Queen Máxima's Daytime Fashion Part 2: July 2013 - November 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm glad she had the coat! :) At first I thought she must be cold in mid-October... - Too much grey to my liking.

I like the dress.
Beautiful colour and the different sleeves are fun.

I don't care for this dress. It looks like a Matador's cape half slung over one shoulder. Awkward. Too much grey.

I think Queen Maxima is always overdress for the ocassion, she is always with chiffon skirts, silk blouses, hats...she is at a University!!!! She didn't need to put a dress and hat like she was going for a cockatil or something...something a little less will be the best approach...sometimes I think that the only thing she seams interesting is how she is going to look like...something a little less will suit her just well...:ermm:

I disagree, Maxima always dresses (whether I like it or not) to suit her exuberant personality. It would ring false if she suddenly dressed in drab neutrals or grey suits. JMO.

I disagree, Maxima always dresses (whether I like it or not) to suit her exuberant personality. It would ring false if she suddenly dressed in drab neutrals or grey suits. JMO.

She is in neutrals with the blouse and skirt

This would be perfect but for her hair. Her hair - arghhhh! She is so lovely and when she wears her hair styled back it shows all of her loveliness!

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't mind all the grey in this outfit but she could've done something nice with her hair to complete the look.

Last edited by a moderator:

Máxima at the opening of the FrieslandCampina Innovation Centre at the University & Research Centre campus in Wageningen today, October 16, wearing her grey Natan dress again and the hat she has worn at Prince Jaime's wedding at the beginning of this month:

** Full view ** Full view with coat ** Upper part ** New York September 2013 **

I like her dress but not with the cardigan and the hat is alright, although I'm not too keen.

The whole look is awful! The flimsy skirt with the heavy top does her no favors, and that hat looks terrible. The only thing I like is her black pearl earrings.

That hat and the jewels are the only things I like.

The hat was already worn by Carmen Zorreguieta in 2005 at Alexia's baptism.

Awful is the word here what is she thinking the hat though a nice piece does not even remotely appear to be part of the outfit the skirt is noce but not withthe dreadful skirt ... gosh!!

Somehow I think a taller hat would have been better as the top part broadens her shoulders so the broad-rimmed hat makes it abit top heavy. Nonetheless, I like the design and colours which are a nice backdrop for the jewells.

We all agree - those earrings are spectacular. I thought the stones (I'm guessing rough cut stones of some kind) in the bracelet were out of scale with the earrings and the brooch. And the one glove was just odd. The hem on that skirt was rough seas.

Otherwise - she was her Maxy self, I thought.

I like the hat. I love Maxima's sense of drama! But the skirt is too wispy for the season, and for the rest of the outfit.

Thank you! Maxima and Willem-Alexander look bigger than everyone else because they are bigger! And Maxima looks gorgeous and regal.

I never said she looked large - what I said was her outfit was dowdy and too prim.

I like the outfit, especially the pin, the gray is a nice background for it ditto the earrings.
Is that the same hat we saw at the recent wedding?

Good grief! I hope she doesn't have to eat with those sleeves..They'd be a mess. The knit hat has to go as well as the hair-do. A big miss for me.

I love that outfit. Love the mustard color and the texture in the hat. It is a little tight all over, imo.
Adore the earrings, and pin, and bracelet thanks for the bling Max

I love that outfit. Love the mustard color and the texture in the hat. It is a little tight all over, imo.
Adore the earrings, and pin, and bracelet thanks for the bling Max

I like it too. Maybe a different hairstyle, but I think she looks great.

I think the outfit should be one size bigger, and the hat doesn't work with the rest.

Queen Máxima at an exhibition opening in Amsterdam today, October 18, recycling the outfit she has worn at the wedding of Stéphanie and Guillaume one year ago. We've also seen her wearing today's hat before:

** Full view ** Upper part ** Close up ** Close up 2 ** October 20, 2012 ** Hat - December 2012 **

I quite like her dress and makeup, but the hat isn't doing her any favours and man oh man I wish she would burn those shoes, if I had to be mean about it I would call them stripper shoes:whistling:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom