Queen Máxima's Daytime Fashion Part 3: November 2013 - April 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Like the coat and boots but boo to the clunky jewelry. Where's the real stuff Max, you've been spoiling us lately

I love the coat and the boots. Maxima looks fabulous.

Love a Queen that can ROCK a pair of boots! The rest is okay. Not a fan of the chunky jewels.

I don't like the grey but I love the beige even with her Betty Rubbles .. but with the hat YUK !!! too much going on the earrings are summery to me and the hat is too "chunky" IMO for the outfit.

Máxima conducted the baptism of a new type of lifeboat of the Royal Dutch Rescue Organisation (KNRM), in IJmuiden, today, April 2, 2014, recycling Natan pants and wearing a new jacket. I like the colour combination, but don' like the cut of the jacket:

** Full view ** Full view 2 ** Upper part 1 ** Upper part 2 ** January 2014 ** Natan **

I'm convinced you either get Natan's design aesthetic or you don't. To me, his work is all very ladylike but also for an older lady. Too much fabric hanging around trying to disguise things (and I mean that of Natan, rather than Maxima)
I actually liked this outfit. It was very Max and very Spring. I loved the close-up with the little hatchet! :lol:
Does any Max watcher know what those earrings were at the launch? They did not look turquoise. Surely, Max must own a pair of eye-popping turquoise earrings?
And while I am on the topic, I think Max needs to pick up a few more jaw dropping pieces of jewelry with red coral. Just a suggestion.

No I don't like this and I rarely like Natan asI have said in the past I think he is a nuisance .. IMO

Well for Miss Maxima Z. but awful for the Queen of the Netherlands !

Máxima conducted the baptism of a new type of lifeboat of the Royal Dutch Rescue Organisation (KNRM), in IJmuiden, today, April 2, 2014, recycling Natan pants and wearing a new jacket. I like the colour combination, but don' like the cut of the jacket:

** Full view ** Full view 2 ** Upper part 1 ** Upper part 2 ** January 2014 ** Natan **
well that should be in the most terrible thread:D
hate those pants beside the fabric the jacket cut is not making this outfit looking better,i know Queen Maxima can do better.

At first I thought she was wearing jeans- with heels. Then I noticed the hat. It's an awkward outfit, but her long legs look fabulous in those trousers.

Last edited by a moderator:
I kinda like it. It is strange to see a hat with pants but her hair is nice and the color is good.

This is a really nicely co-ordinated outfit but I just can't get use to the hat with the pants

Those trousers should be kept for a holiday. Weird look, shiny pants with a hat. No good, they don't do her any favors.

Well for Miss Maxima Z. but awful for the Queen of the Netherlands !

I agree. Her function on that day was being the Queen of the Netherlands not a fashionable society jet-setter. And even on this level the outfit really wasn't a success. The trousers and hat look awkward together.
Still, I suppose she usually hits the mark more often than misses. I wonder what feedback, if any, the Dutch media gave on that outfit.

The outfit is just so disjointed. Nothing really seems to work together here. The pant is not flattering at all, especially with the heavier shoe. The hat is lost, and the jacket is so out of proportion.

Well, I've looked at these photos and others on various forum and news outlets and, I have decided it's a bit like banging your head on the wall . . . feels great when you stop!

In fact . . . I think I like it and would go so far as to say it is quintessential Maxima.

The color combinations work very well and as much as I don't like the fabric for of the pants, somehow she looks good.

No remarks from the Dutch Members of the board , or they like or they are KO !

Just looking the other way and waiting for it to go away maria-olivia. What a horrible outfit, there is nothing flattering about it. At all.

I hear that Eduard Vermeulen is selling his castle close to Brussels. Let's hope that he does it so he can finance an early retirement and Máxima can move on to different designers.

Last edited:
:previous: Not a fan? Try what I did. Everything looks lighter and brighter. It's either that or stay off the forum until it passes. Of course that will be the day that Maxima knocks it out of the park. :lol:

I'm Dutch and I don't really know what to think about this outfit...
I like the hat and I like the trousers (they just look good on her IMO) and in fact trousers were more practical than a skirt (she had to join the guys in a lifeboat, including life jacket and well, how can I say this? A skirt is not really handy on a lifeboat I think, because of the wind (even when the wind is not really there ashore, a lifeboat goes quite fast, so there will be a lot more wind on the boat than just in the harbour)). Women need to wear a hat to such a ceremony (otherwise it will bring the ship/boat bad luck) so in this situation, a pair of trousers and a hat were the best option she had.
However, I really don't like her jacket (it seems to be leather or something) but the colour combination is Oh-So-Máx and she just knocks it out of the park, really!

I really hate to say it but the side view picture really demonstrates how those horrible pants accentuate Maxima's rather flat behind. Not very flattering at all.

I have to say that Queen Maxima has done the impossible for me by wearing something so unusual that it's hard to work out whether I like the outfit or not! The jacket is lovely, the trousers are lovely, the hat is lovely, the fit is good, the cut is nice, the colours are great, but try as I might there is something indefinable about it that makes me love it and dislike all at the same time.

I have to say that Queen Maxima has done the impossible for me by wearing something so unusual that it's hard to work out whether I like the outfit or not! The jacket is lovely, the trousers are lovely, the hat is lovely, the fit is good, the cut is nice, the colours are great, but try as I might there is something indefinable about it that makes me love it and dislike all at the same time.

I have to say, I agree with you. There is something amiss, I am not sure what, even though the individual elements are fine in themselves.

Those pants are so unflattering, and Maxima has these ugly shoes in all kinds of colours. The headpiece only adds to this weird outfit.

I think Queen Máxima was wise to wear pants. She was invited to climb on the superfast advanced sea rescue boat and that is not recommendable with a skirt. It was no disaster, just a nice and colourful retro in-between for a little event. No one can say the Queen was inappropriately dressed with her hat and gloves. All by all it was handy.

Picture from the KNRM (Royal Netherlands Rescue Society) with Queen Máxima on the new boat: http://content.presspage.com/uploads/952/800_img_0160.jpg

Today the King and Queen of Sweden arrived in the Netherlands. Their visit is a highlight to commemorate that Sweden did send an ambassador for the first time and the good man was sent to the Netherlands. This happened in 1614, four centuries ago.

Queen Máxima repeated a silk grey outfit with matching hat, gloves and other accessoiries. The jewelry was assembled from various grey pearl items (earhangers, broche and bracelet).

Picture of the four royals from Zimbio: http://www4.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Queen+Maxima+King+Carl+XVI+Gustaf+Sweden+Queen+pWz_d3WyiIux.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Pics from todays visit from the Swedish Royal Couple:

PPE Agency ** ANP Foto

Maxxx is looking phantastic, I always looooved the Outfit - wasn´t it from Amalias christening?
BYe Bine

I have to say, I agree with you. There is something amiss, I am not sure what, even though the individual elements are fine in themselves.

You say perfectly what the problem is...there are individual pieces that don't go together. The hat belongs with another outfit. Everything is a mismatch.

The pants are very nice and a good choice for the occasion, but a longer top or jacket would have looked much better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom