

** Upper part ** November 2013 **

I think the outfit is very nice, and very Maxima. The aquamarine brooch looks lovely as well.

What I am probably critical of are the visible nipples, both this morning and when the ensemble was last used. . Come on, she is the Queen, she is in an expensive dress that was probably made for her specially, it may be cold, but can she be dressed in something that perhaps provides a bit more privacy?

I just adore the brooch and earrings I just don't like the gloves and those sleeves but I love the clolour on her and the hair as siad is at least tamed and the hat is cute.

I think the outfit is very nice, and very Maxima. The aquamarine brooch looks lovely as well.

What I am probably critical of are the visible nipples, both this morning and when the ensemble was last used. . Come on, she is the Queen, she is in an expensive dress that was probably made for her specially, it may be cold, but can she be dressed in something that perhaps provides a bit more privacy?

I agree.

This dress is so badly made, Natan should be ashamed. Heavy satin never "gathers" well and therefore the material sticks out; the sleeves dont sit properly and wrinkle ( her left sleeve, right as you look at it) is v bad. Lots of errors. I'd send it back. Why do people accept such poor workmanship.

This dress is fantastic and she looks amazing once again. I prefer the hair this time.

Oh dear, that is right perhaps the queen was not aware! that is unfortunate, the color of the dress is so beautiful (although I dislike those sleeves :ermm:)

I agree.

This dress is so badly made, Natan should be ashamed. Heavy satin never "gathers" well and therefore the material sticks out; the sleeves dont sit properly and wrinkle ( her left sleeve, right as you look at it) is v bad. Lots of errors. I'd send it back. Why do people accept such poor workmanship.
I fully agree with you. The cloth/material and the style of a piece do not match well in a fair number of Natan's creations worn by his royal clients. Furthermore, some materials such as the satin in question or raw silk are not properly pressed/fitted and stick out awkwardly.

Last edited:
I just adore the brooch and earrings I just don't like the gloves and those sleeves but I love the clolour on her and the hair as siad is at least tamed and the hat is cute.

I am afraid I agree in relation to the gloves. Max might need a private chat with Camilla on how to do gloves.

That shade of blue is lovely, and Maxima looks great overall. But, I find the sleeves a bit loud, although she seems to like that look as she had similar style sleeves last year when she wore a pink dress to an event I can't remember the name of. I've also heard that Beatrix likes to wear those sleeves, they must be fashionable within the DRF!

I love the colour she is beautiful but I don´t like the sleeves.

For heaven's sake, if the queen's nipples (the possession of which she shares with all women) bother you, then don't look!:bang: Standing next to such attractive men, one of whom is the subject of headlines in France describing his love life in great detail, surely a slight sign of femininity is permitted:lol:

I am afraid I agree in relation to the gloves. Max might need a private chat with Camilla on how to do gloves.

Maxima needs no input from Camilla. Camilla often looks life an unmade bed. Hardly stylish and somewhat frumpy. And I agree the dress on the upper part is poorly made. Had no one looked at this
before she put it on. The color was great. The suit was .......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom