Queen Máxima's Daytime Fashion Part 14: July 2018 - February 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually like Maxima's look on the 8th of Feb. A very up-to-date tonal look broken up with a small amount of glitter. What spoils it for me is her hair. Probably not her fault as God gave her extremely thin and stringy hair that unless fixed daily by professional in a structured look, turns a bit messy. We have all seen her hair beautifully styled but I am sure that it takes a good hour to achieve. Hair is just not this queen's favorite thing to spend her time on. Since it has been talked about for many years, I doubt her attention to it will change. As long as her husband isn't annoyed over the look, our opinion will never mean anything to her about her messy style.

I don’t think her hair looked too bad today but do agree with what you say. Its refreshing that she’s not completely obsessed with her appearance and as you say, the hair has been a talking point for years! At least she does wear it in different styles and hasn’t gone the same way as QE2 or of course her mother in law and stuck rigidly to 1 style.

Her hair has looked much much worse on previous occasions today wasn't too bad the outfit was nice but spoiled by her wearing the coat like a cape.

Maxima's outfit is fantastic. It's a shame her hair doesn't meet up to those standards.

fine outfit i like it even with the cap/coat
hair is as usual messy but i am used by now

I really like this pants suit. Maxima has pulled off a really amazing look. The embroidery and beading at the waist surprisingly look great but what makes it different is that its winter and it's cold and, instead of wearing a tailored jacket or big coat, she has a three-piece suit with the third piece being a matching short cape. Wow, I would really love to have that ensemble but failing that, just the cape.

Her shoes are surprisingly mismatched with the ensemble and I have decided she made them her "pop" of colour but IMO, it was a fail. Her hair is something that is what it is, thin and easily damaged so, failing a professional hairdo, its the best we can hope for,

fine outfit i like it even with the cap/coat
hair is as usual messy but i am used by now

I shall go out on a limb here and share that beautifully coiffed hair is not the Dutch way. Yes Princess Beatrix used the same hair style all her life but there are many jokes about her hair 'helmet'. Queen Maxima's hair follows the very informal style adopted by many Dutch men and women; one has only to google images of Dutch celebrities to see this informality reflected across the board. I believe the Dutch queen enjoys high popularity because she is 'normaal', a very Dutch thing to be:flowers:

Great color, I like the cape/coat. The bling adds a bit of break up of color :flowers:

Yes the hair is a mess but not as bad as at times.

I shall go out on a limb here and share that beautifully coiffed hair is not the Dutch way. Yes Princess Beatrix used the same hair style all her life but there are many jokes about her hair 'helmet'. Queen Maxima's hair follows the very informal style adopted by many Dutch men and women; one has only to google images of Dutch celebrities to see this informality reflected across the board. I believe the Dutch queen enjoys high popularity because she is 'normaal', a very Dutch thing to be:flowers:

:previous: Thank you, Gerry, for your wise words.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom