Queen Máxima's Daytime Fashion Part 3: November 2013 - April 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I love her Majesty in that color, and the hat is very her. Love the blue outfit too.

Last edited:
Its a nice outfit and that hat is a great match IMO. It great to see a wide brim hat on Maxima.

Very elegant and appropriate. I love the hat.

Its a nice outfit which suits Maxima, but she's worn better ones IMO. Usually, I think Maxima's larger, circular rimmed hats look a little like Flying Saucers (the sweets), but I actually like this one. She wears it well.

Great hat, great bracelets and really love the big ring on her left hand!

I agree with what is said, I love big hats, and I love them even more on Queen Máxima. These big hats suit her, and she is carrying the hat and not the other way around.
I think this is the best look of January for HM, although the coat is nice it is nothing special. Still, suitable enough for the event.

Last edited:
Tee-hee, looks like the coat-over-the-shoulder idea is here to stay! I quite like her doing it as I really like capes! Queen Maxima looks as lovely as ever!

Not a huge fan of the coat-as-a-cape look. This one reminds me of the capes worn at university graduation ceremonies. Even though I dislike it, Maxima manages to pull it off -- she looks quite elegant and I like her dress.

Her hair looks good. Don't like the coat as cape, dislike black and brown together in general. Belt with the dress looks very unapplealing.

I suppose it is practical as she wears the coat from the car to the door and the other way around. But a cape would be a more elegant sollution. Or just put the arms in the sleeves.

i hate when Queen Maxima wore her coats that way:p
but the rest is elegant the dress suits her perfectly and i like her hair pulls back.

I agree with you, it looks like she is in a hurry or did not finish getting dressed :sad:

I suppose it is practical as she wears the coat from the car to the door and the other way around. But a cape would be a more elegant sollution. Or just put the arms in the sleeves.
I agree, in fact I think she should just whack off the arms of all her coats and be done with it!

Maxima has the gravitas to carry off serious millinery, like her magnificent black hat earlier this week, and any number and variety of capes and wraps. Basically I think she could rock any particular style she wanted to but this is not a style to aspire to and is reminiscent of that favoured by "VIP's" of the 30's, 40's and 50's.

I think you nailed it. Perhaps she doesn't wish to wear a coat in the car. If she has to struggle into the sleeves in the backseat of a limo, it would make a funny picture for the tabloids (are there tabloids in the Netherlands?). Of course she could wear capes, but since that is Beatrix's thing, perhaps she wouldn't want to. I think she looks both elegant and jaunty with her coat that way- I could never carry that off- I would drop the coat on the ground the minute I got out of the car!

http://www.newmyroyals.com/2014/02/queen-maxima-attends-symposium-in.html

Last edited:
I think, fashion-wise, she has really stepped up her game since becoming Queen. She still makes a few missteps here and there but overall there's been a big difference in her look now. I think the coat-cape thing is a matter of convenience when she's doing several engagements back-to-back and saves the trouble of putting it on, taking it off, ad infinitum during the day. I do like the plummy-colored outfit better than the recycled Natan one.:)

I think, fashion-wise, she has really stepped up her game since becoming Queen. She still makes a few missteps here and there but overall there's been a big difference in her look now. I think the coat-cape thing is a matter of convenience when she's doing several engagements back-to-back and saves the trouble of putting it on, taking it off, ad infinitum during the day. I do like the plummy-colored outfit better than the recycled Natan one.:)

I think you are right in that she has certainly tried to up her game. I don't think the hats have always worked, but she is certainly trying.

The thing that is starting to bug me is the one glove on/one glove off. I understand that she probably wants to have a bare hand when she is shaking hands with people. Unfortunately it makes me think of Kaiser Wilhelm with the arm damaged at birth. He always wore a glove on that hand but not necessarily on the other one. I am thinking that isn't the look Max is going for. I think it would be better to either take both gloves off and just carry them or leave them on.

Máxima at "Quality Now!", a European conference on the quality of cultural education in primary school, in Amsterdam, today, February 13, 2014, wearing a new look in blue and camel. I like the colour combination, shirt and skirt, but I'm not sure yet wether or not I like the leather part and the hat.

** Full view ** Upper part ** Hat **

It looks all wrong to me - too much going on. The 3 layers of colour (top and skirt) cut across at the wrong places; the skirt looks too tight; dont like the leather part and she didn't need a hat but I like the shape. If she is going to wear hats then one in a colour that doesn't blend with her hair would be good.

But I like the fact she is trying different styles and I do like hats so glad she is trying those as well.

It looks all wrong to me - too much going on. The 3 layers of colour (top and skirt) cut across at the wrong places; the skirt looks too tight; dont like the leather part and she didn't need a hat but I like the shape. If she is going to wear hats then one in a colour that doesn't blend with her hair would be good.

But I like the fact she is trying different styles and I do like hats so glad she is trying those as well.

I agree with you on all points.

I like the colours generally, but regarding the three colours....they say two's company, three's a crowd! I wonder whether just the blue and camel would have been nicer and just a thin belt. I prefer Queen Maxima's large hats - or at least the small ones with a large feather!
One thing is for sure, the clothes she wears are never boring and always deserve an opinion - good or bad!!

Indeed, the middle coloured stripe seems useless and is accentuating het belly, which doesn't do her any favours. The hat: I am glad that she is using one, but I always prefer the hair tucked under it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom