Queen Máxima's Daytime Fashion Part 3: November 2013 - April 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maxima looks lovely, though I'm not a huge fan of the sleeves.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using The Royals Community mobile app

Agree about the bodice, it's really too tight across the bust and the darts are misplaced.
In fact, if his signature inverted pleats at the waist (which flatter nobody) were eliminated from this dress, bodice let out along the bust, addition of sturdy bra, it would be a very pretty dress with the sleeves.
As long as I'm redesigning it, I would make the dress a simple column, no waist. Now that would be nice!
Love the jewels!!!1And gloves and skirt length and beige accessories overall.

For heaven's sake, if the queen's nipples (the possession of which she shares with all women) bother you, then don't look!:bang: Standing next to such attractive men, one of whom is the subject of headlines in France describing his love life in great detail, surely a slight sign of femininity is permitted:lol:

Seriously? She's not a fashion model-so I'm not entirely sure that she would be happy with people seeing that.

As maybe said I'm impressed by the elegance in lady gloves, coloring of dress and hat also. Her Majesty and Wilhelm appear aged younger or astute and it might be that they are concentrating on their health and beautiful blonde hair. I hope their life is filled with reminders of their entry into impossible literal eternal eulogy of might. Love to them.

the color suits her really well, jewels great a always, the sleeves ....still on the fence about them. somehow she can pull them off.

but the darts of the bodice - YUCK! either these are placed way too high or our beloved max needs better support in the undergarment department. her ladybits clearly need to be lifted half an inch or more for this dress. and the bodice is too tight. no politer way to express it.:whistling:

Last edited:
I am afraid I agree in relation to the gloves. Max might need a private chat with Camilla on how to do gloves.

For heaven's sake, if the queen's nipples (the possession of which she shares with all women) bother you, then don't look!:bang: Standing next to such attractive men, one of whom is the subject of headlines in France describing his love life in great detail, surely a slight sign of femininity is permitted:lol:

Actually you may find its not just women that have nipples. :)

That said, in western cultures these days it is not normal to display them in public.

The color is so beautiful I don't see the flaws as much. Accessories are perfect. Love the Dutch Aqua's.

Maxima looked lovely in the blue outfit, beautiful makeup and neat hair for a change. But I do agree with some of the above comments. She needs better "support" in the undergarment department. I've often noticed this about her. She tends to look saggy at times which isn't really a good look, especially for someone as young as her. The satin material she tends to favour so much is, once again, quite outdated and stiff.

the positives

i loved that dress to bits, the colour and shape are just lovely. and the hat matches it nicely. her hair looked lovely and fluffy. perfection for these pieces and hair styling.

the negatives

something is odd about those gloves. ruffling them like that with the bracelets on, etc... just looks weird. either ruffled gloves OR bracelets. both just look bad, particularly with those already eye-catching sleeves of the dress (which i love). maybe a plain set of beige gloves would have done nicely, and with those she could even possibly wear the bracelets.

the quality of the bra (or lack of it, thereof). this one is a big faux pas in my books, and needs to be sorted out ASAP. it ruins the whole look and her beautiful dress.

She needs better "support" in the undergarment department. I've often noticed this about her. She tends to look saggy at times which isn't really a good look, especially for someone as young as her.

I agree, Maxima has ruined a few outfits with a saggy/visible bust in the past, its so unnecessary.

I don't understand why she doesn't get a cape or two, like her mother in law. Very often she drapes these coats over her shoulders.

The Queen is ready for carnaval with such a hat. Not very elegant but it suits her extrovert personality.

:previous:I don't know why but I find the hat quite whimsical. Reminds me of Robin Hood. I couldn't help smiling when I first saw it.

Nice structured dress and I love the Tahitian pearls. I don't like that fushia lipstick or the color of that outfit. Mauve sucks the color out of most complexions exept dark skin IMO of course.

The dress and color are okay, the hat is a little "over-the-top", but it's Maxima so it is not unexpected. The makeup is what is off for me. Let's just say it is a little heavy handed. I understand she was trying to counter the color of the dress by using a darker application, but it's not looking so good.

Its a no for me. I wish she would go back to being Maxima and ditch the "what Queens wear" idea. Sorry, not explaining v well.

Not a fan of this look. I like the stepped-up Queen Maxima look but this is too costume-y IMO.

I'm a fan.
Love the dress, the hat, the jewelry and the make-up.
These earthly colours work so well on her.

wow. she looks superb. what a great combination of colours and i really like the way she put her coat today. i love the dress (i wish maxima would dare to use tight fitting dresses like this one more often) and that gorgeous hat. a stunning outfit to match a stunning location - what a palace! how privileged she is to visit such a place. she obviously thinks the same and chose an appropriately elegant outfit to go with it.

She is rocking a smokier eye, but if wonder if the makeup looks different in the interior pictures because the palace is darker, which means the flash is harsher?

I love the dress, but I'm not a huge fan of the sleeve type for Maxima's frame. It just seems like the sleeves are too short.

I love the hat-it's very Max, and not everyone could pull it off.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't understand why she choose to wear her coat like a cape - why not just invest in a cape. Thought it looked silly. Loved the colour on her and the hat was very nice but maybe a bit much for this one day visit to Italy - seemed better suited to a wedding or such occasion

Love the whole look esp the pearls. Much more flattering pix posted on My royals. Her makeup in the outdoor shots looks fantastic.

I love this look without the coat the hat the pearls she looks lovely IMO

The hat is not my taste but she wears it well and as mentioned above it suits her personality. The dress is quite plain but I do like how she dressed it up with the brooch and hat. Not fond of the coat with it and don't like how she lets it hang on her shoulders, I don't find it elegant.

the dress and color are wonderful on Queen Maxima,the hat and coat ruin the look Imo.

I agree. I don't understand why she wore the coat as a cape, it would look much better worn as a coat IMO. But, overall I like the outfit, purple looks good on Maxima. The hat is slightly odd, but I think I'll give Maxima a pass as it suits her dress.

Once again . . . What was she thinking! Maxima is the "Queen of Capes" so she has absolutely no excuse for turning her coat into a lumpy cape. Any one of them would have looked terrific. As to the hat? That is Max!

Once again . . . What was she thinking! Maxima is the "Queen of Capes" so she has absolutely no excuse for turning her coat into a lumpy cape. Any one of them would have looked terrific. As to the hat? That is Max!

The hat looks silly even for Maxima. Nice color though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom